Ceramic Coated pistons and FI problems.

Nothing cheap about mods for this engine! You are just beginning to get the message...but the thrills per dollar are huge.

Good bearings were mentioned above...go with the Gen 4 bearings...they have been redesigned to aid oiling and can be further modified for even more oil flow.

MG42pillbox said:
Why Don’t I just putt another Viper engine in the bed, get some kind of transfer-case system to combine the power and call it a day.…. I think it would be cheaper :slug:
not really 15grand for a complete motor:marchmellow: Pistons arent bad 1200 for rings and wrist pins. Hey believe me I was pissed too when I joined this site but then again stock for some is perfect. For us ones who arent alright in the noggin the cost is just a way of life. One thing that will kill the pocket book real quick is tryin to keep up with the jones:D

DevilDawg3097 said:
not really 15grand for a complete motor:marchmellow: Pistons arent bad 1200 for rings and wrist pins. Hey believe me I was pissed too when I joined this site but then again stock for some is perfect. For us ones who arent alright in the noggin the cost is just a way of life. One thing that will kill the pocket book real quick is tryin to keep up with the jones:D

The 22s really slow these things down big time. There is nothing like this truck. Has any Viper Truck been ran with 20â€￾s. I know most will not do such a thing, because its looks before everything, but I bet it would be a substantial performance modification. (Minus handling)

My slicks are 16's.

Had to go to Wilwood calipers and rotors to get them to fit inside the wheels.

Prof said:
My slicks are 16's.

Had to go to Wilwood calipers and rotors to get them to fit inside the wheels.

I mean if you go 20s all the way around its gonna free up dead weight, rotational mass, and contact patch power loss. I think it would be more noticeable than any bolt on besides PCM.

MG42pillbox said:
The 22s really slow these things down big time. There is nothing like this truck. Has any Viper Truck been ran with 20â€￾s. I know most will not do such a thing, because its looks before everything, but I bet it would be a substantial performance modification. (Minus handling)
I agree 100% . You shouldn't loose any perfromance in handling if you go with the right tire and sizes. As for me I am debating 20's all around Or 18's in the rear and 19's on the front.

DevilDawg3097 said:
I agree 100% . You shouldn't loose any perfromance in handling if you go with the right tire and sizes. As for me I am debating 20's all around Or 18's in the rear and 19's on the front.

Love to see that. I bet it loses huge time in the 1/4

Last edited:
MG42pillbox said:
Love to see that. I bet it loses huge time in the 1/4
People forget each tire weighs between 80 and 95lbs with these rims cut that in half by 4 alot of wasted weight right there then once you carve off excess weight you can rearrange the weight over the ass end to get more traction and better launches.

DevilDawg3097 said:
People forget each tire weighs between 80 and 95lbs with these rims cut that in half by 4 alot of wasted weight right there then once you carve off excess weight you can rearrange the weight over the ass end to get more traction and better launches.

Yes yes I think I would use 09 Half ton 20s

if you go twenties your more than likely gonna up the gear ratio.

so either a gear change or be ahppy with a taller gear.

the twenty series dont offfer too many 32 inch tall tires.

Plus it jus tdont look right, but if ya going after performance, eh, go for it.

but its not gonna change your 1/4 mile et the same amount its gonna cost you in tires and rims, maybe , maybe a tenth.

DevilDawg3097 said:
305/50r20 prada spec x $146:bootyshake: :lollypop: :wavey:
who the heck you waving at:thefinger: :reddy: :D

so now you've spent $600 on tires and what another $7-1000 on rims, so for over a thousand dollars you just took a tenth off your times, when you can pop 100 shot of juice for $500 and cut 5 tenths off.:p

booger head:p :D

Stinker said:
who the heck you waving at:thefinger: :reddy: :D

so now you've spent $600 on tires and what another $7-1000 on rims, so for over a thousand dollars you just took a tenth off your times, when you can pop 100 shot of juice for $500 and cut 5 tenths off.:p

booger head:p :D
Got to buy tires anyway and the rim money is coming from my union vacation fund:marchmellow: Plus I have a 150 shot and a Roe bonner you are getting old I got you to look into the zex:p now it is time to cut weight I am staying at the HP I am at now. Now gonna get er down to about 4ooolbs.So NA:stupido2: :trytofly: :canabis: :thefinger: What size slick you runnig on the back?

DevilDawg3097 said:
Got to buy tires anyway and the rim money is coming from my union vacation fund:marchmellow: Plus I have a 150 shot and a Roe bonner you are getting old I got you to look into the zex:p now it is time to cut weight I am staying at the HP I am at now. Now gonna get er down to about 4ooolbs.So NA:stupido2: :trytofly: :canabis: :thefinger: What size slick you runnig on the back?
10x15x33 hoosier:D

You can take me now:D the ol girl is getting a heart transplant:p

but I am going to buid a buds truck soon........uh.......and Jack and Dom may have a little competition:rock:

4000? good luck dude:D

mine dont have wheels, tranny engine an it probably still wieghs 4000:marchmellow:

Stinker said:
10x15x33 hoosier:D

You can take me now:D the ol girl is getting a heart transplant:p

but I am going to buid a buds truck soon........uh.......and Jack and Dom may have a little competition:rock:

4000? good luck dude:D

mine dont have wheels, tranny engine an it probably still wieghs 4000:marchmellow:
Nice size tire:burnout:
Secret Squirrel is on the loose I may not be at 4000 exact but hopfully I will be damn close. Your to far to take I have Prof to worry about:p What would you say our beds weigh:D

DevilDawg3097 said:
Nice size tire:burnout:
Secret Squirrel is on the loose I may not be at 4000 exact but hopfully I will be damn close. Your to far to take I have Prof to worry about:p What would you say our beds weigh:D

man couldtn tell ya:dontknow: freaking heavy:p

its possible, if you can, its gonna be a rocket:rock:

but remember too, less weight on the rear is less transfer from the front, resulting in less traction. we allready have traction probs from not transfering the wieght tothe rear;)

Stinker said:
man couldtn tell ya:dontknow: freaking heavy:p

its possible, if you can, its gonna be a rocket:rock:

but remember too, less weight on the rear is less transfer from the front, resulting in less traction. we allready have traction probs from not transfering the wieght tothe rear;)
That is where weight displacment comes in;) I have that covered and if it works then I will have to change the rearend and driveshaft becuase if it hooks like i think it will can you say twister:argh: :eek:

DevilDawg3097 said:
That is where weight displacment comes in;) I have that covered and if it works then I will have to change the rearend and driveshaft becuase if it hooks like i think it will can you say twister:argh: :eek:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back