cons of Mercedes AMG 63

wheredwhogo? said:
Looking for any personal reviews or thoughts....
I owned one 2007 E63 AMG...one of the best cars I have owned...much fun to drive...the sound was good too.

E-63photosandBulldogs10-6-06.jpg

i would have to sell or trade the truck though...very tough choice....that 63 will eat just about anythings lunch and you get the luxury....but i love my truck....

the caddy V is pretty impressive as well......might be a tick faster too...being a GM product, wonder if it will rattle years down the road....I know I wouldnt have to worry about the AMG's fit and finish.....thoughts...

i have a good friend that just bought the c350....and don't get me wrong...for status quo...it's still an MB..and it's spankin new...

now, i couldn't bring myself to buy the "poor man's" benz or bimmer...i.e. c-class or 3 series...but a year old cls/e55 or 545/m5/m3...now that's me...

but her car is beautiful, for sure...great fit and finish...

but it's not fast...

and you can't hide a s/c...i really dig the caddy....:D

viperhauler said:
i have a good friend that just bought the c350....and don't get me wrong...for status quo...it's still an MB..and it's spankin new...

now, i couldn't bring myself to buy the "poor man's" benz or bimmer...i.e. c-class or 3 series...but a year old cls/e55 or 545/m5/m3...now that's me...

but her car is beautiful, for sure...great fit and finish...

but it's not fast...

and you can't hide a s/c...i really dig the caddy....:D

I know..now im really torn between the MB and the Caddy....both are mean and im sure a really comfortable ride....BUT that would mean bye bye truck...arg.....dad always said, if you cant decide, then dont do anything....

viperhauler said:
sounds like dad knows .... :D

how bout service for each...how does that compare...or warranty...or how does the dealership's service rank in your area...

have not looked into that yet...im in the beginning stages.....all very good thoughts....with the truck, i have the best dealer support with Robert aka Mopar Connection....

I really love the caddy personally. You will get more looks driving a Benz, but you will surprise everyone with the CTS-V.

Getting rid of the truck will be hard. Regardless of what you decide, you will always belong here of course;)

mauiSRT/10 said:
I just dont like the caddy. Overpriced IMO. The MB is awesome.

patrick

I agree..... The folks that think a "Euro Car" isn't worth it, obviously never owned one......

I've owned 8 BMW's, and would never buy a Benz (it's like the Ford-Chevy thing :eek: ;) ). But, my best friend LOVES MB and will only buy Benz's. :D It's been a fun debate for years now. :rock: They are both great cars, IMO. Any of the AMG line are very nice. They are leaps/bounds/lightyears beyond anything Cadillac can produce, and you can take that to the bank.

wheredwhogo? said:
have not looked into that yet...im in the beginning stages.....all very good thoughts....with the truck, i have the best dealer support with Robert aka Mopar Connection....

Thanks... the C63 is one bad boy! It's on my list...
check this out... although the BMW handles better the MB is just well just watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOqLMHzBtk

Absolutely love my 2008 E63. The fit and finish are perfect with black birds eye maple interior and Harmon kardon sound system. The 507 hp (advertised) is more than enough matched to a seven speed auto trans w/ paddle shifters. Even with the traction control on, the tires still spin in first and second. With the control off you can burn the stock Continentals up. The trans downshifts automatically in sport mode as you deaccelerate kepping the RPM in the power curve and permitting you to hit it and avoid waiting for a downshift when a pesky rice burner with a fart box pulls up next to you.The seven speed reminds me of the old bang shifters as very little rpm loss between shifts is noticeable. The suspension is fairly tight and brakes are way more than enough. Best luxury car I've ever owned. Nuff said.

Your choice, I just see a huge personality difference between the 2 vehicles. I cant see many of the members here sitting in that after driving the truck. Beautiful car for sure just a huge change.

Somebody photochop Earl with a smile behind the wheel of a Benz :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back