Brake calipers and brackets

have the knuckles clearcoated if you want them to stay nice, aluminum oxidizes very quickly

Fronts are complete. Rear pads showing up tomorrow and will install and bleed the whole system with new fluid and this will be a completed project. Turned out looking really nice in person

Before pictureuploadfromtaptalk1434664535562.jpg
After pictureuploadfromtaptalk1434664752681.jpg

Dayum cuz, those brakes look like something you'd see on a gazillion buck exotic! Sweet execution of the job!!! :)
Thanks alot brother! I was extremely pleased with how it turned out looking and I am even more pleased with how well it stops to.

So u had your own machine to bleed the brakes? ?
I guess im confused by your answer. You dont need a machine to bleed the brakes. All you need is one person working the brake pedal while another person works the bleeder screw on the caliper

I had always heard that it took a machine to bleed ABS brakes properly. Never did a ABS system before. Was always told that the pressures generated would cause any air in the system to foam up and spread the bubbles farther.

Glad to know that it's possible .

I had always heard that it took a machine to bleed ABS brakes properly. Never did a ABS system before. Was always told that the pressures generated would cause any air in the system to foam up and spread the bubbles farther.

Glad to know that it's possible .

That is only if air gets into the ABS pump, then you need something to actuate the abs pump to bleed it.

I guess there is no way to actually tell if air got in the abs pump huh?

You would know it if it did. With what you just did, it is highly unlikely air made it to the pump.

You would know it if it did. With what you just did, it is highly unlikely air made it to the pump.
Yea i figuring the same thing so thats why i did the conventional bleeding. Pedal feels great and stops damn good to

First thing I did after getting my truck was brakes. Drilled/slotted rotors, Tony's brake hoses, and EBC yellow pads. Amazing how the truck can stop, but then again it has a huge brake set up right from the factory, and fine tuning it is easy.

I was able to go pick up my calipers and brackets yesterday and they look absolutely amazing, especially in person. I am still waiting on the slotted and dimpled rotors to show up along with the rear pads. I will be installing the JTSVP stainless brake lines today. Here are a few cool pics i took last night.View attachment 56161View attachment 56162View attachment 56163View attachment 56164View attachment 56165View attachment 56166View attachment 56167

After seeing this I had to log on just to say that is FREAKING awesome bro, great idea and execution:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

After seeing this I had to log on just to say that is FREAKING awesome bro, great idea and execution:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
I appreciate it bro. Im just glad it turned out as good in person as it did in my head when i was thinking about it.

Nice to see you Chris, don't be a stranger. :D

So replacing lines didn't allow fluid to run out far enough to cause a problem? ? Reason I ask is that I have to change the line that runs across the rear axle. I asked a local shop and they said I would have to use the machine, so much for their honesty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back