Custom splitter install

Shoot me a text. 6788771911

I'm currently in Norway until November 21st. I will be home after that for the rest of the year. I will certainly give you a holler Robbie when I get back. I'd be most definitely ready to toss some funds your way. I can try giving you a call later today.

Since we've seen the splitter on a silver and blk truck. I thought it was time we added a red truck to the mix since red is of course the fastest color. :D

I put it on today, didnt run into any problems its a simple process. I'll say this though for those thinking about doing it yourself. You will want to use a cordless drill with a 10mm socket drill bit. There are like 20 screws on the splitter and if you were to do it with a regular ratchet you will be there for a while and have tired arms and hands.

Also your going to need to take the clips that guide/hold the screws off your old splitter and put those on your bumper. It wasnt mention in the instructions so thought I'd add that.

I had mine wrapped in carbon fiber and added some splitter trim. I did not get mine with the rods (didnt want to drill in my bumper). For those who didnt get the rods no worries, it is basically connected to the bumper and brackets under the truck as your old splitter. As long as you have your screws in tight it is pretty rigid and I dont see it going anywhere.

I went for a test drive and was doing multiple blasts over 100+, it was solid. Might be adding more downforce since it extends out. Highly recommended. Thanks Robbie for the splitter and your sign guy recommendation.

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 56
Since we've seen the splitter on a silver and blk truck. I thought it was time we added a red truck to the mix since red is of course the fastest color. :D

I put it on today, didnt run into any problems its a simple process. I'll say this though for those thinking about doing it yourself. You will want to use a cordless drill with a 10mm socket drill bit. There are like 20 screws on the splitter and if you were to do it with a regular ratchet you will be there for a while and have tired arms and hands.

Also your going to need to take the clips that guide/hold the screws off your old splitter and put those on your bumper. It wasnt mention in the instructions so thought I'd add that.

I had mine wrapped in carbon fiber and added some splitter trim. I did not get mine with the rods (didnt want to drill in my bumper). For those who didnt get the rods no worries, it is basically connected to the bumper and brackets under the truck as your old splitter. As long as you have your screws in tight it is pretty rigid and I dont see it going anywhere.

I went for a test drive and was doing multiple blasts over 100+, it was solid. Might be adding more downforce since it extends out. Highly recommended. Thanks Robbie for the splitter and your sign guy recommendation.
I appreciate the positive feedback and Im glad everything turned out good for you. I just double checked the instruction sheet though cause I could have swore that I wrote in to put the metal clips on the bumper and after checking its listed as the second step on the instruction sheet. I guess you just must have accidentally overlooked it but im glad you were able to get it figured out. I would love to see some pics of it on your truck especially since i have only seen it on a silver or black truck

I appreciate the positive feedback and Im glad everything turned out good for you. I just double checked the instruction sheet though cause I could have swore that I wrote in to put the metal clips on the bumper and after checking its listed as the second step on the instruction sheet. I guess you just must have accidentally overlooked it but im glad you were able to get it figured out. I would love to see some pics of it on your truck especially since i have only seen it on a silver or black truck

I added the pic's after I realize I forgot to upload them. I must have missed it on the instructions since I remember reading skip down to part 6th if your not installing the rods. I think that was in instruction 1 so I did that. I dont have it in front of me but I'll take your word that they are on there.

I added the pic's after I realize I forgot to upload them. I must have missed it on the instructions since I remember reading skip down to part 6th if your not installing the rods. I think that was in instruction 1 so I did that. I dont have it in front of me but I'll take your word that they are on there.
Its all good man. Yea the instructions say to do step 2 and then skip to step 6 if not installing rods. No biggie though. Once again I appreciate the positive feedback and man the pictures look great. It really looks nice on a red truck for sure.

So am I correct in saying that I will have to remove my factory belly pan and attach the brake ducts to the splitter?

So am I correct in saying that I will have to remove my factory belly pan and attach the brake ducts to the splitter?

Im not sure what you mean mean by belly pan. Your only removing the OEM splitter which does attached to the brake ducts.

You take that one off and put this one in its place. Its a simple swap. You just have a ton of screws to remove.

Im not sure what you mean mean by belly pan. Your only removing the OEM splitter which does attached to the brake ducts.

You take that one off and put this one in its place. Its a simple swap. You just have a ton of screws to remove.

LOL, the belly pan is what you refer to as the splitter. TY for the clarification, so I pretty much can remove it and use it as stencil for drilling the holes in the splitter.

LOL, the belly pan is what you refer to as the splitter. TY for the clarification, so I pretty much can remove it and use it as stencil for drilling the holes in the splitter.

Robbie's splitter already has holes in it. If you get it with the Rod's you'll have to mark off where you want them to go and drill holes for that on his splitter and on your bumper.

Robbie's splitter already has holes in it. If you get it with the Rod's you'll have to mark off where you want them to go and drill holes for that on his splitter and on your bumper.

I have an 06 so the holes are not pre-drilled.

Didnt know you had an 06. This splitter wont work on your truck. They are for the 04/05's only right now. So sorry. :(
I had a customer with an 06 truck get one of the splitters and fit it to his truck. Looks really nice when done but anyone getting one for an 06 has to drill their own mounting holes per the 06 instruction sheet that i include.

I had a customer with an 06 truck get one of the splitters and fit it to his truck. Looks really nice when done but anyone getting one for an 06 has to drill their own mounting holes per the 06 instruction sheet that i include.

My bad, I thought that was still an unknown fit issue going back to the group buy. Glad it works for 06 owners now.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    544.4 KB · Views: 42
Splitter installed, thanks Robbie for an excellent product. Had mine wrapped in carbon fiber, but I too held off on installing the rods, don't know if I want to drill holes in the bumper. What do you guys think about the rods?
2015-11-11%2017.34.49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-11-11%2017.35.00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mine

Love mine

Attachments

• 20150930_115914.jpg
    20150930_115914.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Splitter installed, thanks Robbie for an excellent product. Had mine wrapped in carbon fiber, but I too held off on installing the rods, don't know if I want to drill holes in the bumper. What do you guys think about the rods?
2015-11-11%2017.34.49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2015-11-11%2017.35.00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't think I'd drill holes in a $1500 bumper cover either. On an 04/05 the bumpers are cheap.

I don't think I'd drill holes in a $1500 bumper cover either. On an 04/05 the bumpers are cheap.

I agree, these covers are hard to come by and very expensive, the 04-05 are around $500 ompared to 06 which you are correct are close to 1500. Very limited supply.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back