boomer/X-Metal point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll briefly add my one experience. I had ordered his heat exchanger, some brake pads and something else through him over the phone. When I was ready to have Joe from PBJ install the brake pads several weeks later (while also installing his lowering kit) we noticed that I had the wrong ones (got some '05s instead of '04s for either the rear or front...cant remember).

I had called several weaks before going to Joe's to ask about some other things that I was interested in purchasing...never got a call back.

Knowing how things had gone as far as not being able to get a hold of him both phone and e-mail I knew I wouldnt easily get my money back for the wrong pads...so I sold them at nearly half price to a fellow forum member.

It was easier/faster to sell them to a fellow member at a loss to me vs trying to get a hold of Boomer.

No Flaming allowed...........

TheSickness said:
Ok where are the guys that have a problem ? This thread is just as important to those that have had a problem......Speak up and Boom will respond....Also guys when one of those guys posts....No flaming from other members !!!! Be adults please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok it's time I guess.

I did not want to go public with this but in November of 06 I sent Gary check # 2782 for $139.32 which he cashed on November, 11 2006. This was for a pair of door sills for my red truck.
I recieved a package about 2.5 weeks later that had no external damage. Inside were a pair of door sills that looked like they had been folded in half. I called and talked to Jodi and returned them, which I have confirmation of. I was told that a replacement set would be sent.

I have asked repeadly Gary where my door sills are, I have been told a couple of times that he had problems with the anodizer. I asked for my money to be returned and was told to wait that he would get them done. It has been eight months and I still have no door sills.

Over the last six to eight months I have spent many many hours on the phone with customers of Gary's that contacted me beacuse they have gotten parts that don't work or were not recieved at all. These gentlemen had no resolution from Gary to their problems. These were not men who were whiners, but knowledegable people that had legitimate problems.

I have recieved many PM's regarding the same problems.

Patrick has also had the same situation come up many times.

Regarding my own situation with paying for and not getting my merchandise I place creedence in the people that have told me the same story.

Gary has for the most part refused to address these issues.
When I brought up to him, he told me that the issues were resolved, or soon would be. A month ago when I talked with Gary he became very defensive and said, "Just take me off the dam Forum". I told him that I did not want to do that as he made parts for a specialty vehicle that no one was servicing. We talked a while longer and he did say he would try to do better with customer service. The complaints did not stop and I still did not get my parts.

We also now have vendors here that do make many parts for the trucks, and they are expanding their lines with more parts and services almost daily. We do not get complaints on those vendors.

Patrick contacted Gary's customers that had complained to him and the problems still had not been taken care of, after a reasonable period of time.

Patrick and I did not like to not renew Gary's vendorship, as the Forum can use the money. Our main concern was for our members, and their well being.

FSTJACK said:
Ok it's time I guess.

I did not want to go public with this but in November of 06 I sent Gary check # 2782 for$139.32 which he cashed on November, 11 2006. This was for a pair of door sills for my red truck.
I recieved a package about 2.5 weeks later that had no external damage. Inside were a pair of door sills that looked like they had been folded in half. I called and talked to Jodi and returned them, which I have confirmation of. I was told that a replacement set would be sent.

I have asked repeadly Gary where my door sills are, I have been told a couple of times that he had problems with the anodizer. I asked for my money to be returned and was told to wait that he would get them done. It has been eight months and I still have no door sills.

Over the last six to eight months I have spent many many hours on the phone with customers of Gary's that contacted me beacuse they have gotten parts that don't work or were not recieved at all. These gentlemen had no resolution from Gary to their problems. These were not men who were whiners, but knowledegable people that had legitimate problems.

I have recieved many PM's regarding the same problems.

Patrick has also had the same situation come up many times.

Regarding my own situation with paying for and not getting my merchandise I place creedence in the people that have told me the same story.

Gary has for the most part refused to address these issues.
When I brought up to him, he told me that the issues were resolved, or soon would be. A month ago when I talked with Gary he became very defensive and said, "Just take me off the dam Forum". I told him that I did not want to do that as he made parts for a specialty vehicle that no one was servicing. We talked a while longer and he did say he would try to do better with customer service. The complaints did not stop and I still did not get my parts.

We also now have vendors here that do make many parts for the trucks, and they are expanding their lines with more parts and services almost daily. We do not get complaints on those vendors.

Patrick contacted Gary's customers that had complained to him and the problems still had not been taken care of, after a reasonable period of time.

Patrick and I did not like to not renew Gary's vendorship, as the Forum can use the money. Our main concern was for our members, and their well being.
Jack as always Thank You for your Honesty and Candor...I expect nothing less from a Man as great as you are...Thank You :D

Since Jack has posted, I will add my part also.

As Jack stated, I have also received many PMs and even calls on my cell late to help resolve matters. For the courtesy of some of our members, I WILL NOT mention names unless they would like to come on and post there situations.

I would hope that the members of this forum would understand that we want the best for the forum, and we feel that this is a step needing to be done FOR THE MEMBERS. Dont you think we would love to have an additional paying vendor??!! Absolutely, it would help with the costs of the forum! but we have received enough complains by many members that a decision had to be addressed.

Again, if you would like to buy from X-Metal, please feel free to, but the vtcoa cannot help by advertising to a company that could possibly receive money and not deliver products in return, or in a reasonable time frame. I understand Xmetal might have a lack of employees or other reasoning of why it takes months after months to receive a product, but that is the risk the customer will have to choose, and the forum can/will not support the outcome.

I hope most understand...

If there are any that would like to post that they had a slight issue, please feel free without being nervous , we will not allow bashing towards a complaint or any other negativity towards you.

Thanks

Patrick

There will be good and bad with everything...lets let this one rest. If you have had a good experience with Gary you will most likely do biz with him in the future. If you had a bad experience with Gary you will most likely not do biz with Gary. Other vendors have there problems as well. I think it is that Gary has been around for a while and people either love him or hate him. Now how bout them V-10's, let go after "L"'s. :D

RedSrt007 said:
Since Jack has posted, I will add my part also.

As Jack stated, I have also received many PMs and even calls on my cell late to help resolve matters. For the courtesy of some of our members, I WILL NOT mention names unless they would like to come on and post there situations.

I would hope that the members of this forum would understand that we want the best for the forum, and we feel that this is a step needing to be done FOR THE MEMBERS. Dont you think we would love to have an additional paying vendor??!! Absolutely, it would help with the costs of the forum! but we have received enough complains by many members that a decision had to be addressed.

Again, if you would like to buy from X-Metal, please feel free to, but the vtcoa cannot help by advertising to a company that could possibly receive money and not deliver products in return, or in a reasonable time frame. I understand Xmetal might have a lack of employees or other reasoning of why it takes months after months to receive a product, but that is the risk the customer will have to choose, and the forum can/will not support the outcome.

I hope most understand...

If there are any that would like to post that they had a slight issue, please feel free without being nervous , we will not allow bashing towards a complaint or any other negativity towards you.

Thanks

Patrick
Thank You Patrick same thing I said to Jack.....awesome :rock:

I've talked to Justin about some of his services (excellent by the way). Not sure if I can speak for the majority but for me if a vendor has a product thats specifically for my truck and the price is right I'm gonna buy it vs price checking anywhere else. If its within a reasonable range from someone else who may be cheaper I'll still buy from a supporting vendor.

I think this thread is a perfect example of how a forum is supposed to work...

Both sides of the story have been laid out.....and now consumers can make a decision for themselves...

Gary....thank you for the offer to repair the handles but I will figure something out....btw we did talk about the brown finish the day I recieved them (not after a year in the sun) and you said you to were disappointed with your anodizer...specifically as it related to the tailgate handle...

I have purchased a great deal of items from Gary some did not come right away, some did, and I received one item that I purchased that was for an 05 instead of an 04; but all in all I received top notch service from him. I consider myself to be a big pain in the A$$ because I usually have a lot of questions regarding his products, but when ever I'd call him he either picks up the call or calls me later that day. Unfortunately, he can not please all of the people all of the time that just life. I'm sure that I'm not alone on this, but we need more of the Gary's and Justin's in the world to continue to create and develop new and exciting go fast goodies for our trucks.

Items purchase: PCM Stage II, 170 degree t-stat, cat-less mids, lowering kit, bed rug, cal-tracs, AEM A/F meter, Autometer Boost gauge, 3-pod door molding, EBC Brake Pads, and will continue to do business with him.

Boomer - thanks for posting your take on things.

Well as most of you know I have had problems with garys lowering kit on my 06 RC and the rubbing of tires on the fender liners. This has been going on for over 8 months and I finally gave up trying to contact. The only response I recieved (not for lack of trying) on 12/11/06 was
QUOTE(I am not Summit or Jegs, or any other mail order shop, I am one man,
engineering, design and fabrication. You have a street truck, if you want
race springs, I can accommodate that. I am the ONLY shop who has designed
and tested springs and componets for the SRT. Good luck finging any
"lowering" company who cares about the SRT's like I do.)

I didn't know that you needed race springs to drive down the interstate?
Now in being fair I will say this was the only problem I had with gary besides the 3 months for the shifter and some shipping charges.

Gary, After all the problems I've had with the lowering kit I still wish you and yours the best because I think your a good person at heart you just seem to have to much on your plate. (just an observation)

Last edited:
Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Not sure if I can speak for the majority but for me if a vendor has a product thats specifically for my truck and the price is right I'm gonna buy it vs price checking anywhere else. If its within a reasonable range from someone else who may be cheaper I'll still buy from a supporting vendor.
You can speak for me... I purchased an item this week that cost more than I could have gotten elsewhere. I believe in the vendors here on VTCOA and appreciate all the RND that a lot of these vendors do for our specialty trucks.:rock: :rock:

I'm glad he responded. For what it's worth I just gave my feedback to another vendor on the site and some was good and some was bad. Basically I told him that from my observation I wouldn't do business with him again. He contacted me about that in less than 5 minutes. He's operating a one man show as well. The two minute conversation we had put my mind at ease and retained him a customer.

I've faced adversity and everytime I do I use that as a time of self-reflection. I suggest that's what you do, "Boomer", and I'm not trying to be an ass. At some point you have stop repeating that you're not Summit or Jegs. We get that. That's just a terrible response when someone has given you their hard-earned money. The VTCOA is made up of blue collar workers and millionaires. Some people have to save to buy a shifter or a set of mirrors etc. I'm not placing the value of money for one person higher than the other. I'll quit now.

I have purchased many products from Gary, for my own truck and for customers trucks, Gary has always been there for me, sometimes I can't get him when "I" need him but I understand and he always makes sure to get back to me, I have done some of my own custom mods and have always found Gary to be helpful, I've e-mailed him on things that are not even X-Metal and he always gives me his honest opinion, Gary is a pioneer, designing new products, how many vendors actually R&D and design new products, anybody can sell products that already have been made, Gary is continually making new products, also everyone needs to remember we are customizing, changing the trucks from their stock configurations, as with anything custom there are ups & downs, some things might be better than others but at least Gary has the courage to try new things, improve over SRT's original design, we need more people like Gary and Dan Craigen, these are the only people I have seen who won't sell people stuff if it doesn't really improve these trucks, that's honesty and integrity, there are plenty of aftermarket companys that tell you their products are great and increase HP only to find out they don't do shit, I custom made my water tank & water pump setup for my paxton and I asked Gary for some feedback, he was honest and helped me, he has since upgraded his water tank on his black truck and told me that it made power and kept the truck cooler, I told him he should offer it as a kit with his heat exchanger, if he decides to do it I would feel good about maybe contributing to our trucks, point is we as a group need guys like Gary to keep making our trucks better and better, a vendor with the passion of an owner you won't find that alot, just look at that ass in texas, ripping off customers, making a guy like Walt so upset that he sold the truck at a huge loss and never even enjoyed it, you never know what you have until its gone, lets hope it doesn't come to that, my $.02

Asher

Nowwhat said:
I think this thread is a perfect example of how a forum is supposed to work...

Both sides of the story have been laid out.....and now consumers can make a decision for themselves...

Gary....thank you for the offer to repair the handles but I will figure something out....btw we did talk about the brown finish the day I recieved them (not after a year in the sun) and you said you to were disappointed with your anodizer...specifically as it related to the tailgate handle...

Did you ever think you have to much burly exhaust coming out of the tailpipe, and thats why the handle had a brown finish.:D You still down for Vegas is september? gonna be there 7th-9th, driven my truck up there. by the way I have no idea where I got the word burly from, or if it is even a word.:rock:

areuv said:
I have purchased many products from Gary, for my own truck and for customers trucks, Gary has always been there for me, sometimes I can't get him when "I" need him but I understand and he always makes sure to get back to me, I have done some of my own custom mods and have always found Gary to be helpful, I've e-mailed him on things that are not even X-Metal and he always gives me his honest opinion, Gary is a pioneer, designing new products, how many vendors actually R&D and design new products, anybody can sell products that already have been made, Gary is continually making new products, also everyone needs to remember we are customizing, changing the trucks from their stock configurations, as with anything custom there are ups & downs, some things might be better than others but at least Gary has the courage to try new things, improve over SRT's original design, we need more people like Gary and Dan Craigen, these are the only people I have seen who won't sell people stuff if it doesn't really improve these trucks, that's honesty and integrity, there are plenty of aftermarket companys that tell you their products are great and increase HP only to find out they don't do shit, I custom made my water tank & water pump setup for my paxton and I asked Gary for some feedback, he was honest and helped me, he has since upgraded his water tank on his black truck and told me that it made power and kept the truck cooler, I told him he should offer it as a kit with his heat exchanger, if he decides to do it I would feel good about maybe contributing to our trucks, point is we as a group need guys like Gary to keep making our trucks better and better, a vendor with the passion of an owner you won't find that alot, just look at that ass in texas, ripping off customers, making a guy like Walt so upset that he sold the truck at a huge loss and never even enjoyed it, you never know what you have until its gone, lets hope it doesn't come to that, my $.02

Asher
Now that is what it is all about. Very well said.

guys on the poll that got closed, i wasnt trying to start anything. just trying to let the mods and owners see what the members thought about this situation. hope it can get resolved for the newer guys. most everyone here agrees that boomerhas had problems, hell even he admitted to it. but give the guy the benefit of the doubt. everyone here also knows he is not a big outfit and should take it into consideration when buying. ive always got what i paid for from him. just my .02 for what its worth. again not trying to start any b/s this place has a world of info about our trucks and i have met some lifelong friends here too. thats about it, i just wanted to clarify why i did that.

Glad you got to give your point of view Gary.

The only problem I've ever had with Gary is that he can be slow getting something finished. At the same time it has always been correct. I'll take done right over done fast any day. Now with Marty I can always get someone knowledgeable on the phone when I need to. Hopefully the pace will pick up a little bit too :D

We need more people like Gary experimenting with these trucks and designing additional goodies for us to spend money on. He is very knowledgeable and likes to explain why "x" is the way to go instead of just saying "here it is cause I said so." Most of us are gear heads who enjoy learning.

I understand people's frustration with being charged before product ships, maybe this needs to be changed????? Or just charge for material since some of it can get pricey. I know Gary personally so not a big deal, I know he won't screw me, but I wouldn't accept that from just anyone.

There were more people bitching on the other tread than this one. Thank you to those who have stepped up and aired questions or problems! I for one would like to see this drama end so everyone can get on with their lives. Jack brought up some real questions that have been lingering around here for quite some time, hopefully Gary will address them.

Joe

My situation remains unresolved with X metal.....

6/13/06-Received several items from Xmetal. I PM'd Gary....Not included were black anodized tailgate handle and fuel door. All items previously paid in full. Gary responded they were back ordered

9/7/06-Inquired to status of my back order. Gary....sorry for delay but having problems with anodizer and trying to get them redone. Gary offered refund if I wanted. I declined.

11/7/06-Inquired to status of my backorder. Gary....sorry for delay. Still dealing with anodizer. Found a new guy and should have parts soon. Thanks for patience.

1/7/07-Inquired to status of my backorder. Gary....I was in motorcycle accident. i just got back involved this week. i have some parts there, and i need to assemble them for you. its taking a while, as i shattered my left arm, i am 1 handed right now. i have your stuff, but please allow me a bit more and it will blow you away with the quality, its pretty darn good. i just need to get some help putting it all together.

2/7/07-Inquired to status of my backorder. Gary....sorry, been like a circus here. I'll get them together for you and how about a new product I just developed?....Steering link for lowering kit you previously purchased. Thanks for your patience. Sorry again for delay I'll get all out to you shortly.

Over 1 yr since original purchase and 4 months since I'll get it out to you shortly........:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I would like parts shipped within the next week with tracking # or contact me for refund. PM available, email chuck.swm at cox.net phone 602 430-7270

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back