CTS-V Watchout for Blue Haired Old Ladies...

Prof said:
Numbers are in:

"Dear Roy Fouts,

The numbers are in, and it looks like the all-new '09 CTS -V has taken its place among the fastest V8-powered sedans ever produced. 556 horsepower. 551 lbs.-ft of torque. And 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds.

Following our 7:59:32 breakthrough run on the formidable Nordschleife at Nürburgring, it was clear that the new CTS -V was pushing into uncharted performance territory for a vehicle of this type. Now it's certified. And we couldn't be more satisfied.

Thank you for your continued interest in Cadillac, and for sharing in the excitement of the SAE-Certified 556 horsepower 2009 CTS -V. The ultimate expression of performance and technology."

Yeah, all that information they gave you is in the road and track article when they tested the car. I have been thinking about one of these myself...I would have to see it in person though. Awesome piece of machinery.

im thinking they will offer a 6/60 warranty....which isnt too bad, i doubt they would do the lifetime..but im with you....im going to be watching this closely. i might wait until after the newness wears off. i dont feel like taking a bath like i have on this truck. NOTE:I STILL LOVE MY 10

Now Chrysler Corp could counter by offering the life-time on the SRT vehicles and I would be highly motivated to pick up one of the SRT 8 vehicles...but 6/60 would be a strong incentive for a daily driver!

even still the look of that caddy is killer! you get the best of both worlds....a fast kick ass car that rides down the interstate like a caddy...no pune intended. so far its really not a tough sell for me.

Unfuggin' real...

My Mercedes S55 AMG was a 4-door MONSTER. Supercharged V-8 good for 500 HP...it was insane, and cornered like it was on rails. I couldn't keep the ride on "Sport" with passengers, too harsh on New England roads and rattled the fillings in your teeth. Setting the cruise on 120 was a joke (...but not to that NY State Trooper) it was built to be an autobahn burner!

I stomped the guts out of every car that I ever tangled with, the overwhelming majority having no idea what an AMG is. I did have a guy in a M-3 that REALLY got his feelings hurt...

I used to be hung up on sports cars having only two doors, but having a family changes your perspective. In a car like the CTS-V you'd get over the 4 doors after your first 0-60 romp!

Spent an hour at the Caddy dealer yesterday...

The CTS V's are in the showrooms.

The one I looked at had Recaro 14 position Seats...

Six piston front calipers, four piston rears

There is no engine room...if you wanted to go to the larger supercharger that the Corvette ZR1 uses it probably would not fit.

Nice ride...but they would not let me test drive it. Hehehehe...good decision...

The one I looked at had a $68k sticker...about $8k in options...

What needs to be changed in my opinion:

Needs: Titanium rods, forged pistons, dry sump oiling, Brembo track performance racing brakes (red calipers) will be available later in the year.

This daily driver would need snow tires here in northern Illinois!

Three black vehicles is too much...need to get the gray, silver or white.

Very interesting...nice touring sedan...and a surprise for the ricers!

Prof said:
Spent an hour at the Caddy dealer yesterday...

The CTS V's are in the showrooms.

The one I looked at had Recaro 14 position Seats...

Six piston front calipers, four piston rears

There is no engine room...if you wanted to go to the larger supercharger that the Corvette ZR1 uses it probably would not fit.

Nice ride...but they would not let me test drive it. Hehehehe...good decision...

The one I looked at had a $68k sticker...about $8k in options...

What needs to be changed in my opinion:

Needs: Titanium rods, forged pistons, dry sump oiling, Brembo track performance racing brakes (red calipers) will be available later in the year.

This daily driver would need snow tires here in northern Illinois!

Three black vehicles is too much...need to get the gray, silver or white.

Very interesting...nice touring sedan...and a surprise for the ricers!
Good morning Roy, and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours!. This is some "Caddy"...... In my line of work, it's a requirement (Caddy, not the HP). I took delivery of a DTS this past June. Great vehicle. Perfect for the conditions I find driving in, most of the time. :) I do like the rwd of the CTS.

Last edited:
I am very tempted...this is the first daily driver that has really tempted me away from my 12 year old Volvo 850R Sport Wagon...I think the CTS V would be another 10 year daily driver...with thrills every inch of the way...that is what I have enjoyed about the Volvo...

Have to admit that I am a little tempted by the needs of GM too...

Prof said:
I am very tempted...this is the first daily driver that has really tempted me away from my 12 year old Volvo 850R Sport Wagon...I think the CTS V would be another 10 year daily driver...with thrills every inch of the way...that is what I have enjoyed about the Volvo...

Have to admit that I am a little tempted by the needs of GM too...
De-badge it............you'd have one helluva sleeper!!:p

As most of you know I bought a CTS V...have had it for about 18 months now...

Just ran across this comment in a detailed analysis of the 6.2 L engine...try this with one of our V 10's!"

Regarding quality and durability. The 6.2L Supercharged LSA has been validated beyond 100,000 miles and accumulated more the 6,400 hours of dynamometer testing. It has run over 270 consecutive hours at wide-open throttle without a failure. It's been road tested in the world's extreme climates and track-tested under racing g loads on some the world's most demanding circuits. It has completed actual and simulated 24-hour track tests."

Having a high performance vehicle with a 100,000 mile warranty is...well, priceless. (Even if I voided my engine warranty (LPE modifications) within the first 5000 miles!)

Last edited:
any regrets on the purchase, roy?

i have 90k on my truck...only issue i've had was a ps pump go bad...nothing engine wise...and i bet chuck would say the same thing...

i will say...the genI ls6 cts-v's are sure getting down in price [affordable] ;)

Absolutely the finest, fastest, and most fun to drive I have ever owned.

I love my truck, but the Cts V is just incredible.

Test drive one. Move the shift lever to the right for competition mode; press the suspension button once for competition mode; depress the traction control for seven seconds; Be Very Sure the car is pointed straight ahead...and hold on for a stock high eleven second pass!!!

Prof said:
Be Very Sure the car is pointed straight ahead...and hold on for a stock high eleven second pass!!!

Unless you are Roy :D This is one of the cars I was considering before buying the new truck, was thinking Mercedes AMG, the CTS-V or a Viper but for where I live and how shitty the roads are I went with the truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back