Checking Interest: Custom Alum. Battery Tray Box

UPDATE

Just got the quote from the powdercoater.
Black= no problem.
White= no problem. (ya like that, sstdusty?)
Red= Problem.

Red is not a regularly stocked color, and for such a small run it would be VERY expensive. As in, about $40/per box. Yikes.

Sorry folks, but on this first run no red boxes.

There are options though:
1. Get a black one. :)
2. Get an unfinished one (bare aluminum) and have a local shop powdercoat it red for you.

Those requesting red please let me know your color preference ASAFP. We're trying to send the boxes to the powdercoater on Friday.

If I don't hear from you by then, you will get an unfinished/bare aluminum box. Of course, the unfinished boxes will be slightly cheaper than those that are powdercoated.

Thanks for understanding folks.

kevan,hold off on the box for me no one in my area does powdercoating,soon as you can get them in red let me know maybe second run? thanks brat.

Brat- Gotcha. This is the only run I'm doing. The next run(s) will come from whomever picks it up from here (probably Boomer).

UPDATED LIST:

Chuck B- BLACK
Sapientiam- BLACK
Rick R- BLACK
**Mike Nice- RED
MYTRAM- BLACK
sstdusty- WHITE
**AZviper- RED
**Viprtek- ????
BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
FSTJACK- BLACK
Fun2XLR8- BLACK
Iltemprd- BLACK
Ntw0rk- BLACK
SgtBo- BLACK

Those with a ** next to their name need to contact me before Friday 10.20.06.

I can't believe no one wants silver/stainless. Odd.

I still need the final numbers from the powdercoater, but as of today we're still under $100/box....even with shipping!

Here's the final list headed to the powdercoater on Monday:
  1. Chuck B- BLACK
  2. Sapientiam- BLACK
  3. Rick R- BLACK
  4. Mike Nice- BLACK
  5. MYTRAM- BLACK
  6. sstdusty- WHITE
  7. AZviper- UNFINISHED
  8. BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
  9. FSTJACK- BLACK
  10. Fun2XLR8- BLACK
  11. Iltemprd- BLACK
  12. Ntw0rk- BLACK
  13. SgtBo- BLACK
Extra- (2) SILVER

Since a few folks haven't responded to PM's and posts, I'm going to do a few in the silver/stainless color. I think once folks see these, they'll dig 'em.

I picked up the shipping supplies today. Your battery box should arrive safe and sound, and unscratched. :)

ALL boxes will ship via USPS Priority, unless otherwise specified.

CORRECTION: The battery boxes weight in at just over 5 lbs. The heavier gauge aluminum is stronger, but it does add a little weight.

I think the easiest way to do it would be money orders. That way neither party has to worry about getting hosed, freaky bank fees, or PayPal fees. :)
The Post Office has great money orders with great tracking/security. It's what I'd recommend.

As soon as I have a total, I'll post it here (and probably PM or email everyone.)

(Sapientiam- I still owe you $20 from Nats, so deduct it from whatever the box price comes to. Cool?)

(Sapientiam- I still owe you $20 from Nats, so deduct it from whatever the box price comes to. Cool?)

Nope.

I don't remember any 20 bucks.
Then again i also don't remember betting 50 bucks for horse 1 (12/1odds)to win on race 10 yesterday. But i sure remembered her handing me 600 dollars.

Michael

UPDATE Latest list:
  1. Chuck B- BLACK
  2. Sapientiam- BLACK
  3. Rick R- BLACK
  4. MYTRAM- BLACK
  5. sstdusty- WHITE
  6. AZviper- UNFINISHED
  7. BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
  8. FSTJACK- BLACK
  9. Fun2XLR8- BLACK
  10. Iltemprd- BLACK
  11. Ntw0rk- BLACK
  12. SgtBo- BLACK
AVAILABLE: (2) SILVER, (1) BLACK.

Checked on the boxes today and did another test-fit. The mount bracket holes are now slightly larger (0.50") to make up for any variances the trays might have. You'll be able to adjust them a little to fit properly.

We used CLECO's to line up the brackets and the magnetic latch. If you haven't seen them, these things are cool. The brackets are now on the back wall, and there's clearance for the bolt to be turned with a box or combination wrench (no sockets, sorry).

The mount brackets also have nicely rounded corners now. They look slick, dare I say it- factory. :)

I'm still sourcing that damn seal. I'm trying out a bunch of different foams and rubbers (Wifey- don't even THINK of going there. LOL). Apparently no one makes weather stripping this small.

I'm debating on whether or not to do a new A/C hose mount bolt. The stock one has a flange on it that's not really necessary with the battery box. I'll check into that tomorrow. Even if I went with stainless, they're not too pricey.

I'm going as fast as I can folks, and we're almost there. I'm going down when production is happening. I'll get some pics of everything going together.

Thanks for your patience!

UPDATE Latest list:
  1. Chuck B- BLACK
  2. Sapientiam- BLACK
  3. Rick R- BLACK
  4. MYTRAM- BLACK
  5. sstdusty- WHITE
  6. AZviper- UNFINISHED
  7. BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
  8. FSTJACK- BLACK
  9. Fun2XLR8- BLACK
  10. Iltemprd- BLACK
  11. Ntw0rk- BLACK
  12. SgtBo- BLACK
  13. wyoramsrt-10- SILVER
AVAILABLE: (1) SILVER, (1) BLACK.
(Jeff K.- if you want in, let me know and I'll mod the list.)

Updates coming this week folks. Along with plenty of pics.
The prototype is headed to Boomer's shop tomorrow for his inspection. I'll see if I can't get a shot of his reaction. :)

If you want, you can start sending me your shipping addresses (PM or email). I'll get some labels printed up and ready to go. That'll save us a little time.

Thanks everyone!

UPDATE Latest list:
  1. Chuck B- BLACK
  2. Sapientiam- BLACK
  3. Rick R- BLACK
  4. MYTRAM- BLACK
  5. sstdusty- WHITE
  6. AZviper- UNFINISHED
  7. BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
  8. FSTJACK- BLACK
  9. Fun2XLR8- BLACK
  10. Iltemprd- BLACK
  11. Ntw0rk- BLACK
  12. SgtBo- BLACK
  13. wyoramsrt-10- SILVER
  14. Jeff Kehoe- BLACK
AVAILABLE: (1) SILVER.

Thanks for all the addresses folks. Keep 'em coming.

I was at the shop today checking on the status of the boxes. Man, I wish I was a government project!!! Those guys bump all the other projects. It sucks, but.....at least we won't have $1100 battery boxes. LOL

I made one change to the boxes today: the mount brackets are now welded *and* riveted. They're not goin' anywhere. :)

The foam for the weatherstripping should be here next week. It's.....soft.....and....black. (Do you guys really want details on it? I feel like a foam nerd now after studying all this for so long....).

I'm staying on top of it and will get everyone updates ASAP.
Thanks everyone!

Good timing, MYTRAM!
I just uploaded some new pics tonight that I had forgotten I took last week.

- Lots of boxes:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000664.JPG

- Welding about to happen:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000665.JPG

- Welding happening:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000666.JPG

- Inside shot:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000667.JPG

- Bracket shot:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000668.JPG
NOTE: The two little holes for the CLECOs will be filled in.

- Box O' Parts:
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/srt-10/batterybox/P1000669.JPG

My call to the welding shop yesterday got me information that the boxes should be back from powdercoating on Friday or Monday.
The last thing left is the foam weatherstripping which is on order and should be here any day now.

For those that haven't sent me their shipping info, please do.

Thanks everyone!

Heh heh...yeah. It was more cost-effective for them to do 40 instead of just 15.
Fortunately, I don't have to pay for all 40. :D

If your name is on this list, please send me a PM with your shipping address.
  • Chuck B- BLACK
  • Sapientiam- BLACK (do I have your current shipping addy?)
  • MYTRAM- BLACK
  • BlackRamSRT10- BLACK
  • Fun2XLR8- BLACK
  • Ntw0rk- BLACK
  • Jeff Kehoe- BLACK
THANKS EVERYONE!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back