Cheap Effective Exhaust

Look what was waiting for me when I got home this afternoon. Of course it was all boxed up very nicely but I couldn't leave it that way. Excellent job packing it up DCROW. Thanks for the great deal. It's come to a good home.

IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2683.JPG

Just got a great deal on a set of catless mids too. Yeah, now they'll hear me coming.

bigike said:
That would be two 5 banggers!?! :)

because it is two 5 cylinder engines running on the same crank. Where a v8 is one 8 cylinder engine.

Since there are no "5-bangers" in existence,I simply made reference to something readily identifiable.;) Everyone has heard ricers with fart pipe mufflers.Also a reason that I personally hate side exit pipes on Viper engines.When using a crossover,it helps eliminate a lot of that sound .

HOT RAM said:
Since there are no "5-bangers" in existence,I simply made reference to something readily identifiable.;) Everyone has heard ricers with fart pipe mufflers.Also a reason that I personally hate side exit pipes on Viper engines.When using a crossover,it helps eliminate a lot of that sound .

Just a minute here!

I happen to have a 300+ hp five banger! One of 355 made, 850R Wagons. It won the European Sports Car Circuit in 1997 and 1998...as a turbo charged wagon racing against sports cars!

Prof's Brick:

IMG_0513.jpg

volvo had made 5 cylinder motors for a long time. now since ford has owned them they have all 4,6 and 8 cylinders ...that 5 cylinder motor was a good one and only available in the v70 now

Just about to put a T18 turbo on it to replace the 16. That will eliminate most of the turbo lag...and should get me into the low 13's...in a

STATION WAGON!!!!!

...and many cars VW is currently producing... including the Rabbit.

Apparently the I5 is a good compromise between 4cyl economy & size and I6 smoothness.

My big fear was smoothness when I bought the Volvo new in January of '97. I knew it was fast, because it was advertised as a car that would beat the '97 Corvette in a quarter. But to my surprise it was every bit as smooth as any car I had ever driven...and now 150k later, (with a few O2 sensors thrown in and a timing belt or two) it is still like new. Well it does growl through a 3 inch down pipe and exhaust system, and a Motronic flash has really jumped the power and altered the shift points, and H&R springs have dropped it about two inches all around...and those Bilstein shocks don't soften the ride at all...

But I have learned to love Volvo...what a great vehicle.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back