"Broke"s near stock SRT Ram beats me

LOLOLOL love the smilies:D

And Blake I think you are the one that plays on the poles!!!:D

I gotta pole you can smoke brother!LOLOLOL Candy ass ! Come on to the nats! I'll let you ride Garys pole!LOOLOLL:D

Hey Blake I owe you a call pluss someone from tusan is call ing also, jsut woke up running REAL late, but after I get loaded I promise bo, Hows the new boss?:D :p :dancing: ;)

fun2xlr8 said:
Sorry to all who may have thought my posts to Jack were meant as anything more than me ribbing him. I should know better that when you are typing on a computer, sometimes your sarcastic demeanor does not translate beyond the words you type. I wrote Jack a private apology explaining myself and I am writing this so all you guys know as well. I am a big goofy jokster who has sort of a dark sense of humor. I'm the guy who would tell Hulk Hogan I would kick his azz if I didn't have dinner plans later. So please take what I said as friendly ribbing. I was making fun of his unsolicited lecture about street racing and poking fun at his age, which I don't even know. I just assumed to have such a badazz Chevelle, he must be older than me? :dontknow: Anyway, I am just that kinda guy, I talk to people I don't know very well like they are a longtime friend and to some people, they can't handle that. They need their space in the beginning and I can respect that. Being too friendly too quick is just one of my personality traits(flaws). Just ask the Seattle area guys I met up with last weekend, I took to them like a fly to sh*t. Woops, there I go again. Compared guys I barely know to sh*t. Damn, for being from Washington State, I never really have been good at this political correctness thing. Oh well, I am hoping it is just a fad that will pass and we can all go back to being pricks to complete strangers again soon. JUST KIDDDDDDDDING!!;) .......see, look, smiley face........I need practice.......:burnout: :D ;) :p ;) ;) :) :) :) ....OK, is that better??

I'll try to post more smiley faces next time when I am being a sarcastic azz. Hey which one of those faces means sarcasm anyway?:D :D

Peace, Love, and Weeble-Wobbles for Everyone,
Greg

Well, well, well Greg. Making friends are we.:dontknow: ;) :p :D

Just so everyone knows, Eric (Ram From Hell), Pete (Dallas), Mikey (hell, you all know who Mikey is) and myself met Greg and his son Drew (that kid was sure transfixed on the Hooters by the way) last Sunday at Hooters. Greg is a real neat guy. He is intense, but that's his style. I kind of liked how he was flipping Mikey crap on some thread before he even met Mikey. Greg probably should have held on for a little longer before flipping some of the crap that he has, but he has tried to fit in as he is.

Jack. I hope you can find it within that heart of yours (you do have one don't you;) :D ) to forgive the kid. I personally think he's a fine addition to the family.

Well, at least now I know what Django's other thread was about.:eek:

fun2xlr8 said:
Sorry to all who may have thought my posts to Jack were meant as anything more than me ribbing him. I should know better that when you are typing on a computer, sometimes your sarcastic demeanor does not translate beyond the words you type. I wrote Jack a private apology explaining myself and I am writing this so all you guys know as well. I am a big goofy jokster who has sort of a dark sense of humor. I'm the guy who would tell Hulk Hogan I would kick his azz if I didn't have dinner plans later. So please take what I said as friendly ribbing. I was making fun of his unsolicited lecture about street racing and poking fun at his age, which I don't even know. I just assumed to have such a badazz Chevelle, he must be older than me? :dontknow: Anyway, I am just that kinda guy, I talk to people I don't know very well like they are a longtime friend and to some people, they can't handle that. They need their space in the beginning and I can respect that. Being too friendly too quick is just one of my personality traits(flaws). Just ask the Seattle area guys I met up with last weekend, I took to them like a fly to sh*t. Woops, there I go again. Compared guys I barely know to sh*t. Damn, for being from Washington State, I never really have been good at this political correctness thing. Oh well, I am hoping it is just a fad that will pass and we can all go back to being pricks to complete strangers again soon. JUST KIDDDDDDDDING!!;) .......see, look, smiley face........I need practice.......:burnout: :D ;) :p ;) ;) :) :) :) ....OK, is that better??

I'll try to post more smiley faces next time when I am being a sarcastic azz. Hey which one of those faces means sarcasm anyway?:D :D

Peace, Love, and Weeble-Wobbles for Everyone,
Greg

Greg,

Thank you for the apology, It is accepted.
I am not that sensitive about my age, (59) beacuse I am a Fat Froggy old Bastag. :D
We just seemed hit it off wrong. The time my Dodge truck has been in the build is a sensitive issue with me, as it has been down for 23 months to this point. The entire process has been a horror story. Parts not made to specs, parts not made at all. Completion dates ignored or disregarded in almost every area.

The Chevelle has only been down 7 months and will take about 2.5 months to complete so it is not that a big deal. The Chevelle has been a really fun build.

I hope we can be friends as you seem to be a bright guy with a very wry sense of humor.

Some very good people met you last weekend and posted you are a good guy. That's enough for me.

Welcome to the Family.......Jack

FSTJACK said:
Greg,

I am not that sensitive about my age, (59) beacuse I am a Fat Froggy old Bastag. :D
We just seemed hit it off wrong. The time my Dodge truck has been in the build is a sensitive issue with me, as it has been down for 23 months to this point. The entire process has been a horror story. Parts not made to specs, parts not made at all. Completion dates ignored or disregarded in almost every area.

The Chevelle has only been down 7 months and will take about 2.5 months to complete so it is not that a big deal. The Chevelle has been a really fun build.

I hope we can be friends as you seem to be a bright guy with a very wry sense of humor.

Some very good people met you last weekend and posted you are a good guy. That's enough for me.

Can I drive the Chevelle.....?:D ......seriously though....

Nowwhat said:
Can I drive the Chevelle.....?:D ......seriously though....

You will need a 4B NHRA license.;)
See Frank Hawleys Drag Race school in Pomona. The course is a blast just to take.
The class is taught by my friend "FASTJACK"*Jack Beckman, he is a NHRA national champion in Super Comp. It was one of the best experiances I have ever had. I went there just to brush up and get my NHRA license. I thought knew something about drag racing when I went there. SURPRISE I didn't know as much as I thought I did.:eek: Great program and great people. :D
After going, there is not doubt about the fun I had and the benefits I recieved.

*FASTJACK Beckman had the name first and I kinda borrowed a deviation it from him. Thats why I spell mine FSTJACK, and I have the CA plates FSTJACK.

he beat you because your truck is running SLOW! especially at high altitudes, the blower gives you a huge advantage. if the blower is making 6 psi then the altitude isn't really a factor. on a n/a engine it is a factor since it needs that atmospheric pressure to force the air in with no help from the big fan. turbos are even better at high altitude since the wastegate will hold the boost at it's preset level at any altitude.

so in other words, there is something very wrong with your truck. in palmdale when I raced nowwhat, it wasn't even close. we both got a 2.0 60', and I ran 13.5@102 and he ran like a 12.5@???.

good luck!
~Mike~

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I was reaching 5500 rpm right at the 1/4 mile mark in 3rd gear. Boost gauge was showing nearly 6psi. The dyno sheet from a month or so ago didnt reach 7 til 6K rpm...so it would seem everything in that regard is fine. However, it still doesnt explain how a near stock truck stayed with or beat me under the most ideal of conditions. If we both didnt run eachother I may have never thought there is/was a problem.

FSTJACK said:
Greg,

Glad things are cool Jack. I am here to make friends, not enemies.:D I know that I have a very dry sense of humor sometimes, and when I think someone else has the same characteristic(Mikey), I tend to flip them more crap than the average because I know they get it. That is what I thought was going on between us. I didn't realize til later that you were being serious and I hit on some touchy subjects for you. Wasn't trying to do that, like I said, just some friendly ribbing. But I stand behind what I said before about accepting your challenge to race you. I ain't afraid of losing to anyone, and losing to a guy with a nasssssssty Chevelle would just tickle me pink!! Would be really cool to see that car up close and personal. Heck, I got beat by a girl in an SRT-4 last week at the drags!:dontknow: Losing doesn't bother me and from the backing and support you get from the guys around here, seems like it would pretty much be an honor to go out and race ya. Lemme know any time you can get up here and I'll do the same if I ever head to Cali. And like I said before, I'll try to keep my comments to a more professional level with you. You are extremely well respected around here (and I imagine everywhere you go). I would never try to undermine that or cause any problems for you. Peace.

Greg

I was wondering if anyone might want to get back to the subject of this thread?:dontknow: :D :D I am about to put my Paxton on (that I so thanKfully got from VPRPWR ) and i would really like some insight on why a n/a truck beat a blown one. As I posted before, could a major slipping of the clutch under boost cause the power not to be tranfered to the ground?:dontknow: :) :)

silversrt said:
I dont know if i am barking up the wrong tree, but is it possible the clutch could be responsible? Perhaps all the power isnt getting to the ground?:dontknow: I am not the most knowledgable, but I figure its worth a thought.:)

silversrt said:
I was wondering if anyone might want to get back to the subject of this thread?:dontknow: :D :D I am about to put my Paxton on (that I so thanKfully got from VPRPWR ) and i would really like some insight on why a n/a truck beat a blown one. As I posted before, could a major slipping of the clutch under boost cause the power not to be tranfered to the ground?:dontknow: :) :)

But if your clutch was slipping that bad, you would have problems turning the tires over.

I've sent a copy of the vid and my timeslip with broke to Woodhouse hoping they can give me some pointers and ideas of why the truck performed like it did. This is in a friendly context as curiousity and since they've raced various vehicles and have race histories I hope to gain some pointers that could improve the times.

What amazes me is how focused this discussion is......

After the previous 'virtual shit storm'..........Wow....!

You guys ................I'm damn impressed.............wish I had more to contribute.

SD

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back