Build page stroked 545 w/paxton

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First want to say Tony, Bobby, and Steve thank you very much for all the help and for answering all of the questions that a newbie would have, even if he shouldn't so with these three gentlemens expertise and advice I am gonna hopefully be pushing 700 whp. With that said here is the build up to now though more is gonna be coming soon

1. Paxton novi 2000 with intercooler and air induction

2. Magnaflow cat back exhaust system

3. Belanger long tube tri-y coated headers and mid pipes

4. Pin fit pistons and rods to size

5. Tear down and inspect cylinder heads

6. Power hone bores to correct surface finish

7. Balance rotating group to aircraft tolerances

8. Glass bead ports and chambers

9. Cylinder head porting stage 3

10. Cut for oversized valves

11. Valve job, multi angle seats and grind valves, equalize valve heights

12. Cut spring pads for 1.437 springs

13. Clean and assemble heads, sct springs etc.

14. Custom forged pistons to specs

15. Wrist pin for application

16. Billet parabolic I-beam pro series connecting rods

17. Custom grind hydraulic roller cam

18. Anti-pump up roller lifters

19. Adjustable timing set

20. High tensile head studs

21. Plasma sprayed moly ring set

22. Premium bi-metal factory performance main bearings

23. Premium bi-metal rod bearings

24. Mopar performance gasket set

25. Coated ml8 head gaskets

26. Shaft mount roller rocker assembly

27. Stainless swirl polished 2.020 intake valve

28. Stainless swirl polished 1.600 exhaust valve

29. Endurance roller spring 1437d

30. Titanium retainers

31. Machined valve locks

32. Valve seals, positive seals

33. Intake gaskets

34. Clean mag, and check for straight

35. Offset, grind, and index crankshaft to 4.000 stroke

36. Ion-nitrate heat treat crankshaft

37. 1/2 inch fuel line

38. Ngk plugs

So when I talked to the shop they told me it was a 545 stroker motor and that the guy who had it built had everything done to it that they offered. Next up supercharger upgrades and like I said thank you Tony, Bobby, and Steve.

Any driveline work done besides the motor as in tranny rearend? A stock tranny wont last long with that beastly setup ;)

I know the tranny has a shift kit and then like 8 hours in custom tuning it for current setup, but I am not hard on it off the line so I figure it will be fine for awhile. At some point I am gonna hit Tony up to see what I should do but I figure one thing at a time for now.

The Paxton wasn't capable of supplying enough air to produce any boost on the builds that had head, intake, and cam work done to them.

Do a search under FSTJACK or Ramfromhell, they both went through this with the Paxton and both then ended up with the Procharger.

I got the full build sheet, he is already way above what they were able to achieve, he will most likly make his mark, sometimes doing things normal instead of big helps more than most think;)

I talked to Tony and Bobby and Steve and they all said it would be fine to 700 and that all I need to do is upgrade the pulleys and fuel system and intercooler

Good luck!

It has been done twice before on large builds and the Paxton doesn't work. Both builds we're huge high dollar deals, both tried pulley combinations and both failed. Smaller pulleys = belt slippage. Just ask Eric what it did to his beautifully polished engine components, everything is now powder coated black.

The only way this motor will build boost is if you don't touch the heads and if you plan a camshaft specifically for it to work.

I hope Tony can make this work, just as he has claims that Mike's truck will have some big numbers with a Roe.

I still don't understand why you guys wanting big numbers are messing around with the Paxton and Roe. The Procharger will produce your 700hp wish with ease, and no b.s. with belts and crappy fuel system upgrades.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back