CTS-V Watchout for Blue Haired Old Ladies...

Very tempting indeed. I'm very VERY seriously considering trading the truck for the coupe V version next year.

nice looking car profesor... and fast..... I would not mind to trade in my QC for one of those or for the coupe version.

DJCHEROKEE said:
nice looking car profesor... and fast..... I would not mind to trade in my QC for one of those or for the coupe version.

The coupe is a sweet ride!

Wil

I've said this before so I may as well say it again... this car (although impressive, as it's predecessor was) is a coming a little late... cadillac should be 'the innovator'...or 'on the leading edge' instead, what is this vehicle?? it's the catchup king.... it's primary competition are the bmw m5 and the mercedes e63... the M5 hit the showrooms in 05, this comes three years later... and i'm CERTAIN they'll make another niurburgring achievement... against what... a 3 year old vehicle??? some achievement...

Would I own one of these vehicles?? well, I guess I'd consider it, it's an american muscle car sitting on a sedan chasis which is something that does appeal to me.... however there are some issues 1: it will directly compete to in terms of price of used m's and amg's and in terms of fit and finish... the caddy will lose every time (if it's anything like the old cts-v)2: cady has had service issues as of late and I would be apprehensive of buying one with their record....

anyway, it's a great looking car and I have no doubt it'll haul major ass... I just expect more from GM.... I just read an article on the new ZR1... now that's a more impressive feat.... however even as awesome as that vehicle is... a gt40 it is not..... if GM really wanted to compete with the exotic supercars they'd commit to something inbetween the Zr1 and a factory five GTM....

but with all that said, it's apples and oranges.... you can't REALLY compare a ~$60K car to a ~95K car ...

p.s. I'm kinda biased against caddy as the last time I visited their dealership I waited in the showroom floor for just over a half an hour and couldn't get help... finally talked to the manager.... they had some meeting <during business hours> told me to come back tomorrow and he'd make me a super deal.... and as enticing as that sounded I went to the bmw dealership down the block and bought a 2003 745i <this happened in 2004>:marchmellow:

CTS is what the wife wants. Told her to wait until the CTS-V comes out. Only prob is RWD in the winter.

I wonder if they'll have the same ponies in the XLR.

Boy, what a disappointment that car was..... A shitload of money for a cool body with insignificant ....OK....let's say insufficient amounts of power....

I agree that Caddy should be renamed "Copy Cad"..... They couldn't cop and original idea if their lives depended on it....

Still, this car has a buttload of supercharged ponies..... 4300 pounds...yikes, heavy car.

D

Good looking car. I beat one at the local 1/8th last week. My 8.85 vs. his 8.94 :rock: .

Tidnab...I agree with just about all you have said. The caddy probably wont have the same fit and finish. But having known alot of BMX and Benz owners(if you live on long island you know what I mean cuz they are every other car) there cars have great fit and finish, but they always need service.
I have yet to meet a person who hasnt had a problem with there benz or bimmer

thjones3 said:
Good looking car. I beat one at the local 1/8th last week. My 8.85 vs. his 8.94 :rock: .

hey whats up thjones... next time you go to the track let me know....
meybe we can do a little meeting there.....
i still remember last time.... 3 srt10's ,the charger srt8....on the stagin lines on a local track was awesome....+

Very nice looking Caddy... and with the (detuned) version of the ZR1 motor, should be a screamer.

But, I am VERY concerned about build quality. :(

I plan to wait a couple years and then see what the best deal on a slightly used CTS-V or Nissan GTR will be. I am betting the caddy will cost $25,000 less than sticker in just 2 years with less than 10,000 miles on it. I will save the $25k and wait two years. Probably the same story with the GTR.

DJCHEROKEE said:
hey whats up thjones... next time you go to the track let me know....
meybe we can do a little meeting there.....
i still remember last time.... 3 srt10's ,the charger srt8....on the stagin lines on a local track was awesome....+

That was pretty awesome. I'll let you know next time I go. I need to get some drag radials :burnout:

Numbers are in:

"Dear Roy Fouts,

The numbers are in, and it looks like the all-new '09 CTS -V has taken its place among the fastest V8-powered sedans ever produced. 556 horsepower. 551 lbs.-ft of torque. And 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds.

Following our 7:59:32 breakthrough run on the formidable Nordschleife at Nürburgring, it was clear that the new CTS -V was pushing into uncharted performance territory for a vehicle of this type. Now it's certified. And we couldn't be more satisfied.

Thank you for your continued interest in Cadillac, and for sharing in the excitement of the SAE-Certified 556 horsepower 2009 CTS -V. The ultimate expression of performance and technology."

Hmmmm, whatcha thinking Roy? Challenger SRT8 or CTS-V?

Django said:
Don't you mean CTS-V or TWO SRT-8s....?

D

True, but I don't think money is as much of an issue, but it might be a good sales point for Roy's wife.

Buy one for each. Just make sure Roy gets the automatic. I'd hate to see him have the 15 sec Challenger SRT8 1/4 mile record... :slug:

Wil

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back