Brake calipers and brackets

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have been in the process of doing a brake upgrade for the past week and a half and i am finally about to go pick my calipers and brackets up friday from getting hydrodipped. I will still be waiting on my slotted and dimpled rotors, stainless lines, ebc yellowstuff pads and high temp fluid but its coming along pretty good. Here is a peak at the calipers and brackets and of course i will post up a picture of the completed project once its all said and done. uploadfromtaptalk1433890751942.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433890765536.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433890793201.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433891059381.jpg

different & good:rock::rock::rock:

whats the temp ratin of hydro dip????

different & good:rock::rock::rock:

whats the temp ratin of hydro dip????
Its supposed to be right at 400 degree rated and its covered with a European clearcoat that's supposed to make it more durable than paint on a vehicle

You're welcome boss. And ironically I'm meeting up with my hydrographics dude tomorrow. I think I'm going to end up putting his kid through law school eventually...lol
Lol its funny how fast things can add up isnt it? What are you getting hydrodipped?

Awesome

Looks awesome...nice idea with the scale pattern rather than the boa skin pattern and nice contrast with the mounting bracket.

Looks awesome...nice idea with the scale pattern rather than the boa skin pattern and nice contrast with the mounting bracket.
Thanks man. Will see here soon how it all looks once back together

Lol its funny how fast things can add up isnt it? What are you getting hydrodipped?

He just finished up some center caps for my wheels that are done in reaper skulls. And I dropped off some "Viper" letters for my valve covers, and some dress up covers for my intake manifold. He's doing those in silver carbon fiber.

He just finished up some center caps for my wheels that are done in reaper skulls. And I dropped off some "Viper" letters for my valve covers, and some dress up covers for my intake manifold. He's doing those in silver carbon fiber.
That sounds like that is gonna be a pretty sweet setup there. Would love to see some pics when you are done with it.

That sounds like that is gonna be a pretty sweet setup there. Would love to see some pics when you are done with it.

Thanks. The truck is going in for paint this weekend so once it's done n my goodies are mounted I'll take some picts. And keep us posted how your calipers hold up. If you have a winner there I might just steal your idea. :)

Thanks. The truck is going in for paint this weekend so once it's done n my goodies are mounted I'll take some picts. And keep us posted how your calipers hold up. If you have a winner there I might just steal your idea. :)
Just doing some touch up painting or going with a different color? I will for sure post pics up of the completed project on the truck and also updates on how it holds up. Feel free to steal it if you want cause i honestly things its gonna be a sweet visual upgrade. [emoji2]

Just doing some touch up painting or going with a different color? I will for sure post pics up of the completed project on the truck and also updates on how it holds up. Feel free to steal it if you want cause i honestly things its gonna be a sweet visual upgrade. [emoji2]

My truck is a black 04, and the paint has seen better days, so I'm going with a flat black paint job. Same color but a different look. Might have to do with me seeing Mad Max 5 times. :) And you are most definitely giving me some sweet ideas. :)

Looks go did u have to remove all seals and pistons to hydro dip them?
No i didnt have to remove anything since hydrodip doesnt go through any kind of a heat treatment. The only thing that had to be done was to seal the in coming brake fluid hole on the caliper which that was easily solved by sticking a bolt in the hole.

I was able to go pick up my calipers and brackets yesterday and they look absolutely amazing, especially in person. I am still waiting on the slotted and dimpled rotors to show up along with the rear pads. I will be installing the JTSVP stainless brake lines today. Here are a few cool pics i took last night.uploadfromtaptalk1434199275486.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199304822.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199351970.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199400894.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199450551.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199496553.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434199539831.jpg

Btw, i have no idea why it posted some of the pictures twice. [emoji19]

Why have some nice clean brakes to install and not have some nice clean knuckles to hold them on with? That was a shit load of brushing and using sandpaper to get these things cleaned. uploadfromtaptalk1434243506867.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back