cracked my bumper

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how or when or where but today i cracked my front bumper. Was working on the truck and noticed the lip was cracked bad. Wierd thing is i clear pretty much every curb that i go near by like 2". Only thing i can think of is possibly going near the snowbanks around my parking lot, but i looked and theres no pieces around it. Anyways, how much do u think this will cost me?

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

700 bucks.. before paint

new.... 1000 bucks ......... before paint

Last edited:
hopefully a few guys from my area chime in...

Just called the dealership $475 and they have one in stock.

Last edited:
Take the bumper off and take it to edmonton electroplating, they will be able to repair it for you for about 200$. Then take it to a bodyshop and they should be able to paint it for a couple hundred. SHouldn't cost you more than 500.

Take the bumper off and take it to edmonton electroplating, they will be able to repair it for you for about 200$. Then take it to a bodyshop and they should be able to paint it for a couple hundred. SHouldn't cost you more than 500.

they do plastic welding correct? Dealership most shops are able to do that. Although with that piece missing might be better to just get a new fascia

did the stealership say how much for a painted bumper? I bought a bumber from honda before and they offered primed or painted

Chrysler no longer offers pre painted bumpers, everything comes primed ready for paint. Might want to call around to a few other dealers or if you have friends that work at repair shops or bodyshops see what their price is. You should be able to find an OEM bumper for around $300 wholesale at the dealership.

Chrysler no longer offers pre painted bumpers, everything comes primed ready for paint. Might want to call around to a few other dealers or if you have friends that work at repair shops or bodyshops see what their price is. You should be able to find an OEM bumper for around $300 wholesale at the dealership.

damn that sucks cause it was a pretty good deal gettin them pre painted.

i asked about getting it painted they dont do that. I called the electroplating place. They said $50/hr and he said most cracks take about 4 hours so $200. I'm going to head out in abit to get them to look at it to tell me if its worth getting a new bumper or not. The way i look at it is....

New bumper = $475 + approx...iiunno...$500 to paint it?

Fix it = $200 + $300 or so to paint that spot....

So fixing it, if possible is cheaper but i know damn well repainting that spot wont 100% match the rest of the bumper, plus if i get a new bumper and new painting then all the little nicks over the winter and such wont be there.

i asked about getting it painted they dont do that. I called the electroplating place. They said $50/hr and he said most cracks take about 4 hours so $200. I'm going to head out in abit to get them to look at it to tell me if its worth getting a new bumper or not. The way i look at it is....

New bumper = $475 + approx...iiunno...$500 to paint it?

Fix it = $200 + $300 or so to paint that spot....

So fixing it, if possible is cheaper but i know damn well repainting that spot wont 100% match the rest of the bumper, plus if i get a new bumper and new painting then all the little nicks over the winter and such wont be there.

And if you end up gettin a new bumper you can contact your buddy SLEEPER SRT-10 about selling me your broken one for cheap :) Just sayin lol. PM ME

Speaking from alot of experience you are NOT missing a piece from the photos and it can easily be repaired with plastic welder or Duramix. I would not replace a bumper with that little damage. The painter can likely fix it all himself or his bodyman can. Ship it to me and I'll have ya back together for $300 fixed and paint blended in the affected area. You will never know it was painted.:rock: Course Texas is a lil ways away.:dontknow:

I might need one too. I have to get mine checked out. :mad:

There is guy on Edmonton kijiji parting red qc . Did u c that . I bett he's got bumper .

hes charging $515 for it, called the dealership and asked them how much will my military discount take off, they said it comes to $425, so thats $50 off...lol. I'm unsure what to do, i gotta get the bumper checked to see how much it will cost to repair it. I'm thinking since its the lower lip and that usally gets dirty anyways that ill get it repaired and ill paint it myself, wont be perfect but wont be that noticeable and saves me a few hundred. With racing coming up soon for my bike i dont have much cash to be putting into my truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back