boomer/X-Metal point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experiences with Gary have been fantastic.....he's a good man...in my opinion that's all that matters....I've dealt with plenty of vendors across a wide range of products and vehicles and had good experiences as well as bad...the truth is it is impossible to please all people....most will be happy, some will be disgruntled....i just think the disgruntled people should handle it directly with the vendor themselves and then decide whether or not to do business with them on there own.....I'm not sure that public displays of displeasure and whining are the answer....I'm not sure these vendors (except in the rare instance) begin with the intention to do harm.....but when you handle it let's say via a forum the way some people do, with intent, then you have reduced yourself to a much lower level than the vendor himself....i hate to ramble but felt it necessary to comment....

By the way I have installed the X-Metal throttle body and it is a far superior produce than Hennessey's and especially RSI's....I've had all three and X-Metal's is BY FAR the best

doneo said:
My experiences with Gary have been fantastic.....he's a good man...in my opinion that's all that matters....I've dealt with plenty of vendors across a wide range of products and vehicles and had good experiences as well as bad...the truth is it is impossible to please all people....most will be happy, some will be disgruntled....i just think the disgruntled people should handle it directly with the vendor themselves and then decide whether or not to do business with them on there own.....I'm not sure that public displays of displeasure and whining are the answer....I'm not sure these vendors (except in the rare instance) begin with the intention to do harm.....but when you handle it let's say via a forum the way some people do, with intent, then you have reduced yourself to a much lower level than the vendor himself....i hate to ramble but felt it necessary to comment....

By the way I have installed the X-Metal throttle body and it is a far superior produce than Hennessey's and especially RSI's....I've had all three and X-Metal's is BY FAR the best

I couldn't agree more with your opinion about vendors. I have had good luck with Gary. I think he is one of the best vendors this forum had. I won't say anything bad the service, quality of the parts and etc. I'm a proud Supporter of Xmetal Engineering!

doneo said:

Well stated D...........:bandit:

doneo said:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Just a thought for you Gary. But on products like shifters where you need to make more then one to make it worth while, which I understand. Why don't you do group buys only on them. Wait untill you have say 10 people on a list that want them, the ten pay then you make the product, that I can understand. Hace the list public so everyone knows how many people have to jump on board yet before they can expect their product.

But taking some ones money right away for a product that you aren't going to make or but the material for for months or until you have enough people just isn't right. Man I wish I could get payed in advance for everything I have to order for people, hell I can't even get them to pay after they get the product half them time :banghead:

Gary, I am sorry for all the trouble you have encountered....I hope all concerned will learn a lesson.

Just got my order yesterday. Took longer than I expected, but wholy shit is the quality of the parts top notch. I was extremely impressed with the level of understanding of these machines Gary has. And unlike other vendors that sometimes pussyfoot around the real world issues he provides a no bull shit approach. I spend way too much money on products for my company, and for 11 years I had listened to the manufacturers and the bullshit that they spewed about their products and how much better they were than the competitors. I never understood how completely wrong their statements were until I set each product side by side and tested them in my controll in the exact same set of conditions. A real world no BS critic is very often the one I will trust and believe over a prety glossy ad anyday.

Thanks Prof. I told them to take their time. I am a stiffler for perfect or damn near. I would rather wait on stuff the n redo stuff.
Silver and Stingray, I figured some of the guys here from the old site would remember that guy. Now there is a crook!! Big difference between him and Gary.

I was one of the people that got scammed buy Mofo, so yes I do remember.

Bill.

since april 26th i have talked to gary 2 times have told him what i was not happy with x-metal , BUT WHEN TWO ADULTS TALK THINGS OVER , things can be resolved to some xtent, only thing that still sticks in my craw is ,and gary knows this so iam NOT saying something that i have not told him man to man, i WAS promised 90 to 100 xtra horse , I GOT ONLY!!!!!!!!!! 40 HORSES. paid parts, labor and gas ,hotel , dogy hotel , for the price of $6000.00.

Whatcha get done??? :confused:
king daddy said:
since april 26th i have talked to gary 2 times have told him what i was not happy with x-metal , BUT WHEN TWO ADULTS TALK THINGS OVER , things can be resolved to some xtent, only thing that still sticks in my craw is ,and gary knows this so iam NOT saying something that i have not told him man to man, i WAS promised 90 to 100 xtra horse , I GOT ONLY!!!!!!!!!! 40 HORSES. paid parts, labor and gas ,hotel , dogy hotel , for the price of $6000.00.

king daddy said:
If your mod list in your sig is current 40 rwhp is about right. A RC will go from about 430 rwhp bone stock to about 470 rwhp with a PCM Flash, Headers, midpipes, exhaust and CAI. Sounds like you are right where you should be. :dontknow:

You're gonna need nitrous, cam, head work or a blower to get around 500 or more rwhp.:)

king daddy said:

Was the 90 to 100 xtra horses crank or at the wheels? If its at the wheels ya your short about 60. If its at the crank your numbers seem right. Just curious for clarification.

PCM Flash= ?? HP
Headers= ?? HP
Midpipes= ?? HP
Exhaust= 10-12 HP
CAI= 0 HP (or 1 HP if it's JMB)

That means that PCM flash, headers, and mid-pipes come out to 28-30 HP?
Hmmm.....

Kevan said:
PCM Flash= ?? HP
Headers= ?? HP
Midpipes= ?? HP
Exhaust= 10-12 HP

Hmmm.....
A RC with Flash, headers, midpipes, exhaust and CAI makes 465-475 rwhp. It varies a little depending on conditions and dyno, etc....That's all they've ever made with those mods.

A stock RC makes 420-430 rwhp. Again, it varies a little depending on conditions, dyno, etc....

It is what it is.....:dontknow:

Kevan said:
PCM Flash= ?? HP
Headers= ?? HP
Midpipes= ?? HP
Exhaust= 10-12 HP

Hmmm.....

unless you add a throttle body then it is 150rwhp.....:D

Nowwhat said:
unless you add a throttle body then it is 150rwhp.....:D

vinyl stripes give about 15-20 rwhp, thats only on a QC though.:D

they said i started with 390hp and 421 tr, with only cai, installed stage two, bassani ,billy boat, 430hpand 471 tr, i was told i would get a XTRA 90-100 hp over stock , WRONG.

ViperTruck2933 said:
A RC with Flash, headers, midpipes, exhaust and CAI makes 465-475 rwhp. It varies a little depending on conditions and dyno, etc....That's all they've ever made with those mods.

A stock RC makes 420-430 rwhp.
IIRC, we've seen some RC's make almost 460 rwhp bone stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back