boomer/X-Metal point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is what / they said/ i had stock , made me think twice myself it does not sound wright.

My bone stock R/C put down 458.6/542 and my Q/C 427/458 think the TQ on the R/C is off by 100 TQ

Kevan said:
IIRC, we've seen some RC's make almost 460 rwhp bone stock.
Very rare.

And most likely attributed to the dyno set up, not the truck.;)

Dyno's can be set up to show higher or lower numbers. Some read habitually high and some read habitually low. Some show corrected numbers, and some show uncorrected numbers. Look at the numbers in my sig. Look at the difference in corrected and uncorrected.

Some guys get on here and post a 460 rwhp dyno without specifying wether its Standard, SAE or Corrected numbers. Those are 3 different numbers for the same pull.

My 535 Corrected/548 Standard pull was something like 560 SAE. :confused:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Very rare.

And most likely attributed to the dyno set up, not the truck.;)

Dyno's can be set up to show higher or lower numbers. Some read habitually high and some read habitually low. Some show corrected numbers, and some show uncorrected numbers. Look at the numbers in my sig. Look at the difference in corrected and uncorrected.

Some guys get on here and post a 460 rwhp dyno without specifying wether its Standard, SAE or Corrected numbers. Those are 3 different numbers for the same pull.

My 535 Corrected/548 Standard pull was something like 560 SAE. :confused:

on top of that....you also have to distinguish between peak hp and hp gains at lower rpms....but back on point....for the most part we tend to talk "peak SAE rwhp"....as in mid pipes give 15-20 rwhp....

the only thing the dyno is really good for is tuning and measuring changes after a mod....we all know a 460rwhp truck on one dyno can be 430rwhp on another....

Another thing to bear in mind. I "THINK" Boomers new dyno reads low. :dontknow:

My neighbor and I had very similar mods before our builds. He put down 430 rwhp on Boomers dyno (Stage II, Bassanis, Mids, JMB CAI, Magnaflow) and I put down 467 on PBJs (Stage II, Belangers, Mids, JMB CAI, Magnaflow).

On a Regular Cab truck 100 Crankshaft HP = 84 RWHP.

To convert raw HP to SAE HP ( the only # that really matters ) there is a correction factor. That correction factor will be a higher or lower number depending on altitude, humidity, DA, and air temperature.

Nowwhat said:
....we all know a 460rwhp truck on one dyno can be 430rwhp on another....

Well, until Phil Dyno'd mine, I had no idea. I know some of you were gearheads at birth, some even sooner. But thats why we ask questions that seem so out of place.

I still think there are those that are confused at why an ET in Denver is not the same as an ET in Florida.

Some us continue to learn as we go

So all might not be quite right :dontknow:

But keep teachin :D

Although I didn't read every post, please allow my two cents :D

In the last year, Gary has spent about an hour on the phone and another hour plus via emails.....and I haven't bought ANYTHING from him....for several reasons, all of them being my own personal issues....it sometimes took him a bit, but he did get back to me and gave good, patient information and answered all questions to my satisfaction even though I made no orders...for that, I give him a lot of credit.....past experience has proven that his good conduct was a severe exception to the rule....with most guys, if you don't buy the first time out, they don't have time for you....

Respectful word of advice to any vendor.....keeping a time table is 1000% paramount to staying in business....granted, crazy things happen in life and most people are forgiving, at least once :D .....but to all vendors.....underpromise and overdeliver when it comes to a timeline....always add a pad and you'll find that customers will gladly wait to get something from a good guy that keeps his word.....

While not actually getting to buy any parts, my experiences with Gary have been good and I wish him the best.

Boomer & Marty are 100% good people, I hope we have another GTG at X-Metal it was a blast. I live 300 miles away but you can bet your fat ass I will be there.
BTW My R/C is bone stock and read 402 HP on Garys Dyno, Which he did at no charge for every truck at the GTG, about 20 of us.

PDR-GUY said:
Well as most of you know I have had problems with garys lowering kit on my 06 RC and the rubbing of tires on the fender liners. This has been going on for over 8 months and I finally gave up trying to contact. The only response I recieved (not for lack of trying) on 12/11/06 was
QUOTE(I am not Summit or Jegs, or any other mail order shop, I am one man,
engineering, design and fabrication. You have a street truck, if you want
race springs, I can accommodate that. I am the ONLY shop who has designed
and tested springs and componets for the SRT. Good luck finging any
"lowering" company who cares about the SRT's like I do.)

I didn't know that you needed race springs to drive down the interstate?
Now in being fair I will say this was the only problem I had with gary besides the 3 months for the shifter and some shipping charges.

Gary, After all the problems I've had with the lowering kit I still wish you and yours the best because I think your a good person at heart you just seem to have to much on your plate. (just an observation)
gene, send me your other springs, after you recieve the new ones i am shipping to you tomorrow. what address would you like them shipped to? your shop or home?

hashash said:
I Ordered my first order in November ( HIDs , Stage 2 pcm , Tstat , mgnaflow and midpipes ) all were recieved in time every thing was smooth (despite the order taking over 2 months to prepare ) but i was satisfied as the truck was still on the ship on its way to me.

my next order with XMetal was a lowering kit + tie rods + Bumpsteer kit for my 06 QC , after transfering the money , the kit would not ship for two months , by late April it shipped , recieved it to find the bumpsteer and TR not included . I emailed with my problem , he replied that he didnt charge them on me !!! i had transfered the money by bank :mad: and their cost was included in the transfer total , i told him that and that was the last time he responded to my email !! in late April !!

now i am down 240$ and no parts , Gary if you really honest about solving the problems please send me the money or the parts.

pm me for my contact details .

I hope these issues to be solved for the benefit of everyone here .

Good Luck
Sherif :)
hash, the time it took, was becuase it you would forget to do the wire transfer after weeks had passed. if you would like a bumpsteer kit, please have UPS send a call tag next week. we need you to initiate this because customs thru Egypt has gotten tighter than the last time we shipped to you.
you might to check your figures again too, as actually if you figure in the wire transfer fees i have had to pay, i am negative $50. you are a good customer, so i have no problem making you a bumpsteer kit, you just send a call tag and i will get it to you. thanks

fastjack, i am very sorry i dropped the ball on your black door sills after UPS damaged them, you are right, i didnt get you new ones, and to date i still dont have any black ones. can i make you a set of brushed aluminum, and or a fuel door, etc or even a throttle body to make up for me dropping the ball?

you know, i would really like to resolve any and all everything.
i feel like i have been ousted from my core group of freinds here, and i would really like to stay here as a Vendor and someone to communicate R&D data, and tuning info, as if you notice, there isnt a single tuner on this site, and honestly none of the shops like myself, Macedo, etc, have the time to do so, but i really like this family of members and i appreciate what it has to offer from a technical standpoint. if thats a reasonable assumption, cool , if not, thats fine too. be that as it may, i wanted to state my intentions.
thank you

I say stick around bro!!!

I like seeing Pictures of your new products.

How have things been as of late?

BOOMER said:
you know, i would really like to resolve any and all everything.
i feel like i have been ousted from my core group of freinds here, and i would really like to stay here as a Vendor and someone to communicate R&D data, and tuning info, as if you notice, there isnt a single tuner on this site, and honestly none of the shops like myself, Macedo, etc, have the time to do so, but i really like this family of members and i appreciate what it has to offer from a technical standpoint. if thats a reasonable assumption, cool , if not, thats fine too. be that as it may, i wanted to state my intentions.
thank you
We all hope you can stay around too Gary. At least pop in and holler at us once and a while.

Oh, btw...Joe from PBJ Performance is on here occassionally so there is at least one other tuner around. :D :D :D

kingdaddy/randy;
something to keep in perspective about you truck is apples to apples.
your truck does make 100 hp more in places thru out the curve if you study the data of power vs time etc.
it doesnt matter what you truck made stock on a dyno-as long as the baseline run-(stock run) was made on the same dyno that the after the mods runs where made on so you can the PERCENTAGE values of before and after.
another to not get hung up on is the PEAK number, but rather look at the curve-the swell in power thru out the curve-the curve is what gets the vehicle moving, not the PEAK output, but the power that leads to that point.
another thing i should have pointed out to you and showed you while you where here, is the elasped time run. it shows instead of RPM at the base of the graph the time that passed until peak power is reached. if you look at that data, you will see that your truck is more effecient making its power over a second sooner than it did stock. that means in 4 gear changes the power output is coming in sooner so the vehicle is able to be shifted sooner for a faster ET, and the increased power results in a faster trap speed. to many times people get hung up on a peak HP number and not the real picture, a dyno is a tuning tool, not an end all for whats whats.
go to the track and your MPH is the best inidicator of HP. i have never seen anyone race a dyno.
anytime you want to study the data from your runs here i am at your service, and as our customer, we offer dyno tuning to you for free. i know you not local, but the offer is there anytime we have a gtg, or you are on the way to the nats or out for the weekend.
we are at your service

Last edited:
Dominick572 said:
I say stick around bro!!!

I like seeing Pictures of your new products.

How have things been as of late?
LOTS of new stuff, but out of respect for this forum, i can only discuss them with you personally. give me a call anytime at any of my numbers!

ViperTruck2933 said:
We all hope you can stay around too Gary. At least pop in and holler at us once and a while.

Oh, btw...Joe from PBJ Performance is on here occassionally so there is at least one other tuner around. :D :D :D
Joe, does good work, i just referred a customer to him for his Roe to be tuned. he should be there at joes in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back