Dealership broke my truck!!

You guys need to chill the hell out. First of all, 2004 cam gears coming loose is a WELL KNOWN ISSUE. This is nothing more than a hell of a coincidence. They did not need to touch the cam sensor for this to happen. Bolt came loose, gear whacked sensor, case closed. This is probably an engine that was part of the TSB/recall, and it was never done. You caught it early, this is not a big deal. New sensor, clean out the crank case, replace the timing set if damaged, new timing gear bolts with Red loctite, and new gaskets... good as new and will not repeat. The timing cover looks fine, that "scrape" is a machining mark, and is on ALL covers. You can still see the tool marks from the end mill that put it there.

Now, so far as the wheel is concerned, yes, that is absolutely their fault. However, we aren't talking an accident here, that is more than likely a mark from the wheel hitting their lift, as evident by the blue paint. If they have blue lifts, you know what happened.

seethrough said:
Truck tire hitting the lift is BS!. I would make sure the dealership treats you fairly and in the same manner as you would treat someone. They seem to be accepting the fault but that is only the first step. They need to ensure that the "free" repairs are not done by the kid that sweeps the floor so they can get out from under the problem cheaply. I would take the truck to another dealership following the repAirs and have them ensure they were done correctly.

Happens a lot, believe it or not. Some techs are just stupid lazy and don't care, when they drive a vehicle on a lift. Been in dealership for the last 20 years and have seen it a bunch.

they still sheared off the cam sensor they attempted to install.they set it to deep! it wasn't like that when you brought it there! they should not be charging you for the teardown.

This 100%!! They fubared the cam sensor therefore needing the teardown that was performed to remove the shrapnel!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
they still sheared off the cam sensor they attempted to install.they set it to deep! it wasn't like that when you brought it there! they should not be charging you for the teardown.

This 100%!! They fubared the cam sensor therefore needing the teardown that was performed to remove the shrapnel!!:D

I agree with ya too 100%, they are suppose to be the pro's, it shouldn't have happened cause they are suppose to be trained that stuff! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back