Damn Automatic trans in the QC!! QC vs. RC - Seeking some advice.

mine doesn't know what traction is when it comes to the snow and ice i just spent an hour trying to move the truck less than 30 feet in my driveway lol and i have a paved driveway but there is just a bit of ice and that after last snow storm and took me that long to rock it with someone helping me push it to get it over and into garage cause i had it out while i was looking for storage for it for the winter.

A diesel will cost same if not more to maintain then the 10...Coming into the 10 I was not even worried about maintenance cost considering I had a diesel before this truck...16 qts of oil and a $27 oil cartridge, $60 fuel filter $30 secondary fuel filter and the list keeps going with diesel, the 10 is a walk in the park compared to it!
Now the QC tranny just needs small upgrades to bring it up to par for everyday driving, but same can be said about the manual!
BTW this auto in the QC is unlike any other auto you have ever driven!

Last edited:
Carlwalski said:
In my opinion, it sounds like you are leaning QC, so QC it is. You have a mean weapon to go rowing your gears in with the ACR. If you really want fun, take that for a blast. Traction in the QC can't be too bad. With the right (cheap) suspension mods (lowering kit) some 45 series tires you'll be fine with a bolt on engine. My RC is an auto and it hauls and hooks hard with every bolt on you can get (Est. 480-500rwhp). I have other manual cars to get my groove on and as you put it, I wanted something straight line quick and consistent, plus cruisy when I want it to be. Hard decision for you but for a daily driver that can haul, there really is nothing better designed out there for your needs than a Quad Cab SRT/10 Ram. ;)

2c

X2...

I'm in the same boat... plenty of stick cars to go blast through the gears with when I want to do that.

I bought my QC about a year ago specifically b/c it had the extra seating room + an auto trans. With just a good tune + CAI, it runs great for a daily driver. Not the fastest thing in the world, but if I need something faster, I can go get in something else in my garage.

Find a clean, low mileage QC and I think you'll be really happy with it.

Funny you bring this up as I am in the same boat. I have a silver 2005 QC lowered 2'', rear cats removed and a tune and it's a blast.

Anyway I want another 10 and I'm really leaning towards another QC. First off, you can haul friends, which is a total blast when you floor it and the heads smack off the back glass. Second, you can haul with it. I just haul my 2 quads on a lightweight trailer but it hauls great. And to those who say a RC can haul... tell that to the police and insurance company if you were ever to get in an accident, and God forbid if someone got hurt. Just because it "can" haul something, doesn't make it legal. And last but not least, I think the RC just looks weird.

I do drive mine in the snow, not the best thing in the world, but it works.

-charlie

Just remember the record is held by a Q/C.....:burnout:
10.72 @ 121/mph.

321723.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
redice2 said:
mine doesn't know what traction is when it comes to the snow and ice i just spent an hour trying to move the truck less than 30 feet in my driveway lol and i have a paved driveway but there is just a bit of ice and that after last snow storm and took me that long to rock it with someone helping me push it to get it over and into garage cause i had it out while i was looking for storage for it for the winter.

lol same issue here to put it away. i used second gear :p :p :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back