Dealer eyeballing the 10

I had the owner of Grapevine Dodge call me and ask me to sell my truck to him, so I went up there and they offered 8K. I laughed and demanded my keys back and left. They call me every two months asking to sell her. SMH

now that sounds like fun, lmao:rock:

next time they call ya tell them ya know of a red Viper Truck out of Dallas:D

It's simple. Dealers have access to the DMV. They also have access to the names, address, and types of vehicles owned by the general population. They are not specifically looking for an SRT-10. What they are looking for is a customer who is driving a older vehicle, invite them into the dealership and try and sell them a new car/truck. They do not care what you are driving, how many miles, the year, its rarity... anything. Their one and only concern is to drive traffic into the dealership... Ask me how I know?

I am a sales manager at a large franchised car dealership (no not dodge) and we use that method at least 3 times per month to drive good traffic. It works. Most people believe the hype and will come in and look around or enter the buying cycle earlier than intended. It's called Direct Mail. Dealer's typically outsource the Direct Mail to smaller companies who are good at locating specific buyers in certain locations, with certain median incomes, estimated credit scores... ect...In a large population, the results are usually quite good.

Keep your truck because you enjoy it.

2 cents...

its real hard to resist sometimes not to have a bit of fun at the dealership, lol.

just askin, ya sayin they did not know what was sittin in front of their faces???

i would be pissed if was just a Ram 1500 & they low balled the shit out of it at that offer

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back