DC Performance

bigike said:
what were the #'s before??????????? lol

I think we are making a huge mistake putting catch cans in these daily drivers and doing away with the pcv system.

Is it leaking any oil out of any gaskets? If its smoking and leaking it has to be crankcase pressure.

630's HP
650's TQ

No leaking from what I can tell... just smoke.

LoveThisTruck said:
So you agree that this could be the problem?? I really hope it is.

My valve covers are going to have to be tapped, so I'll probably buy the catch can from DC and let them take care of buisness.

It could be...most engines on Deceleration will puff a little oil because the engine is sucking hard as the rpm drop quickly...but solid engines should not be producing much oil smoke in acceleration. The pressure could be the problem...

Besides...catch cans look kewl!

bigike said:
what were the #'s before??????????? lol

I think we are making a huge mistake putting catch cans in these daily drivers and doing away with the pcv system.

Is it leaking any oil out of any gaskets? If its smoking and leaking it has to be crankcase pressure.
elaborate...mistakes:dontknow: :dontknow:

OK on a better note, they had this sweet ass Hurst Challey:rock:

CIMG0219.jpg

CIMG0218.jpg

CIMG0217.jpg

I never had a problem with the truck loosing oil...matter of fact I never had to add any between changes...:dontknow: It would blacken the exhaust tips after some miles on it, or @ WOT produce some light smoke...but it was never very bad...and certainly not enough to notice a loss on the dipstick after sitting for a few.:dontknow:
Now there may be some sitting in the exhaust/cat's (rich tune after the new build)that needs to be burned off....but that should have cleaned up after a few miles on her.:dontknow:
Hang in there...DC will get her right.;) :D
She sounded great in the vid:rock: :rock:
Hang in there :D

that forged motor still need some miles to seat the rings. Even so with forged slugs "in theory" they dont expand under heat as much as the stockers so that will another reason for more blowby gasses. a properly designed pcv system so fix this. Some thing that feeds the vapor back into the intake tract

NBT said:
I never had a problem with the truck loosing oil...matter of fact I never had to add any between changes...:dontknow: It would blacken the exhaust tips after some miles on it, or @ WOT produce some light smoke...but it was never very bad...and certainly not enough to notice a loss on the dipstick after sitting for a few.:dontknow:
Now there may be some sitting in the exhaust/cat's (rich tune after the new build)that needs to be burned off....but that should have cleaned up after a few miles on her.:dontknow:
Hang in there...DC will get her right.;) :D
She sounded great in the vid:rock: :rock:
Hang in there :D

I've never noticed any loss on the dipstick either. I definatly notice the large clouds of black smoke lol

FerrariTruck said:
that forged motor still need some miles to seat the rings. Even so with forged slugs "in theory" they dont expand under heat as much as the stockers so that will another reason for more blowby gasses. a properly designed pcv system so fix this. Some thing that feeds the vapor back into the intake tract

The motor has close to 2k miles since the build:dontknow: and it was happening before the build

DC is as good as it gets...if it can be identified, they will do so.

LoveThisTruck said:
The motor has close to 2k miles since the build:dontknow: and it was happening before the build

There is likely very many variables that contribute to this issue. I think its no secret that this issue is very familiar amongst the "ROE'd" trucks.

If anything give the motor 5k miles of street drving to let the motor seat. I would also advise you to try a different motor oil. From my experience esp on high rev/ forced induction motors I will use nothing else then castrol 10/60 blend used exclusively on the bmw M motors (m3, m5 etc)
When I install my ROE I'm gonna fab up a pcv system using bmw parts. The oil seperator they use works very well and I fiqure its worth a try. Another plus is you wont have to empty the oil reservoir bottle anymore and it will just drain right back into the oil sump. Hell in the future when I get my hands on a bad block I will also look into putting together and dual oil pump system using m5 oil pumps to create steady pressure AND volume that these motors desperately need to spin tp 6k safely.

I think i've said to much....I'll just post up as it comes along

damn it brad... the good news is the smokes black thats fuel.....mine smokes white.... but shit man....your motor just needs more seat time i think......i hope everything works out for you.... you have a warrenty on it so thats good ! lol

It smokes white too... you can see it in the vid. Then it will let out the occasional puff of black smoke:dontknow:

LoveThisTruck said:
It smokes white too... you can see it in the vid. Then it will let out the occasional puff of black smoke:dontknow:

the black smoke is just fuel. I'm sure its pretty normal when adjusting the fuel trim on the fly

FerrariTruck said:
the black smoke is just fuel. I'm sure its pretty normal when adjusting the fuel trim on the fly

It does it on the street as well.... before and after build... before and after DC tune.

Justin (arrestmered04) thought I blew the motor one day going down the track. She let out a huge puff of dark black smoke.:dontknow:

i didnt see anything to be alarmed by on the video. run alittle nitrous threw the intake while at the track,,,,should clean out any black crap in your exhaust:D

lightninquick said:
i didnt see anything to be alarmed by on the video. run alittle nitrous threw the intake while at the track,,,,should clean out any black crap in your exhaust:D
i like the way this guy thinks!:D

The catch can should take care of that little bit of white smoke. I'm not gonna worry about the black smoke:dontknow: It was doing it before, and the old/stock pistons look fine. Screw it lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back