Car Wash

SrtBradsBoss

Reaction score
So we went to the car was to get the bugs and Racing #'s off the truck this afternoon and what do you think what happens? The car wash brakes down with us in there, they had to back our truck out of the car wash and they messed up our wheel some then they pull us into a place to wash it and then they pulled the truck out of that spot and went to get around everyone that was there and messed up our truck with the vaccum hose and air hose fittings. They scratched the truck where the window and body comes together,on top of the passenger side door and window molding is bent. It took us close to 2 hours to deal with this. The car wash didn't want to give us their inssurrance info till we called the cops. After the cops where called they started trouble with me while I was outside waiting for the cops to show and hubby and son where in the office with the manager. Needles to say our truck looks worse then before we took it in for a wash. We will take some pictures and put them up.

wow sorry to hear that. I am a manager at a full service car wash here in my towne, and can tell you that you were definately treated unproffessionally. Of course we do have incidents that damage vehicles whether it be our equipment or the vaccums but we make sure that every customer is taken care of. We are a business and thats what we have insurance for. Hope everything turns out well for you.

05RamSRTkid said:
wow sorry to hear that. I am a manager at a full service car wash here in my towne, and can tell you that you were definately treated unproffessionally. Of course we do have incidents that damage vehicles whether it be our equipment or the vaccums but we make sure that every customer is taken care of. We are a business and thats what we have insurance for. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Well the guy that drove the truck when he did it is like oh man then he backs it up and does it again. I told the guy to get the F out of my truck and he looked like a deer caught in head lights. Then I told the car wash give me my money back. lol They are messed up we will get what we can gewt and they will have to pay for the damage and a car rental lol

I also talked to the cashier and she had told me they have had about 500 or 600 cars that have been damage and they have taken it to their body shop

SrtBradsBoss said:
Well the truck will go in tomorrow to the Dealership we will let you all know what happens. Boy I am mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

That majorly sucks....(as in the big one)......sorry.....:mad:

But isn't taking it to the dealership like jumping from the frying pan into the fire....:dontknow:

I do hope you prevail in whatever happens......

Take care and (maybe even) find a detail guy who comes to yer house...... It is safer and often cheaper in the long run.:eek:

D

Sucks. Sorry to hear it.

But that's why I wash 'em myself. In the coldest time of Winter I may go to the Self-Service wash bays, but NEVER and automated drive-through car wash!!!:eek:

yeah closest i go to an automatic car wash is the laser washes occasionally but rarly but there nothing ever touches the truck

I am the kind of person who will take 5 hours to wash inside and out the truck I can't stand people washing the truck. My biggest fear came true today with the car wash

SrtBradsBoss said:
I am the kind of person who will take 5 hours to wash inside and out the truck I can't stand people washing the truck. My biggest fear came true today with the car wash

Mass production techniques and below scale employees who don't speak english..............

WORKING ON THE FINISH OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL SRT-10 TRUCK............?

What part of that makes even the teeniest bit of sense.........:dontknow:

Hire a pro..........:nurse:

D

Django said:
Mass production techniques and below scale employees who don't speak english..............

D

I agree if I am not allowed to wash my own trucks we need to get a pro over to the building and take care of both of them.

When they couldn't figure out how to start the truck after instructing them how to do it should have been my first clue. Ok so they go to step 2 to soak down the truck and can't figure out how to drive the truck on the conveyer system (More curb rash). Now I'm getting pissed. I had wheel rash before so I didn't get too pissed but still.......... Now the conveyer breaks down probably because of the wheel getting stuck in the conveyer. What they do next is even more comical. They proceed to back up the truck and drive off the conveyer and further damage the wheel.:mad: Then they get the truck to the wash area where they wash the truck by hand until the conveyer is repaired. They hose down the truck with water and don't wash it. An employee get in and drives it through the vacuum area with the metal bars that catch the top of the truck and results in a concave dent/scratch. This is further compounded by him backing up and causing even more damage.:mad: :mad: They finally pull the truck forward to a safe place when the manager comes up and says "THIS CAN BE BUFFED OUT". I wanted to put him in the Twilight Zone. I told him the truck would be going to the dealership to get a professional estimate and not his body shop. He was rude and started yelling that he was not going to get me any info that I wanted including the employee that screwed up and his insurance company.

I called my insurance company to see what I have to do in this situation. My insurance company tells me I need all his info including the Car Wash insurance policy number. The car wash owner refuses to give me any info and says he will pay for it and not to worry. I wasn't born yesterday (maybe the day before) and told him either he discloses his insurance policy to me or we can have the police do it for him. He decides to give me the insurance policy number and asked me not to go through insurance.

Talk about adding insult to injury. Where do some people get their manners from. Accidents happen and should be taken care of in a respectfull way to the injured party. This car wash is a comedy of errors followed by a third world mentality of management.

I will post up pics later and advertise this car wash as a "Stay Away From" service for our trucks. Maybe this "Stay Away From" subject would be a good thread to start.

I totally agree. I have guatemalans where I work and i want to say 95% of the time they do what is expectred and we rarely have problems. I send my truck through only as due to medical problems I cannot wash it myself and I cant afford to have someone do it once a month. and of course any rare or expensive vehicle such as our trucks we do a comlplete hand wash if they want it. But I do agree with the majority here. Its better to do it yourself

SrtBradsBoss said:
So we went to the car was to get the bugs and Racing #'s off the truck this afternoon and what do you think what happens? The car wash brakes down with us in there, they had to back our truck out of the car wash and they messed up our wheel some then they pull us into a place to wash it and then they pulled the truck out of that spot and went to get around everyone that was there and messed up our truck with the vaccum hose and air hose fittings. They scratched the truck where the window and body comes together,on top of the passenger side door and window molding is bent. It took us close to 2 hours to deal with this. The car wash didn't want to give us their inssurrance info till we called the cops. After the cops where called they started trouble with me while I was outside waiting for the cops to show and hubby and son where in the office with the manager. Needles to say our truck looks worse then before we took it in for a wash. We will take some pictures and put them up.

So sorry Brad Brother:( They tried To put my truck in their one time, and I told them No way buddy this truck Only Hand wash!

Django said:

D

I used to bring my truck to the AUTO SPA in Naples ALL the time when I lived there,NEVER had 1 problem at all !!!And there were times I took it there 2 or 3 times in a week !! I bought a Car Wash pkg for $500 for a years worth of washes,and NEVER regretted it !!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Yep, NEVER go to the "Car Wash".... I did last week in Jacksonville, FL (because I was away from home and the truck was a mess... :rolleyes:) Sure enough, I get home and there is a BIG scratch on the pass. rear door. :mad: ..... First and last time I'll ever do that. :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back