Could you ever own a regular truck?

chrisheltra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know after owning my Lightning it would be very difficult for me to own a regular F150.

Do you SRT10 owners ever think about that same situation? Would it be difficult for you to live without your current performance standards?

I think so . I was thinking about getting a 2011 ram 1500 and i was like man i cant see myself going from the 10 to a reg 1500. it doesnt have the performance, the looks, the head turning etc etc etc....

If i had to get another truck it would have to be another dream truck like a 2012 ram 3500 4x4 Laramie longhorn with the high out put cummins.

Beating my brain up though when i think of the $$ it will cost. Lots a bad azz sports cars around that price but i deff need a truck though and cant do anything with a car at the moment.

I don't think I could willingly get rid of it for just a regular ram, maybe a diesel you can tune and get big power from! Even then it would have to be that I just can't keep the 10 and have the diesel!

Yeah i would like to have both but can afford it at the moment right now. I keep telling my self to just keep the 10 and pay it off and then get a diesel once its paid off. But i like the current models alot

i have a regular truck, 95 f-250 with a powerstroke, drive it way more than my 10, just makes the 10 that much more fun when i play with it.:rock:

speaking as someone who upgraded from an 02 lightning to an 05 rc, i couldn't go to a regular truck. id always feel like i had some sort of boat anchor attached to the truck. and besides, i love the monster too much.

yes. there are some pretty sweet ass trucks out there that are not performance machines.
but i will always have a soft spot in my heart for the SRT-10 specificaly. not just any fast truck. but a Viper Truck in particular. even sounds badass "VIPER TRUCK"!!!

Nope, drove a new R/T Ram and it even seemed slow compared to my QC, we're gonna buy a Durango R/T instead. You don't realize how quick our trucks are till you drive something else.

I went from owning a QC hemi with heads, cam, convertor etc to the 10 to a toyota 4-runner......loved my 10 the most....miss it but i like having a reliable truck. If I could go back I would have bought a regular DD and a RC 10 hands down.

to answer the question, yes...

hard enough of a decision that after 4 and a half years almost... i still have the 10...

i had the opportunity several times to go to a dizzle, a hemi, and a new ram (on the dodge side)... also looked at duramaxes, and powerstrokes, and regency, joe gibbs silverados... even titans....

still...... got the truck... and it pulls a trailer just fine;)

A guy made me an offer on my first 10 I couldn't refuse. I made it less than 3 months before I had another.

Yep, own a regular truck now

I went from a 10 to my diesel. had it running 13 sec quarter miles. Then i decided I didn't need it so I went to an 09 1500 ram. Lasted 3 loooooong months in it before I got into another diesel. I can't own another 10 since I live in CO and can only afford 1 truck.

speaking as someone who upgraded from an 02 lightning to an 05 rc, i couldn't go to a regular truck. id always feel like i had some sort of boat anchor attached to the truck. and besides, i love the monster too much.

understatement of the year.....HUGE upgrade!:drool:;)

but to answer the question, yes, i'd like to have one of those R/T Rams....i'd mod the shit out of it tho.

but to answer the question, yes, i'd like to have one of those R/T Rams....i'd mod the shit out of it tho.

They run good, maybe not what I expected since we have a 5.7 Charger that runs 12.4 with 22's. Maybe a tuner and exhaust would change my mind. It didn't spin much from a dead stop, expected more, honestly.

Hell, I had nothing but over-400hp vehicles for 7 years or so (PSD F250, Lightning, SRT10, M5, etc)... Now I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. :dontknow: But, at least it's a 4.0 I-6. :D:burnout::p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back