Completing Install of Low dust brake pads

The new rotors and pads are INSTALLED!!!!
I'm very, VERY happy with them.
DIY article will come sometime this weekend (I took over 100 pics!)
Here's a little preview:

P1030258.jpg

Keith gives the rear rotors the big thumbs up!
:D :D :D

BTW- If you can change a tire, you can do the front brake pads. It's ONE BOLT!
It's so easy a cavem.....wait....it's so easy JoeMags could do it! :)

VAViperPower- you're very welcome. I'm sorry that I didn't have the DIY article up before you did them.

MoparRacing- thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to give 'em a good yank in the rain and see how they do. So far, so awesome.

VAViperPower said:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I got the Centric Posi-Quiet pads installed from Zeckhausen Racing on my 06 Reg Cab and they work great. I just got back from bedding in the brake pads and there is zero dust on the wheels even after the bedding process and cruising around town!!!! Its amazing. The have just about the same stopping power as the factory dust pads but dont have the ennoying grab feel during initial brake application that the factory dust pads generate. Im really impressed with these pads!! I also cleaned and installed two coats of high head clear coat paint on the big ass calipers so there is plenty of eye candy at the stoplight!! I will be sure to let everyone know in the next week or two after i get more miles racked up on the new pads. Thanks to everyone and especially Kevan for providing me with valuable info to make sure I have everything before getting my truck up on jacks!! You guys rock!!! :rock:

Sounds great. Glad you got it working. I'm very interested in this and might have to ask for a xmas present this year:D

VAViperPower, where are you about in NOVA?? I'm down in good old annandale.

-jeff

Hi Jelms,
Im out of Gainesville, VA just one exit past Manassas heading west on good old Rt. 66. I would def. recommend these pads. They perform great with no dust so far!! I no longer have to buy a pack of terry towels to clean my wheel everytime I leave the neighborhood. Also, these pads dont grab during intial brake application like the stock dust pads do. Your teeth fillings will no longer get yanked out when trying to slow down.

VAViperPower said:
Hi Jelms,
Im out of Gainesville, VA just one exit past Manassas heading west on good old Rt. 66. I would def. recommend these pads. They perform great with no dust so far!! I no longer have to buy a pack of terry towels to clean my wheel everytime I leave the neighborhood. Also, these pads dont grab during intial brake application like the stock dust pads do. Your teeth fillings will no longer get yanked out when trying to slow down.

I know where you are exactly:) You are definitely out in the booneys:)

New pads are on my list of things I have to do. Above the new chip from DC:)

Hope we can hook up some time and have some beers and talk about our trucks.

-jeff

hey jeff, sounds great!! I'm always game for backing the beast out of the garage to stretch her legs!! We gotta find a hooters to talk trucks & enjoy the scenery!!

VAViperPower said:
hey jeff, sounds great!! I'm always game for backing the beast out of the garage to stretch her legs!! We gotta find a hooters to talk trucks & enjoy the scenery!!

Now's not the best time:( That white stuff sucks. Got little over two here.

I'm all for hooters:D

Kevan said:
The new rotors and pads are INSTALLED!!!!
I'm very, VERY happy with them.
DIY article will come sometime this weekend (I took over 100 pics!)
Here's a little preview:

P1030258.jpg

Keith gives the rear rotors the big thumbs up!
:D :D :D

BTW- If you can change a tire, you can do the front brake pads. It's ONE BOLT!
It's so easy a cavem.....wait....it's so easy JoeMags could do it! :)

VAViperPower- you're very welcome. I'm sorry that I didn't have the DIY article up before you did them.

MoparRacing- thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to give 'em a good yank in the rain and see how they do. So far, so awesome.
Just saw this.........Go ahead, make fun of the "mechanically challenged" :)
(geez.................... I hope I'm not getting a bad rep.)

jelms said:
I know where you are exactly:) You are definitely out in the booneys:)

New pads are on my list of things I have to do. Above the new chip from DC:)

Hope we can hook up some time and have some beers and talk about our trucks.

-jeff

If that is the boonies,then I live in the deep jungle ! :D

I used to work up there,both in Manassas and Catharpin.To me North-east of Front Royal is "up north/the city "

I live 30 miles south of Front Royal in Stanley.Not even a stoplight here.About 1,200 residents :D

Need bedding instructions for EBC Pads

Hey Guys,

I've done searching in the DIY section and can not find the instructions
for bedding the pads for the EBC Greens:( for 04 RC. Can someone shoot
me the instructions.:rock: I would like to get rid of the annoying squeek of the stock pads.:mad: Thanks. Oh, one more thing....to the moderators....I tried to search over the weekend and kept getting an error msg that I may not have permission to search for items?:dontknow: Is there a problem with
my profile?:dontknow: Keep the hammer down and will chat later. :burnout:

Tony:burnout: :burnout:

TJ-SRT10 said:
Hey Guys,

I've done searching in the DIY section and can not find the instructions
for bedding the pads for the EBC Greens:( for 04 RC. Can someone shoot
me the instructions.:rock: I would like to get rid of the annoying squeek of the stock pads.:mad: Thanks. Oh, one more thing....to the moderators....I tried to search over the weekend and kept getting an error msg that I may not have permission to search for items?:dontknow: Is there a problem with
my profile?:dontknow: Keep the hammer down and will chat later. :burnout:

Tony:burnout: :burnout:
I think you have to be a supporting member to look over the DIY section.

amtrucker22 said:
I think you have to be a supporting member to look over the DIY section.

amtrucker22, thanks for responding. So is there anyway I can get the
instructions on how to do properly?:confused:

Tony:burnout:

Just ordered me a set $118 shipped:rock: Tired of all the dang brake dust:mad:

Last edited:
The zeks are great changed mine out 6months ago ---dust is extremely minimal...stoping is not grabby at all and does have a slightly different feel..Only took about an hour and a half to do the pads...very easy to do useing a ratchet,screwdriver and disc pad compression tool....i did have to buy the hex bit setfrom auto zone 12mm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back