Damage to spark Plug

FlyingLow said:
Thanks Jeff!!! I think our front runners are the Suburban and Durango. The Ford dealership was to pushy for me but I did like some of the features on the Expedition. I wanted to look at an H-2, but there is not a dealer here in town. I don't really understand what you mean by the auction. Are these new cars and where do I have to pick them up?

Almost new. They are the same cars you'd find at Carmax or on any new car dealers used side. Usually lease returns and repo's, really nice stuff with low miles still under warranty. I can buy from any Manheim auction, there is at least one in every major city. You can pick it up right at whichever auction we use. I bought my truck from the DCX auction in Hatfield PA with 31 miles on it. If you want to talk more about it my cell # is (702) 592-6323. You can save a big chunk of money doing it this way instead of new, especially on an SUV.

Jeff

FlyingLow said:
I think it was 5/8. My neighbor helped me change them. And by help I mean he changed them and I supplied the beer.

thanks man! i am happy that your wife is doing ok..and as for suv that you are looking, i really dont know which is best suv but maybe you can go with company that you feel that you can trust...ya know? maybe you could try chevy trailblazer? another day my girlfriend took it a test drive and she loves it so much and want to but one of these

FlyingLow said:
I think the cheapest would be the Nos.

unless you get a hell of a deal on a blower....NOS is definately the cheapest! Only downside is you don't get to use it all the time but I think its safer than most people think. Needslicks is running a 250 shot!

Hope it all works out for you though and you keep the truck! I had the same thing happen to one of my plugs on my old 76GMC Short box that had a built 400 in it. The bearing went bad and the piston came up too high and hammered the electrode down flat.....I'd take it out and re-gap it and it'd keep on hammering it down.

Thanks Jeff. I will try to give you a call this weekend. The only other question is how do I know what is up for auction. If there is a web page or something can you PM that info? Or we can just talk about it this weekend if that is easier for you.

Dram-My wife just wants a full size SUV that has a third row. The bigger the better for her. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Rice-I will have to look into NOS and how it all works. Under normal driving, racing, etc. What do you use to control the Nos?

ahhh a full sive suv, hmm well then i guess these chevy suburban is sound good, in my opinion....or maybe you could try get her a magnum srt8 :D :rock:

DRamSrt10 said:
ahhh a full sive suv, hmm well then i guess these chevy suburban is sound good, in my opinion....or maybe you could try get her a magnum srt8 :D :rock:

My wife loves her Infiniti QX56, and for that matter she loved the FX 35 also. I must admit, they are not bad vehicles. I really preferred the FX as it was more sporty and handled better.

We have an 07 Yukon. It is a freakin dream man. It has captains chairs in the 2nd row and a full 3rd row seat.
It has all options incl. leather and DVD player in the back for kids. It handles awesome and rides like a cadillac when cruising. It has the mds cylinder shut off for cruising that helps with the mileage. GM has 100K mile drive train warranty standard now too.
We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before and it's not even in the same league as the Yukon. With gas prices up they are seriously dealing on them. We paid over 8K UNDER sticker for it new. :rock:

Only thing I didn't like is that you can't get the NAV if you get the DVD system.

FlyingLow said:
I did not do a compression check. It was my understanding that the leak test was more conclusive. I have not changed the oil, but I will soon. Truck still seems to drive rough and I think it has something to do with the tranny. I wonder if I overheated the transmission oil? It is time to change the tranny oil and have the bands adjusted anyway. So now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do. If I pull the STS off I'm wondering what to replace it with. About the only things would be NOS or Roe Twin Screw. I think the cheapest would be the Nos.

Very interesting. So were you running to lean or rich on #3?

I had some detonation on #7 and #8. We richened the mixture a bit on each cylinder. I believe the '05 has a more aggressive timing curve than the '04, and the programs are based on '04 testing. I am running a much colder plug and thermostat as well. I am not at home, so I don't know exactly which plug it is. I am very pleased with my experience with Roe Racing. He really stands behind his product.

sleepersrt10 said:
I had some detonation on #7 and #8. We richened the mixture a bit on each cylinder. I believe the '05 has a more aggressive timing curve than the '04, and the programs are based on '04 testing. I am running a much colder plug and thermostat as well. I am not at home, so I don't know exactly which plug it is. I am very pleased with my experience with Roe Racing. He really stands behind his product.

I have a new set of their (Roe's) Copper Champion colder plugs. I won't be using them, I use NGK Iridiums.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back