check out this price per gallon this morning

Paid $2.92 for my 93 octane in west Texas. It will go back up but for the time being this is great. Some of us that remember .21 per gallon laugh at being happy at anything below 3bucks.

Havent put gass in the 10 recent enough to know what I paid. I do know that when I was a teen and gass was climbing that I said I would quit driving if it ever got over $2 a gallon. Turns out the bicycle isn't as fun to drive.

Havent put gass in the 10 recent enough to know what I paid. I do know that when I was a teen and gass was climbing that I said I would quit driving if it ever got over $2 a gallon. Turns out the bicycle isn't as fun to drive.

I remwmber .69,.79.,.89 for 87,89, and 93 when I started driving. Good old days and no ethanol!!!! We could get 103 unleaded at a few gas pumps on our cruising/Racing street! :D

Ive never ran it. Id like to see what my high octane tune is good for. Only used the mid bc i wasnt sure if 93 oct is enough for the roe high tune.

It should be fine but you won't notice a huge difference unless you're spraying or boosting. Now if for some reason your tune has a hair too much timing you can quench that with the race fuel but otherwise I'm sure Roes tune is for 91/93 octane safely. I'm so close to being able to tune these via laptop as I do GMs/Fords but can datalog and with 05/06 years I've yet to see a Torrie, Chris, Roe or BG tune detonate on scanning. Now I did have two customers and I'm sure hundreds of others that actually run 87 octane "because it's cheaper" and those two trucks reported a few degrees of timing pulled and knock detected. Both were on 93 octane tunes by different tuners, one being a tune I had Chris do! Well, first question I ask is what octane gas are they using. Both honestly, without hesitation, said " I dunno know, whatever's cheapest"! And with both I hesitated a few seconds collecting my thoughts and thinking of a non offensive,slap ruler on the wrist, response. Seems like minutes go by, but I respond with telling them to run nothing but the highest octane you can get....period! Even a bone stock tune is very rich yet timing is aggressive enough to cause detonation on 87 octane. After their topping off with 93 and driving 30 minutes or so and data logged and boom , not retarding timing.

That's what I said cigarettes went to 1 buck I would quit. Did quit at $1.50. Quit Coors when a case was $4.50. Will stop driving the 10 when gas gets to $6 or I loose my Oklahoma credit card. :D

There is one Sunoco in my area that sells 110 octane Cam2. Last I checked it was $9.95 a gallon and you have to put it in a can.

As I watched my 16th birthday approach I also seen a gallon of fuel go over $1.00. Nuts! Did not take them long to figure out how to make the pump charge more than 99.9 cents

There is one Sunoco in my area that sells 110 octane Cam2. Last I checked it was $9.95 a gallon and you have to put it in a can.

As I watched my 16th birthday approach I also seen a gallon of fuel go over $1.00. Nuts! Did not take them long to figure out how to make the pump charge more than 99.9 cents

Yip no digital shtuff back then, lol

not good for the oil and gas industry....layoffs have begun. hercules offshore (drilling rigs) just layed off 300:(

Out traveling the western states right now. Cheapest I've seen is 2.99 for regular. When I made this same run in May, it averaged 4.25

not good for the oil and gas industry....layoffs have begun. hercules offshore (drilling rigs) just layed off 300:(

Hmm, West Texas does not seem to have slowed any. I have residential rental trailers out there and zero vacancies for the last 2 years. One goes vacant and within one day it is re-rented. The major oil companies have allocated billions of dollars for exploration and I do not believe they will put that on hold till oil goes back up----and I can guarantee it will.

Badass! Would love that! Sunoco stations?

Some Sunoco stations in Ohio do.

Ive never ran it. Id like to see what my high octane tune is good for. Only used the mid bc i wasnt sure if 93 oct is enough for the roe high tune.

Same here, i'd love to know what the power difference is between running the two tune's/fuel's.

Out traveling the western states right now. Cheapest I've seen is 2.99 for regular. When I made this same run in May, it averaged 4.25

That's not too bad, where at out West? We have 87 octane for $2.85

Also, in different parts of the country, do gas prices fluctuate more or less than 10 cents per grade?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back