CTS-V Watchout for Blue Haired Old Ladies...

Florida Boys Beware:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYeSylfwKc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

For sure you should go to a dealership and test drive one...they are really, really fun.

nitrous boost after launch!!

Exactly. And he probably had the traction control engaged...so if he turned the traction computer off, and learned how to manage the wheel spin, and used drag radials...I think a 200 shot would get him into the (dare I say???) nines!

He is running 9 lbs of boost...mine currently has 14 lbs...three more than the LS9 Corvette.

I am seriously tempted to spray...the idea of an 8 second daily driver is intoxicating! But I know nothing about juice...and am too old to learn.

I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on a white one in your area Roy:DMaybe you could check it out for me:dontknow::)

Exactly. And he probably had the traction control engaged...so if he turned the traction computer off, and learned how to manage the wheel spin, and used drag radials...I think a 200 shot would get him into the (dare I say???) nines!

He is running 9 lbs of boost...mine currently has 14 lbs...three more than the LS9 Corvette.

I am seriously tempted to spray...the idea of an 8 second daily driver is intoxicating! But I know nothing about juice...and am too old to learn.

Not much to know Roy, get a kit made for the CTS-V and put it on a window switch and FLY!!!

I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on a white one in your area Roy:DMaybe you could check it out for me:dontknow::)

Kyle you know I will be happy to look it over for you...I enjoy going over vehicles for friends...have done it here in the Chicago area for maybe a dozen people...

What does he have in that thing?

Just a little background on the CTS V...GM set a goal in 2004: Build a Cadillac that will blow the doors off any Mercedes or BMW Sedan...the 2009 CTS V is the product. It set the record at Neurenbergring...and then went on sale.

The engine is labeled the LSA...basically the same engine as the LS9 Corvette with a smaller supercharger (9 lbs of boost rather than 11) and it does not have forged pistons or rods. It is also tuned milder than the LS9. Stock it has 556 bhp. It will turn high 11's with a good driver off the show room floor.

The video is a CTS V with forged pistons and rods, and a 200 NOS shot. Other than the spray, it is basically a stock engine. These are beasts with sophistication, and reliability. In testing the engine was run by the factory WOT for 140 consecutive hours with no failures!!!! You walk off the car lot with a supercharged, 556 hp beast that has a 100k warranty!

A few other facts: auto or manual 6-speed available...four transmission choices come with the auto: normal auto, sport auto, manual changing, and paddle shifters. Two suspension settings which can be changed on the fly. Four traction settings from normal to traction control off (eeeeekkkk! Sublimation personified!)

I have 33k on mine now...just opted to drive it to and from the Keys for our holiday vacation...fun, fun, fun!!! I did discover a factory flaw when I got back...I put on my snow tires and discovered that it has the same malady as my truck...the rear tires seem to wear very poorly!

Last edited:
Mornin' Roy. I'm going to look at the wagon, I think it's cool. Love the M/T, may even trade the 10. I think this Caddy is something special.:rock:

I have to agree Joe...the CTS V has been wonderful, and yes, the lines on the wagon are sweet! I am a wagon enthusiast and it is very tempting...would two CTS V's be too much for one garage???

Kyle you know I will be happy to look it over for you...I enjoy going over vehicles for friends...have done it here in the Chicago area for maybe a dozen people...

Just a little background on the CTS V...GM set a goal in 2004: Build a Cadillac that will blow the doors off any Mercedes or BMW Sedan...the 2009 CTS V is the product. It set the record at Neurenbergring...and then went on sale.

The engine is labeled the LSA...basically the same engine as the LS9 Corvette with a smaller supercharger (9 lbs of boost rather than 11) and it does not have forged pistons or rods. It is also tuned milder than the LS9. Stock it has 556 bhp. It will turn high 11's with a good driver off the show room floor.

The video is a CTS V with forged pistons and rods, and a 200 NOS shot. Other than the spray, it is basically a stock engine. These are beasts with sophistication, and reliability. In testing the engine was run by the factory WOT for 140 consecutive hours with no failures!!!! You walk off the car lot with a supercharged, 556 hp beast that has a 100k warranty!

A few other facts: auto or manual 6-speed available...four transmission choices come with the auto: normal auto, sport auto, manual changing, and paddle shifters. Two suspension settings which can be changed on the fly. Four traction settings from normal to traction control off (eeeeekkkk! Sublimation personified!)

I have 33k on mine now...just opted to drive it to and from the Keys for our holiday vacation...fun, fun, fun!!! I did discover a factory flaw when I got back...I put on my snow tires and discovered that it has the same malady as my truck...the rear tires seem to wear very poorly!

I don't know the s600 and sl65 are very fast as well dipping into low 10's as well, they are very fast and heavy sedans.

Neurenbergring was the test...and the CTS V set the record...which has now been surpassed by the Porsche sedan...but Porsche was not the objective...Mercedes and BMW were the target...and they have not been able to respond.

Neurenbergring was the test...and the CTS V set the record...which has now been surpassed by the Porsche sedan...but Porsche was not the objective...Mercedes and BMW were the target...and they have not been able to respond.

I'm sure as with everything else in life, they will do something and then it will be a war again.

But thats what makes it fun :D

I have to agree Joe...the CTS V has been wonderful, and yes, the lines on the wagon are sweet! I am a wagon enthusiast and it is very tempting...would two CTS V's be too much for one garage???

The only reason I would trade the 10, is the lack of garage space. Love ya Roy, hope you and C. are feeling better.

We are doing well, especially with the Bear leading 21 to 0!

I'm sure as with everything else in life, they will do something and then it will be a war again.

But thats what makes it fun :D

What made me feel great was that an American firm decided to set a goal and achieved it...the CTS V was a project with a goal...the old American way if you ask me. I bought the CTS V the day before GM went into bankruptcy...and I did it on that day as a demonstration of my faith in them, and to say that they were on the right track with the CTS V.

What made me feel great was that an American firm decided to set a goal and achieved it...the CTS V was a project with a goal...the old American way if you ask me. I bought the CTS V the day before GM went into bankruptcy...and I did it on that day as a demonstration of my faith in them, and to say that they were on the right track with the CTS V.
Just returned from the Caddy Dealer. The place was mobbed! I couldn't get over it!. Tire kickers everywhere. Man that IS a sharp car. Wagon is nice. I want one in black. A bit on the small side. I think everyone is buying Escalades before they are outlawed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back