Curious and Confused

Black1 said:
Damn, that's pretty cool right there! :rock:

Thanks...ill have to fab up a tube that will route to it for the 10....i'll figure out something

Using the airRam or the setup 099fever has made would appear to be the ticket...Great ideas and looks good----The only thing left to do is to design a filter box that is less bulky than the stock box and tubes that can be powder coated to ones specific application...

05 ram 1500-------How does yours connect to the filter and the throttle body -----Post up some PICS....

VIPR PWR said:
05 ram 1500-------How does yours connect to the filter and the throttle body -----Post up some PICS....

This has only been used on the hemi. I don't have any pics of the track intake connected but i have a k&n cai and when the headlight intake is is there is a tube 4"" wide that i fabbed up that connects to the k&n tube! If you look at the one pic of the back view you will see how the tube jsut slips on over it. I use a regular metal clamp to keep it secured...

505'sFastestViper. said:
GetAttachment-1aspx-1.jpg

here is my cold air tube it goes where the fog light would be;)

Stay out of the deep water with that set up...:p

WOT said:
While I agree that our trucks need a good cold air intake, tying to effectively make a ram air is a waste of time. If you were to put a scoop on the very front of the truck, let's say something like an 18" diameter tube that stuck out in front of the radiator, you still wouldn't get much pressurization. Doing some quick calcualations, here are maximum possible obtainable pressures at various speeds. You would have to be traveling over 240 mph to get even 1 psi.

hmmm sounds very low

Last edited:
It;s a new set up for water injection lol

cobraken said:
Article in R & T said that the ram air on the new Ferrari picks up 5 hp @ over 200 mph.

That sounds about right. So, how much boost would it take to make 5 more hp at 7500 rpm in a ferrari? Probably about .25 psi or so.

But, the real question is: do the aerodynamics of the scoop create more than 5 hp worth of drag at that speed?

Black1 said:
The factory air-box setup is actually pretty good on these trucks. The panel behind the front grill directs air into a channel behind the passenger fender, feeding the inlet to the box. With the addition of a K&N (drop-in) filter, I believe this has shown to produce the most HP. Some, if not all, of the "CAI" units actually LOOSE power.... but, they sure do look purdy. :eek: :dontknow:
what he said. :)

I fully agree with Jake and moparracing that the stock setup is so far the best for a small power gain compared to the rest that seem to lose a small amount of power:rock: :rock: .......But can someone come up with one that gives us a small power gain and looks at the same time?????:confused: :confused: That is the reason I started this thread.... Everyone in the search for HP, even a small gain should be interested in more not less HP....Comparing Ram air to a blower or turbo is going a bit overboard.:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back