Car Insurance

chargerman426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called up GEICO to get a quote on a viper car. They had told me when i was looking at the truck they didn't insure the cars. They told me today that it would be another 550 every 6 month for an 06 coup (got a VIN of ebay). While I was on the phone with them I asked about a Aston Martin DB9 (if I'm dreaming might as well dream big :D ) it would be 1000 every 6 months. I know the Aston was more from the factory but not that much more???

When I traded my 05 4x4 RC Hemi, for my 05 RC Srt10, my insurance dropped 11 dollars a month with same company, Identical coverage.

Explain that!?

My Corvette, Ram SRT10, Challenger SRT8, and the Viper have all been through Nationwide.
I would need to see what I am paying, but I know it is $30 less a month than the Challenger was.

Four wheel drive! They charge more for that unless you are up north where ya need it. Same way here in GA.

My Ram SRT-10 is cheaper than my 04 Nissan Titan 4x4. I have USAA, and if it a seasonal vechile then you can garage it during the winter and pay even less.

I pay $1200 every 6 months for my 03 Honda Odyssey and SRT-10. My SRT-10 replaced my 05' Accord and my insurance jumped $60 a month with USAA.

I've had them for 8 years and in getting quotes elsewhere, I could be saving up to $60 a month by going to a different company.

I had Progressive Insurance up until I had my wreck in my 10, wasn't my fault, cost my insurance company absolutly nothing and they jacked my rates by 35%. A friend told me to check out Triple A, so we gave it a shot.

Now with a special rider for my wife's custom PT Cruiser (will restore it to show car condition including custom parts and paint) and my 10, my insurance costs me about $1300.00 a year. With all the extra crap AAA also provides, trip planning, reservations and all the goodies I don't think there is an insurance company that can even come close to competing

Geico gave me a pretty good quote so I jumped on $60 a month with.$250 deductible.....then again I have a hemi ram.

I have State Farm Insurance full coverage with $500 deductible, $210.24 every six months but with 7500 mile limit per year. :burnout:

There are a million ways to slash insurance rates. You can get all kinds of discounts- for safety features on your car, for a clean driving record or even (like the AARP gives) discounts for buying home and auto insurance together. AARP home and auto insurance rates actually help you save more on both policies—by just combining them. So if you are dreaming big, don’t let insurance stop you.

I have State Farm Insurance full coverage with $500 deductible, $210.24 every six months but with 7500 mile limit per year. :burnout:

State Farm is the way to go. One of the ONLY insurance co. that do not have to pay shareholders. They also have thier own bank. I'm at $240.00 every 6 mo. w/ 500 deductable and a 7,500 mi. per year limit here in Phoenix. :rock:

Psycho1122 said:
State Farm is the way to go. One of the ONLY insurance co. that do not have to pay shareholders. They also have thier own bank. I'm at $240.00 every 6 mo. w/ 500 deductable and a 7,500 mi. per year limit here in Phoenix. :rock:

I'm paying double that what's your liability limits?

Psycho1122 said:
100/300/100

Your area may be a contributor and do you run the 7,500 mi limit annualy?

I will check the miles you have same liability as me though hummmm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back