Changing Plug Wires

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
Hi all, I decided to change my plugs and wires this weekend....WOW what a job....LOL. I had to remove the intake in order to get at the coil packs. Now I am wondering if it is worth the price to change the coil packs. I have seen some aftermarket ones and dont know if I will see any difference from the stock ones. Also I am wondering if anyone knows if the intake gaskets are reusable? I have never come across ones that are made from aluminum like these are. Normally I wouldnt think twice about replacing gaskets but with new ones costing around $80.00 I thought I'd ask. The one good thing about tearing the top of my engine down is now I can paint all the parts up. I will be adding some pics to my profile as soon as I get it done. I have a kick ass theme in mind for the engine compartment. :rock:

Yea most get coils from Tony when pulling the intake off.... Which wires did you get? I'm hoping not MSD! But Tony sells wires and coils that you can't beat....most here are running them. Also Tony does powder coating!!!!
IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

Yea most get coils from Tony when pulling the intake off.... Which wires did you get? I'm hoping not MSD! But Tony sells wires and coils that you can't beat....most here are running them.

Why do you say you hope not MSD? I've grown up on motors with MSD wires and they are the same that the NHRA guys used.

yeah but been a lot of issues with them and these vehicles. or at least i know i have read a lot of issues.

I went with Taylor 8mm wires. I always thought Taylor was a good brand. Does anyone know if there is a wire seperator kit for a V10. All the kits Ive seen only have 4 wire seperators.

Got my demon coils and my wires are in the mail. Thats next weeks job.

taylor is good, but we have problems with the msd breaking down the outter covering after a bit under the heat'
the coils seem to work nice that we helped develop, zxc dynoed his and gained a few ponies, most get nicer idle, better response, the oem coils lag after 35-3800 where ours are tighter wound, and hold up to around 6200,

i know wires and coils are in my plans during the winter while the odl girl is off the road getting some r&r :)

If the intake is coming off for painting... would it be the smart thing to do, to go ahead and port and polish the thing?.... Is it even worth it for the gains?

Why do you say you hope not MSD? I've grown up on motors with MSD wires and they are the same that the NHRA guys used.
Yeah, I;m sure the crappy MSD wires that we by off the shelf, aren't the same as the ones that John Force uses. lol!!
Got my demon coils and my wires are in the mail. Thats next weeks job.

Oh, boy. This can't end well. :D

Oh, boy. This can't end well. :D[/QUOTE]

You know that's right.:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back