Built Engine In Which Truck

What would you do?

• Keep the built engine for your personal truck?

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Put the built engine in the truck you plan to sell?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy is a moron either way?

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy recently picked up a truck that needs some work, including a new engine. He is having a forged engine built. He plans to install the built engine in the truck he is going to sell. Dan and I feel he's a moron (WADR) and that the built engine should go in his truck, and that the stock engine in his truck should go in the truck he plans to sell. What say ye peeps?

If you plan on keeping your black truck Andy then I say swap!! That much time/money just to sell a better motor in the silver truck would be counterproductive!

Aside from the obvious answer.....:D

It just reenforces the general opinion of why the silver trucks are the fastest, thanks Andy :burnout: :burnout:

Surprised Andy is even putting a motor in it, with the current market, parting it out would have a higher net gain

But what If he wants to keep a numbers matching truck....:dontknow:

This right here is a huge reason why. Did I mention the transmission was replaced in the truck I currently own? Did I also mention that I have the original transmission in my possession? Everything I have done to my truck is reversible. A numbers matching, low mileage, all stock Ram SRT-10 will be worth something one day.

If you plan on keeping your black truck Andy then I say swap!! That much time/money just to sell a better motor in the silver truck would be counterproductive!

the point of buying the silver truck was to save the truck from being parted out, have fun doing it and turn a profit. Swapping the engine with my truck would defeat the purpose of trying to turn a profit.

I can't pick two options!

C is the only real option.

This right here is a huge reason why. Did I mention the transmission was replaced in the truck I currently own? Did I also mention that I have the original transmission in my possession? Everything I have done to my truck is reversible. A numbers matching, low mileage, all stock Ram SRT-10 will be worth something one day.
Cars are always a poor investment. You bought the truck to enjoy it - so enjoy it.

the point of buying the silver truck was to save the truck from being parted out, have fun doing it and turn a profit. Swapping the engine with my truck would defeat the purpose of trying to turn a profit.
False. You are paying to build an engine either way. Should you choose to put that engine in your truck, you'll be in the entire project for an extra couple hundred bucks for fluids and gaskets. [/QUOTE]

C is the only real option.
Actually, this is the only time I can ever remember you doing something stupid. Very out of character for you.

The sad part, Andy will do all this work. Some idiot will buy it for his teenager.

The sad part, Andy will do all this work. Some idiot will buy it for his teenager.

Then I can buy it back and put the built motor in my truck, then this whole thread will be for nothing. :D

It has 100k miles on it most people wouldn't even think to ask or check if it was numbers matching:rofl:

UNLESS your going to try and get a premium for it then it might need to be:D

"the point of buying the silver truck was to save the truck from being parted out, have fun doing it and turn a profit. Swapping the engine with my truck would defeat the purpose of trying to turn a profit."

Unless you were given the truck, I cannot see you turning a profit on it. Having something to do, yeah. Keeping busy with it, yeah. Saving it from the scavengers, yeah. But coming out on top money wise? Buy it, trailer it back, buy the block on LI and go get it, engine internals, machine shop, etc, etc. Plus your time is worth something... Given the truck you may get close to breaking even.

There are a lot of variations when you say Forged engine. If the cylinders need bored then absolutely swing for the forged pistons (probably the only oversized ones you can get) but I wouldn't go any further than that if you don't plan on keeping the truck or don't have plans to add a power adder.

I didn't vote. He wasted money for forged parts that weren't needed for a flip. Would be nice to have one to beat on and one to baby though

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back