Cam ?

Silver05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine is in process of being rebuilt , does anyone have a cam for sale ? Not a stock one either

Cams can be reground to any duration you like mate.. Stockers will work as a basis, just make sure you harden the modified correctly..

thewelshm

The engine is in process of being rebuilt , does anyone have a cam for sale ? Not a stock one either

I almost coulda helped you till I read the last sentence :(

Good luck with your rebuild, you deserve a break!!!

Block is at the machine shop, I think the crank is gonna be salvaged, it had a forged crank in there from what they said , is that stock ? It spun 3 bearings

I have the Roe 710R that I got from Ironaffliction that needs regrounding but no local shop near me could do it because of the damage to it from the roller rockers. Pretty much a cool looking paper weight now but if you wanna give it a shot, just pay the shipping an it’s yours. Maybe you’ll have better luck with it.

Block is at the machine shop, I think the crank is gonna be salvaged, it had a forged crank in there from what they said , is that stock ? It spun 3 bearings

Engines do not "spin" bearings. Only if they are improperly installed and the keeper tab is in the wrong position. Most likely, you had an interruption in oil FLOW. You need to do some forensics and address the cause to prevent it from re-occurring in your new engine.

Good Luck on your build.

Cheers

Which would be the oil pump, screen or plunger ?

Guys I’m still looking for a cam or a recommendation on what to run , parts are starting to come together, and the builder wants to cam it up , any suggestions?

Aughhh..
To "do it right" call for advice: JMB Performance and Powdercoat (Justin) would be a great place to start.
Some guys want "the sound", others want high peak horsepower numbers, others want to retain torque. Still others want Torque, Horsepower AND decent gas mileage (me) :)
There isn't one miracle cam that's the best for everything.

Thank you ! Leaning towards the 710r or the jmb Na63-62

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back