Busted a modded Lightning yesterday

DAYTONA81 said:
i was going to spray of course...you have F/I so when i hit my button ill have F/I. with my old set up i ran a 7.4@93mph on a 100 shot and now my new set up is totally different

new set up N/A i ran a 8.004@85 mph. I now have gears and U/D pulley waiting to go in which should put me at a 7.8 in the 1/8 N/A if not better cause i have 4.10 but thinking of 4.56 and maybe a 125 shot

old set up- cam, LT headers, 2800 stall, 4.10, sct tune, 100 shot on 28" DR

video of old set up on a 100 shot and running 11.87@111 back in 12/2008
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=47873245

Looks like you are close. It would be great race. I'm still running 3:73 and no juice....but...i could step it up a bit and change out lower to 6# and throw on a race tune if i need to. :itsme:

Here's my truck.

DSC00009_2_.jpg

Last edited:
lol yeah talk is cheap and you dont tell him your sprayin, tell him its a automatic air fragrence dispenser

if you are using the stock heaton i wouldn't throw alot of boost at it. most i would run is 15 out of a heaton

Fepony said:
Looks like you are close. It would be great race. I'm still running 3:73 and no juice....but...i could step it up a bit and change out lower to 6# and throw on a race tune if i need to. :itsme:

nice truck i always loved a harley but couldn't see spending 30K on a used truck back in 2005

that fine with me im always done for a good race but i doubt ill go to florida nad i doubt you'll come to houston, but if you do come to houston i can also just change the nitrous jet to a 150 and get a more agressive tune also and maybe run a low low low low 7.

either way bro if i lose im cool with that i always like racing fast truck cause to me its the best races. Hemi are slow anyways so you'll probably win:D

im around alot of lightning guys and they say that 3.73 and 30" tires are the best set up. i even met JDM at his house in houston and he said the same. so i dont see why you wouldn't keep the 3.73 since your making good TQ

it's all in fun my friend...as long as you don't touch my Corona. Life's too short for cheap beer.

DAYTONA81 said:
im around alot of lightning guys and they say that 3.73 and 30" tires are the best set up. i even met JDM at his house in houston and he said the same. so i dont see why you wouldn't keep the 3.73 since your making good TQ

I am...i just got a Detroit Locker. With 28" tires the gears are more like 4:10's

Fepony said:
I am...i just got a Detroit Locker. With 28" tires the gears are more like 4:10's

IF YOU EVER COME IM SURE WE CAN SET UP A BADASS MEET WITH ALL THE LIGHTNING, SRT10 GUYS AND JUST HOUSTON TRUCK GUYS. ILL BY THE FIRST ROUND. I RATHER DRINK xx BEER. I WANT TO GO WITH 4.56 BUT I DONT WANT TO HIT 4TH GEAR SPRAYING AT THE 1/4 SO I MIGHT JUST INSTALL THE 4.10 ONCE I GET MY DETROIT LOCKER BUT DAMN CAN THEY BE MORE EXPENSIVE.....600 DOLLARS:confused:

Fepony said:
Hey buddy...i'm gonna try my best to make it to Breakaway on Sat. if i can. My grandsons are graduating HS on Fri and Sat. nights. I might be able to sneak away and get in a few kills before i have to go. :aetsch:
We'll actually be at Holt on Friday. :)

SANTEEN said:
We'll actually be at Holt on Friday. :)

I have to be in Tallahassee at 6PM our time on both Fri and Sat nights. Maybe we can play on Sat at Breakaway at noon/1 when they open?

Hey Prof, is your truck black? I think I parked next to you at autowerks last year for a car show. Sick truck if it was. Ive seen a couple fast looking srts in my area but they are always going in the opposite direction.

Booston2471 said:
Hey Prof, is your truck black? I think I parked next to you at autowerks last year for a car show. Sick truck if it was. Ive seen a couple fast looking srts in my area but they are always going in the opposite direction.

Yes sir! Bring it to the Supercars Show in June and we will park next to each other again!

IMG_0004-3-1.jpg

Fepony said:
I have to be in Tallahassee at 6PM our time on both Fri and Sat nights. Maybe we can play on Sat at Breakaway at noon/1 when they open?
We usually do track day early. We rent the track for ourselves. I think last year we were done by 3:00

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back