Checking Interest: Custom Alum. Battery Tray Box

Kevan said:
That's so odd that you post this now, Michael. I'm at my desk dividing by 15. Kooky. The foam for the lids should be here tomorrow AM. I'm going to spend my holiday cutting foam! Woohoo! :)
I'll PM everyone in the next 24 hours with the price for their box.
If it's ok with folks, I'd like to ship these after X-mas. Not only to maintain my sanity (40 min. lines at our little post office), but also to prevent possible damage to the boxes during shipping.
Thanks for your patience everyone![/QUOTE

No prob here, as we finally (not that I wanted it) had are first mess of snow and salt of the winter yesterday, so truck is most likely parked for next 3 mo. or so.

UPDATE: DONE!!!

The foam for the lids finally showed up. I had the option of getting a $200 die to cut it....but decided....."umm-no". :) If we end up doing more than 15, then I'll think about it. I think they came out great.

I started packing up the boxes this afternoon. Below are some pics.

Thanks everyone. This has been fun. Keep an eye out for a PM from me regarding prices.

I hope you all like your boxes.

Attachments

• P1000773.JPG
    P1000773.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 49
  • P1000774.JPG
    P1000774.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000775.JPG
    P1000775.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000776.JPG
    P1000776.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 38
Kevan said:
UPDATE: DONE!!!

The foam for the lids finally showed up. I had the option of getting a $200 die to cut it....but decided....."umm-no". :) If we end up doing more than 15, then I'll think about it. I think they came out great.

I started packing up the boxes this afternoon. Below are some pics.

Thanks everyone. This has been fun. Keep an eye out for a PM from me regarding prices.

I hope you all like your boxes.
looks like you need to fix that cable outlet on your wall beside the boxes

So now that they are all boxed up. Are you going to remember what colour is in which box?

heheheh.

mcrodney said:
looks like you need to fix that cable outlet on your wall beside the boxes
Nah. I'll just trip over the damn cable and rip it out again. :D
sapientiam said:
So now that they are all boxed up. Are you going to remember what colour is in which box?

heheheh.
You'll see my little trick for that. :)

2 questions; So did the bottle of Mobil 1 ever fit in the box while upright(I've been following along for some time)? Do you have one in Silver?

lbstone said:
2 questions; So did the bottle of Mobil 1 ever fit in the box while upright(I've been following along for some time)? Do you have one in Silver?
1. Not upright, but you can fit about 3 of them if they're laid on their edge.

2. I am making another trip to the shop this coming week. I will check on a silver one for you, and a black one for Mutt.

Here are some pics for everyone.
In the storage box I have:
- (1 set) heavy duty jumper cables. I'm not sure of the wire gauge, but it's substantial.
- (4) 14' motorcycle straps.
- (1) qt. Mobil 1.
- (plenty) of room left over for a spare serpentine belt.

Thanks to SSTdusty for letting me use his box for the pics. :D

Attachments

• P1000784.JPG
    P1000784.JPG
    458.2 KB · Views: 50
  • P1000787.JPG
    P1000787.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 53
  • P1000788.JPG
    P1000788.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 53
Kevan,
You can let mutt have the one you made for me as my truck is probably floating somewhere in the atlantic right now. Shipped it off to Denmark three weeks ago. I'll be getting another, but who knows when. Hopefully by the summer.

Greg

First box out the door goes to our fearless leader: Jack!

I will PM everyone else with cost and an address to mail the check to.
USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING IS INCLUDED!!!

Also-
If you haven't sent me your mailing/shipping address, PLEASE SEND IT!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Box is COSMIC.........Thanks Kevan

The "BLACK BOX" arrived and was I am impressed. It is very cool. Fit and finish is excellant.

It took less than 5 minutes to install it and it is just great.

I wish every custom piece fit this nicley, and was as well designed as this box.

When you guys get yours take out the 3 bolts that mount it and loosen up the 2 on the fender top of the battery tray. My front tray mount was pushed back from the factory, and needed to be repositioned a little, I pushed forward 1/32" on the front to allow the lid to close properly. Start all the bolts beginning with the front side closest to the air box. Snug them down evenly and enjoy a great piece of equipment.

I filled mine with horsepower and can't wait to drive it, and see how much faster it is...........:) :D :)

Jack- just how much extra HP were you able to get with the addition of the battery tray box? :D
Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like it.

There are a few things I would probably change on the next ones, but overall I'm quite happy with them.

NOTE: The bolt inside the box also attaches to the dual clip that holds your heater hoses away from the engine. It's a little tricky to re-install because it's threading twice: once for the bottom of the battery tray, and then into the dual clip. Make sure you don't have your hoses just hangin' there blowin' in the wind.

I'll post some installation pics ASAP. It's pretty simple....3 bolts. :) As Jack said, you might need to loosen the bolts on the top of the fender. Different climates and factory assembly procedures are something I tried to compensate for, but with the tray being plastic, it can flex/shift a little.

I hope everyone enjoys their new box as much as Jack. :D

Last edited:
You guys saw the boxes.
All the address labels went on.
Loaded in the truck (see attached)

...and the damn post office was closed today!

I'll try again in the AM.
Sorry folks.

BTW- Isn't it nice to know that your SRT-10 battery tray storage box is being delivered by an actual SRT-10? :D

Attachments

• P1000835.JPG
    P1000835.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 36
Kevan said:
You guys saw the boxes.
All the address labels went on.
Loaded in the truck (see attached)

...and the damn post office was closed today!

I'll try again in the AM.
Sorry folks.

BTW- Isn't it nice to know that your SRT-10 battery tray storage box is being delivered by an actual SRT-10? :D

I had that problem today too, another day delay in my payment getting there, hopefully it will be on the way tomorrow.
To bad the po couldn't deliver them to our houses with an SRT-10.

I got the (2) silver boxes back today. They will be packaged and shipped out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay guys.

Anyone have pics of theirs installed? I feel like a loner over here....heh heh.

Kevan said:
Jack- just how much extra HP were you able to get with the addition of the battery tray box? :D
Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like it. :D

That truck is SOOOOOOOOOOO much FASTEr with the box i am just terrified to jump on it. ;) .....;) .....;)

I think I will have to call a professional driver to handle it......:rock: .....:rock: .....:rock:

I still like the box and am filling it with jumper cables flat fix ect. All the stuff that used to be in my emergency roadside kit can now go there.

Thanks Kevan great mod for little money.

Installed mine this last weekend. Very nice piece Kevan, talk about perfect fit. Thanks man.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back