coolant issue

is the smell inside or outside?

After the motor is hot check the hose that comes out of the filler neck on the radiator....that lil bitch hose has cracked on me 3 times...:mad:

TNVIPER said:
After the motor is hot check the hose that comes out of the filler neck on the radiator....that lil bitch hose has cracked on me 3 times...:mad:

:dito:

Mine has cracked twice so far and it only has 21k on it.

to make sure it is not a head gasket. start her up cold and see what color exhaust is coming out, also cup your hands by the exhaust and smell your hands if you can smell that sweet smell of coolant you got a problem. If not then it may be your water pump. If you have not had it replaced I would say that, that baby lasted way past what it was suppose to if your at 100k. check the ground where you park or get under there because that bottom peice that bolts up to the front fascia is good at keeping fluids from hitting the ground.

Does our waterpump have a weep hole? :dontknow: IF so, shouldn't he check it to see if it is wet?

wesalbert said:
Does our waterpump have a weep hole? :dontknow: IF so, shouldn't he check it to see if it is wet?
If it is leaking more then likely its sitting in the bottom liquid ledge (under the fascia) and then drying. its a good thing for the track but it sucks in way because if your leaking coolant,oil or pwr steering fluid you wont see it unless you look under there.

Liquid ledge... I like that. Holds oil from leaking oil lines also. Found that out when I went under the truck to replace them. :p

TNVIPER said:

Mine got knocked loose when I was putting in my K&N and when I put it back on I discovered a little crack and the truck only had 5K on it then.

Cruster said:
Mine got knocked loose when I was putting in my K&N and when I put it back on I discovered a little crack and the truck only had 5K on it then.
i think Kevan wrote a DIY for the fix a while ago:D

eddie102870 said:
i think Kevan wrote a DIY for the fix a while ago:D

Cut cracked hose and put a clamp or tiestrap on it :D

its an easy fix, take some copper tubing, jsut small enough to go inside the rubber tubing, bend it to the desired bend, slide it into the tubign and replace normally

that way you have a nice bend that is supported by the copper tube,

I have seen pinhole leaks that leave no trace. water (steam) trickles out and evaporates without leaving any residue. You should be able to locate a pinhole leak doing a pressure test though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back