check out this price per gallon this morning

You guys must be happy with your gas Prices !!!!

I know its always about where you are coming from, but just for you to relax a Little.......

We pay approx 7.50 $ per gallon and it was even more just a few month ago...

The only benefit we have is that our gas quality all over the Country is equal and we only fill up with 95 oct (US91 oct), 98 oct (US94 oct) or 102 oct. (US 98 oct.)

So enjoy it as Long as you can and share our pain whenever we refill :D

When I was in the Navy serving over in the Mediterranean every country I went to I would do the gas price calculation. Made me feel better about filling up when I got home.

You guys must be happy with your gas Prices !!!!

I know its always about where you are coming from, but just for you to relax a Little.......

We pay approx 7.50 $ per gallon and it was even more just a few month ago...

The only benefit we have is that our gas quality all over the Country is equal and we only fill up with 95 oct (US91 oct), 98 oct (US94 oct) or 102 oct. (US 98 oct.)

So enjoy it as Long as you can and share our pain whenever we refill :D

It may be 7.50 over there, but your average income is about 50% higher than the US...

This happens every time I am away overseas.. Low gas prices and such.. I HAVE to admit I also have a Flex Fuel vehicle and prices for that (with frequent flyer grocery store discounts) recently dropped below $1.99 and 9/10 per gal from what I hear. And I too haven't put fuel in #1900 recent enough to know :dontknow:what I paid for 93 proof.

He's right. In Norway the price per gal is worse... Around $9.00 after conversion from liters to gallons and currency exchange. Then again a #1 at the local Burger King here translates to around $25.00USD before super-sizing. The start off pay for a simple job in Norway is around $65.00 an hour. That's a fact. I've been working in this country on and off since 2008. The average John Q US Citizen can't vacation in Norway because of the expense, but Norwegians can vacay extremely comfortably in the US.

He's right. In Norway the price per gal is worse... Around $9.00 after conversion from liters to gallons and currency exchange. Then again a #1 at the local Burger King here translates to around $25.00USD before super-sizing. The start off pay for a simple job in Norway is around $65.00 an hour. That's a fact. I've been working in this country on and off since 2008. The average John Q US Citizen can't vacation in Norway because of the expense, but Norwegians can vacay extremely comfortably in the US.
Very interesting.

Very interesting.

In 2008 I had a Norwegian waitress literally laugh at me while we conversed on the subject. Even though I pull down a hefty annual wage she apparently made the same, if not, MORE than me. :eek:WTH???

In 2008 I had a Norwegian waitress literally laugh at me while we conversed on the subject. Even though I pull down a hefty annual wage she apparently made the same, if not, MORE than me.:eek:WTH???

Sounds like we need Norwegian jobs.

Sounds like we need Norwegian jobs.

I always wished I could work here for their wages and live home in Houston. I'd be rich... I'd be RIACH BIACH!! But paying Norwegian taxes is an extra hard kick up the keyster.. Uncle Sam doesn't bend us over near that much. And they get paid once a month.

I always wished I could work here for their wages and live home in Houston. I'd be rich... I'd be RIACH BIACH!! But paying Norwegian taxes is an extra hard kick up the keyster.. Uncle Sam doesn't bend us over near that much. And they get paid once a month.

I take it back. God Bless America!

I take it back. God Bless America!

Try this on for size... If I were to move here and bring my 10 with me.. I would have to pay (and this SOUNDS like an exaggeration but it isn't) over $150,000.00 to register it here and taxes. Basically it's to deter me from running a 8.3L here instead of the more widely acceptable Prius or electric Tesla. Now if it were a 20+ year old American made vehicle, it gets much cheaper and realistic. But the car has to be all OEM parts. AND, no one is allowed to customize their vehicles here or they won't pass inspection. No lowering kit, no simple performance mods, no aftermarket wheels (need special permission for this), no HIDs, no performance exhaust, no SC, no NoS, blah blah blah... Yeah, GOD bless America..

Last edited:
Try this on for size... If I were to move here and bring my 10 with me.. I would have to pay (and this SOUNDS like an exaggeration but it isn't) over $150,000.00 to register it here and taxes. Basically it's to deter me from running a 8.3L here instead of the more widely acceptable Prius or electric Tesla. Now if it were a 20+ year old American made vehicle, it gets much cheaper and realistic. But the car has to be all OEM parts. AND, no one is allowed to customize their vehicles here or they won't pass inspection. No lowering kit, no simple performance mods, no aftermarket wheels (need special permission for this), no HIDs, no performance exhaust, no SC, no NoS, blah blah blah... Yeah, GOD bless America..

Dude, thank you for this post. Sometimes I need reminded just how lucky I am to live here.

gday all.
here in Australia, and bare in mind city prices, I pay about $6.30 a gal. its about 1.70 a litre for 98.
How much is registration in the us?
we pay $650 per year in Victoria. all other states vary in price. our insurance is separate I pay about 1k per year but that is limited driving due to the insurance value of my 10.
my 10 is insured for $110000 :)

In Texas, my annual registration costs run approx. $60 to $70 per vehicle, per year. I filled up with 93 octane this morning for $2.89 a gallon. Full coverage insurance runs me approx. $700 a year.

I'm not complaining.....

In Texas, my annual registration costs run approx. $60 to $70 per vehicle, per year. I filled up with 93 octane this morning for $2.89 a gallon. Full coverage insurance runs me approx. $700 a year.

I'm not complaining.....

What he said ^^
God Bless Texas!:D

gday all.
here in Australia, and bare in mind city prices, I pay about $6.30 a gal. its about 1.70 a litre for 98.
How much is registration in the us?
we pay $650 per year in Victoria. all other states vary in price. our insurance is separate I pay about 1k per year but that is limited driving due to the insurance value of my 10.
my 10 is insured for $110000 :)

How much does housing cost? What are the wages like?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back