Continetal Cros Contact UHP's?????

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have these on my truck and was looking to buy a new set before the Holidays. Decided to wait bc of x-mas. Anyway, now I can not find the Conti 305/40/ZR22 anywhere. Anybody know what the deal is on that?

Also, any good suggestions for a nice tire like the Conti for a replacement? Mine are going to need to go bye bye in a couple months.

Do not want the Pirellis again, ever!! Expensive and ride sucked.

I got the Conti's. Love em, but theyre discontinued.

I have Kumho Ecsta STX 305/40/22 and love them. Had them on my 20" rims that were on my dakota too. They LAST FOREVER and ride nice and are SUPER afforadable. Paid about 700-750 installed i think

I bought the nitto's, I like them much better

Yep... Conti's are good, but discontinued. I had a set put on my QC before I sold it.

Just last week I had the BFGs put on my RC. So, so, so much better than the crappy Pirellis, but the BFGs are not cheap.

I heard the BFGs are also being discontinued, but Tire Rack had them in stock. ???

Thanks for the info. That sucks they are discontinued. A ZR rated tire for about $165 a tire was a hell of a bargain. I will take a look at what some of you mentioned you are using. I have some tread left before I get to the markers but damn I am pissed at myself. I could have gotten one more set 2 months ago but had no idea it was a discontinued tire and they would be around no more.

Damn Murphy's Law :D

How about the GoodYear Fortera, anyone using that tire and has an opinion of it.

How about the GoodYear Fortera, anyone using that tire and has an opinion of it.

they cost alot, least last time I looked.

heard they are trash tires.

I did a lot of searching and nittos & BFG were the 2 main ones to have rave to them.

currently have a set of hankook tires and they have been pretty decent cant remember exact type trying to look it up but there site isn't cooperating

Sadness. :( I'm really pleased with the Contis on my truck.

Defintely confirmed. I sent a message to Continental inquiring about the tires and they replied back that they are indeed discontiunued as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Continental recommened the General Grabber UHP as an alternative. Just as FYI.

If you get the Nitto's you won't regret it. They ride great, handle water great, and grip has a whole new meaning. My 60ft times have dropped a lot on them. And the occasional green light launch doesn't end with tons of smoke and a honda civic in front of me ;)

Thanks. I have a litte tread left before I get to the markers so it is not like I have to buy tires tomorrow but in the near future. I think I am going to go with either the Kuhmos or the Nittos based on everyones input. Thanks guys for your opinions on what tires you are running or had in the past. No one wants to gamble on $700-$800 or more to just see what happens.

Aha, so they are discontinued. :) I had a quick look a few weeks ago as I need some rears. I run 305/45s and wasn't going to go with the Contis again, was just curious. I DID like them until I did a decent burnout, nothing too hardcore and a week or so later I noticed a MASSIVE 6-7" squared chunk of tread missing, it was bald/flat in that entire area. They feathered WAY too much for my liking after hard launches and a few little burnouts so I am looking at the all season HARDWEARING Goodyear Fortera SL Edition tires. I like their traction rating (for an all year tire) and they have an awesome wear rating of 500AA.

0911tr_20_z+2006_chevy_silverado_buildup+goodyear_tires.jpg

I loved my contis also when I first got them but they wore down real quik after 9000 miles they were toast and the rears had about 9 areas of tread carved off I switched to hankooks and love them they handle wet roads great smooth ride and after about 17000 miles still look new.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back