Dealer wanted me to trade my 10 today

oldcolt

Striker Heads and Cam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For this:

picture.php

Dealers are getting smart about the 10's now while they can still buy them cheap and sell them high. The market value on these trucks has gone up slowly but surely. I predict these trucks all though higher in production numbers, can have the same effect in value as the 1969 Daytona Charger in time. But a hellcat wouldn't be a bad trade if you're into it.

No.....

The fact that it is sitting on the showroom floor, tells me the "dealer adjusted price", is clearly unwarranted.

Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge says that his next 2 years of Hellcat allocation is booked solid, paid for, ready to go... They are highly desirable apparently.

Any dealer will want you to trade anything you drive in there with, if it means driving out with a vehicle off their lot. They ain't doin' anyone any favors.

The dealership I bought my truck from sent me a letter that they wanted to buy my truck back from me without obligation to purchase anything from them and above market value. Since I still have the extended warranty on it from when I first bought it in 2011, and had to take it in for my rpm needle sticking some time ago...someone from there must have seen it and liked it enough to go through the trouble of reaching out by mail after I wouldn't return their phone calls or emails for months now. I'm certain someone is just hoping it breaks down on me so I can drive it in to the lot again.

Lol. Dealers send these out for every vehicle. Gets ya excited at first till u realize it's all massed produced.

Lol. Dealers send these out for every vehicle. Gets ya excited at first till u realize it's all massed produced.

+1

They even have commericals saying we will buy your vehicle at full retail price as our used vehicle inventory is getting low and we need more cars.

Just bait to get you in so they can try to sell you some other car. Dealers make all there money from selling used vehicles, profit margins on new cars are paper thin.

This may be true. But believe me gentlemen,... Hold on to your trucks. They will only get more sought after and go up in value as time passes. Dealerships are just the beginning. In a few years, you'll have collectibles hunters bidding offers on what you have. Unless SRT decides to bring this model back, which I doubt... You'll have a piece of Detroit history in your driveway. Remember you have the fastest production truck in existence to date. Still reigning champion for almost 12 years now. :burnout:

This may be true. But believe me gentlemen,... Hold on to your trucks. They will only get more sought after and go up in value as time passes. Dealerships are just the beginning. In a few years, you'll have collectibles hunters bidding offers on what you have. Unless SRT decides to bring this model back, which I doubt... You'll have a piece of Detroit history in your driveway. Remember you have the fastest production truck in existence to date. Still reigning champion for almost 12 years now. :burnout:

very true

They are going up. Right after the big gas hike they crashed big time. I found a black RC with 22000 miles on a dealer lot in 2009 for $19.5k.
Bought mine after some negotiations for 22k in 2013. Autotrader is averaging 24k now. Slowly but surely. At this rate it'll be back to sticker price in 50 years lol.

I agree about the value is on the upswing in the near future which is why I say now is the time to buy if you're in the market for these trucks.. they are feasible for an average person to buy if they can live with the maintenance and mileage. I brought mine to a local show this weekend and I was asked about my mileage. when I told them 15-16mph with city and highway driving they all said that it's not that bad considering the kind of truck it is. my dads half ton v8 ford only gets about 2-3 more mpg than mine and it literally has half the horsepower of my truck. if I could afford it id cut mine loose for a hellcat challenger though lol .

I heard a rumor that the dealer has added $30k to the sticker on this Hellcat. Not bad for adding tinted film to the side windows. :chain:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back