Collector Truck potential

Two things....first, F**K STOCK. Stock is for the bald loser driving the 1987 Corvette and still living with his mom or in a sh**ty apartment. Stock sucks. We all bought these trucks with horsepower in mind and that's what we need. We can't get enough and that is why stock sucks. If I want stock truck, I'll go save myself 10K or more and buy a Hemi. If I want something to drive that looks cool and will be worth way more in 20 years, I'll go spend the same money on a 69 Camaro, or Mustang, or Charger, or whatever instead. Hoping one of these trucks will be worth substantially more in 20 years than they are now is like buying real estate in Nevada and hoping California will fall into the ocean. Sure, it may happen, but did you really buy your truck as an investment? If you did, please take a moment to perform a quick experiment with me. Figure out realisticly how much money you spend each week on gas in your truck. Now multiply that by 52 weeks. Now multiply that by 20 years. Get the point?

Second thing....We all remember the 454 SS Chevy truck right? Remember what they costed? About the equivalent of what our trucks cost when you include inflation. Now, what do they cost now for a really nice one that someone left stock and has low miles? Oh, about 8-10K, that's it. Prices of everything have gone up and these trucks which were the fastest trucks of thier time are now relatively inexpensive. I know, I know, you are saying "but those trucks are slow by today's standards, they just had a big motor, that's all." Well, I say wake up. They were FAST by 1990 standard, and who is to say that our trucks will still be fast by 2022 standard? Nobody knows, so just shut the f**k up and drive yer go**amn toy until you run outa gas money. Just like the 1960's muscle cars, they didn't build your truck to be stored in some warehouse in a hermeticly sealed vaccuum waiting for the value to go up. They built it to be the baddest truck on the road....on the road.......ON THE ROAD!!!! No go make the necessary improvements to make it even cooler than that, and for god's fu**in sake, have some friggin fun with the truck. You know some a**hole is gonna t-bone you in it when he runs a red light in three years anyhow. And that is sure to happen whether you drive it once a year, or daily. It happened to my bad-ass 68 Camaro a few years back. Still wish I had enjoyed that car more. So let my lesson teach you. Drive it. Mod it. Race it. DRIVE IT!!!!!!!
68Camaro1.jpg

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
fun2xlr8 said:
Two things....first, F**K STOCK. Stock is for the bald loser driving the 1987 Corvette and still living with his mom or in a sh**ty apartment. Stock sucks. We all bought these trucks with horsepower in mind and that's what we need. We can't get enough and that is why stock sucks. If I want stock truck, I'll go save myself 10K or more and buy a Hemi. If I want something to drive that looks cool and will be worth way more in 20 years, I'll go spend the same money on a 69 Camaro, or Mustang, or Charger, or whatever instead. Hoping one of these trucks will be worth substantially more in 20 years than they are now is like buying real estate in Nevada and hoping California will fall into the ocean. Sure, it may happen, but did you really buy your truck as an investment? If you did, please take a moment to perform a quick experiment with me. Figure out realisticly how much money you spend each week on gas in your truck. Now multiply that by 52 weeks. Now multiply that by 20 years. Get the point?

Second thing....We all remember the 454 SS Chevy truck right? Remember what they costed? About the equivalent of what our trucks cost when you include inflation. Now, what do they cost now for a really nice one that someone left stock and has low miles? Oh, about 8-10K, that's it. Prices of everything have gone up and these trucks which were the fastest trucks of thier time are now relatively inexpensive. I know, I know, you are saying "but those trucks are slow by today's standards, they just had a big motor, that's all." Well, I say wake up. They were FAST by 1990 standard, and who is to say that our trucks will still be fast by 2022 standard? Nobody knows, so just shut the f**k up and drive yer go**amn toy until you run outa gas money. Just like the 1960's muscle cars, they didn't build your truck to be stored in some warehouse in a hermeticly sealed vaccuum waiting for the value to go up. They built it to be the baddest truck on the road....on the road.......ON THE ROAD!!!! No go make the necessary improvements to make it even cooler than that, and for god's fu**in sake, have some friggin fun with the truck. You know some a**hole is gonna t-bone you in it when he runs a red light in three years anyhow. And that is sure to happen whether you drive it once a year, or daily. It happened to my bad-ass 68 Camaro a few years back. Still wish I had enjoyed that car more. So let my lesson teach you. Drive it. Mod it. Race it. DRIVE IT!!!!!!!
View attachment 1742

Greg
Edited for language since it was not in the offensive section.

fun2xlr8 said:
....DRIVE IT!!!!!!!
:dito::dito::dito::dito:
twentyk6bn.jpg

Whenever I hear about a car (truck) not being driven, I wanna....:puke:

ROKTMAN said:
Edited for language since it was not in the offensive section.
OH BUGGERNUTS!!!:D

Last edited:
Well.. I guess there's nothing left for me to say except that I'm going to go drive her right now for no apparent reason. Oh and for the record I don't like the "Night Runner" sticker on the side of that '06 truck.

fun2xlr8 said:
LOL....woops, got a bit excited I guess. :dontknow:

Greg
No problem.We just don`t want casual users seeing that since they didn`t sign up for the offensive section.

Just met with my financial advisor, he advised me to run to run to run to the dealership and get as many 06's as I can get my hands on and in ten years, I will be typing this sh** from a tropical paradise. Now that I like :)

fun2xlr8 said:

View attachment 1742

Greg

Nope. I like stock :D

v8eater said:
:dito::dito::dito::dito:
twentyk6bn.jpg

Whenever I hear about a car (truck) not being driven, I wanna....:puke:

OH BUGGERNUTS!!!:D

Oops, Sorry if I give you the "oh buggernuts" - 3600 miles no prob with the brakes or clutch yet :D :rock:

WELL...I INTEND TO DRIVE MINE,AND POSSIBLY BE BURIED IN IT TOO!:thefinger: :driver: AND AS FOR MODS....ONLY TIME WILL TELL! AND.....
I WILL BE GETTING MY GHOST FLAMES,LIKE IT OR NOT,BETTER RESALE VALUE OR NOT! i'LL PROBABLY KEEP IT AND DRIVE THE DOG SNOT OUTTA IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF OF IT! THEN GO BUY NEW WHEELS AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN! AND BESIDES, I WONT HAVE TO GO BUY A COFFIN NOW!:goodnight:

Hahahaha!! I just love the post by fun2xlr8!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back