Brake calipers and brackets

So replacing lines didn't allow fluid to run out far enough to cause a problem? ? Reason I ask is that I have to change the line that runs across the rear axle. I asked a local shop and they said I would have to use the machine, so much for their honesty

They may not be dishonest, you can use a brake flush machine for ease of bleeding all 4 wheels at the same time. It isn't required but it does make it easier.

Of course, I should probably change all the fluid in the lines, probably original at 75K miles.

Then I would have to use the machine, right? ?

So replacing lines didn't allow fluid to run out far enough to cause a problem? ? Reason I ask is that I have to change the line that runs across the rear axle. I asked a local shop and they said I would have to use the machine, so much for their honesty
I disconnected every line on the truck when i did mine cause i installed the stainless lines from Tony. It came with a new rear distribution block and all so i did the conventional bleeding at each caliper and went through and did it twice and everything feels great. Pedal feels good and stops good to so i think you will be just fine. Just take your time with the conventional bleeding and make sure there is only fluid and no air bubbles coming out of each caliper and you should be ok

Of course, I should probably change all the fluid in the lines, probably original at 75K miles.

Then I would have to use the machine, right? ?
I changed all my fluid as well with the same method. Everything turned out fine for me. I got 4 bottles of the high temp brake fluid from Tony when i,ordered my lines

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back