chevy ss vs QC

RUFROZN said:
Quick question? i have got this guy who constantly want to prove himself and he's got a new SS 1500 and i have ignored him for long enough so when the time and conditions are right i will probably throw down-but iam not aware fof the SS capabilities- go for it or stay away?:dontknow:

The results should be similar to you racing an H2.
"Dream On Chevy Boy. Dream On..."

hey prof we can do the battle of the wagons, your turbo brick over my wife's NX injected MSRT8. Ill be sure to take both baby seats out before we race.

I don't know if I want to race...but I may want to borrow the kid seats when the grand kids visit!

Did you get your sunglasses?

Roy

Prof's Brick kicks ASS!!! :D :rock:

And the SS (the Silverado and Trailblazer) is a POS. :eek: :( ..... I've driven both, and they are PIGS.... Just make sure he doesn't have NOS. ;)

prof i saw a volvo identical to yours, but it was gold and had differant wheels. was yours the only turbo one? this one had no badges but was a turbo. it was in a junk yard, hidden in the woods. it was complete and i am wondering if it may be worth getting. if theres any specific way of telling what it is please tell me. i know nothing of volvos ;)

Stanimal said:
prof i saw a volvo identical to yours, but it was gold and had differant wheels. was yours the only turbo one? this one had no badges but was a turbo. it was in a junk yard, hidden in the woods. it was complete and i am wondering if it may be worth getting. if theres any specific way of telling what it is please tell me. i know nothing of volvos ;)

Three models were available: 850, 850T5 and 850R in '96 and '97

The 850R had a larger turbo, and about 30 hp more...it also had the front air dam, side body molding and the Volan titanium wheels, with disc brakes at all four corners and a much stiffer suspension. Volvo said they only made 355 of the R Wagons world-wide in '97.

I have only seen one other...it is in Marathon in the Florida Keys about two miles from our house there.

Last edited:
Quit waiting put the smack down on him, there are several of those around where i live needless to say they now know there place, Hell after a few mods on my GF's trail blazer SS she is even leaving them wondering did i really get passed by a chick in an suv with a baby seat! What Yeah!

TNVIPER said:
This is part of an Edmonds write up...

GM felt compelled to follow suit with the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS. While certainly more powerful than the regular Silverado 1500, the SS was a prime example of the phrase "all show and no go." Well, there was a little go. Under the hood was the Silverado's most powerful engine at the time, a 6.0-liter V8 producing 345 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque.
This was enough to give the pickup truck a 0-60-mph time of 6.3 seconds. Though respectable, it was well off the pace set by the Lightning and Ram SRT-10. Needless to say, we weren't terribly impressed with the Chevrolet Silverado SS. It was too expensive, fell short of its performance truck competition and wasn't that much of an upgrade over regular Silverados....

Run him for pinks then sale the chevy to buy mods for the Dodge..;)
I think that's the engine I have in my '04 Denali:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back