Car shopping (which car)

yeah... kbb nada doesn't have em listed... edmunds shows it being valued ~ 19K.... msrp was 25... I owe 29 on it (yes that's with the 5K I put down)... don't get me started on that...

even if I wanted to buy another car and suck in this one into the loan... I don't think a bank will finance that...

maybe I can convince the credit union to approve her for financing ... then drop my name off the title....:dontknow: ....

I think a 3 finger pimp slap is in order
Next on the list would be a second job for her to pay thta thing off in half the time

I'd try the short sell and eat the balance... cheaper in the long run

Then explain to her (and your wife), since I had to eat it on this, don't ask for anything EVER again!!!

tidnab said:
yeah... kbb nada doesn't have em listed... edmunds shows it being valued ~ 19K.... msrp was 25... I owe 29 on it (yes that's with the 5K I put down)... don't get me started on that...

even if I wanted to buy another car and suck in this one into the loan... I don't think a bank will finance that...

maybe I can convince the credit union to approve her for financing ... then drop my name off the title....:dontknow: ....

I dont know what to say Ryan........:( .........she should be paying her ass off to you or a bank, somehow someway IMO.

patrick

For the record I have a poops.. Yeah my dad was shitty when it came to helping me through my growing pains. My first car was at age 18 and I had to work for it myself. That made me appreciate it more. Now I have a step daughter that works, purchased and paid off her own car, plays sports and is about to graduate highschool. Though I PROBABLY would have helped her the same way (depending on the relationship) it would have not helped build her knack for taking care of business herself. Certainly I wouldn't allow her a second chance to screw me like that if she took advantage of the opportunity.

Ryan you are one of those parents these kids wish they had, but they tend to think of themselves these days more than anything. You already have a lot on your plate mister. Your stepdaughter is young and has plenty time to work and pay what she owes. Not only would this be a lesson learned, but credit EARNED as well; meanwhile, being a chance to gain respect for the world of financing and responsibility. You will be doing her an injustice by getting her out of a hole on your dollar. Trust me, you may be deemed the jerk now but she'll come to realize it was for her own good when she's more matured. But I can understand what you were trying to do. You're a dad, simple as that.:dontknow: Now get online and play some CoD4. HAHAHA

Last edited:
thanks everyone :D ... I decided to keep the car... maybe roll it into a used Evo as my beater car... probably sell my NR next.... I don't drive it anyway:eek: ... it's a nice truck tho

venom.... I'll be lookin for u online.... :D

thanks again everyone.... at first I wasn't sure whether to try n help her again or not :(

I bought my daughter a BMW Z3 convertible with a blown head gasket for her first car. I told her the car is hers free and clear but she would have to save up for the parts to fix the engine and I would rebuild it for her. She couldn't be bothered with saving up for the engine and decided to sell the car and buy a photo camera.:damnmate: :damnmate:

Sometimes are kids are just not ready for our help and just want to be handed their items on a silver platter like we owed them. She currently takes the bus to and from work.

Suggestion only as I don't know your family dynamics:
You probably can't refi that balance as you are WAY upside down.
Let her take the car back and make payments to you.
She will be responsible for the auto insurance.
You carry a personal liability policy for $1mil. with your insurance company to cover you if she is liable in a lawsuit. I pay about $200/ year for my policy.

tidnab said:
venom.... I'll be lookin for u online.... :D

:dontknow: You won't see me playing online until after May 10th buddy. I'm all the way up in Scandinavia:viking: (Norway) for a month.

Venom Power said:
:dontknow: You won't see me playing online until after May 10th buddy. I'm all the way up in Scandinavia:viking: (Norway) for a month.

well ya better bring home a few ladies to take care of the house for ya .. and well all the benifits that come with it :)...

My old man would bury his foot knoee deep in my ass if I ever pulled this. Not that I would get a new car anyway.

How old is oyur Daughter? and does she live with you?

If she is older than 20 I would say she brought this on herself if she bought it herself. then let her bail hersef out. But if you helped her with the original purchase than you aided in letting the situation come to this. If she is out on her own then she needs to handle it.

just my .02

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
well ya better bring home a few ladies to take care of the house for ya .. and well all the benifits that come with it :)...

Did I mention the ladies here are hott? They LOVE American men.

BurntRubber said:
My old man would bury his foot knoee deep in my ass if I ever pulled this. Not that I would get a new car anyway.

How old is oyur Daughter? and does she live with you?

If she is older than 20 I would say she brought this on herself if she bought it herself. then let her bail hersef out. But if you helped her with the original purchase than you aided in letting the situation come to this. If she is out on her own then she needs to handle it.

just my .02

she's 18 <again STEPdaughter>:dontknow:
she doesn't live at home <as of 2 months ago>

it's ok... the wife is on her way out too... so she's 1/2 responsible for the mini now anyway :D

and don't worry she can't take the tank.... not even half:p <it's a long story>

Venom Power said:

get a few numbers for me... I'll be looking for a new girl in aboot 6 months :eek:

Venom Power said:

well get the cam out take us some pics.. and shit .. ill put a order in for 2 tall blonds lol... do they have UPS or fedex over there..just cram em in a box with some food.. they will be ok ... LOL

You blew it dude. You spoiled her and now you have to pay. I pray I have the strength to avoid this kind of stuff when my kids get older.

If she is on her way out also. Put them both in the mini and roll it off a cliff and get rid of all your problems.

tidnab said:
she's 18 <again STEPdaughter>:dontknow:
she doesn't live at home <as of 2 months ago>

it's ok... the wife is on her way out too... so she's 1/2 responsible for the mini now anyway :D

and don't worry she can't take the tank.... not even half:p <it's a long story>

the "wife" being on her way out is cuz of the mini?????????

dam i feel for u brother!

i don't see why her Father can not help her out?? where is he in the picture? get his ass to help her out and the Mom now:D

i would not help anymore at all if mom and her are out of the house! my .02 cents :bebored: :bebored: :bebored: :bebored:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back