Dealership broke my truck!!

Stone MD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, I got a call from the dealership telling me that the cam shaft sensor was broke off during a test drive. I have never heard or read anything like this happening. They will not take responsiblity saying that there is a bigger problem. It was in for a PCM diagnosis and software flash. Now the cam shaft housing needs to come off to find all the magnetic bits of sensor. They offered to do the work at a reduced rate. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Thats bs ,sounds to me that they were trying to adjust the sensor in and went to far and the rasied part on cam gear sheared it off ,,

Thats bs ,sounds to me that they were trying to adjust the sensor in and went to far and the rasied part on cam gear sheared it off ,,

Exactly what I was thinking, someone effed up and they're trying to play you as a fool. It would be the same as they took a tire off put it back on without putting the lugs on drive it, wheel falls off and you have to fix it. It's their negligence that led to the break down not yours.

Instead of asking us, you might want to contact a lawyer and find out what the law is in Canada. Here it's considered a Bailment and can be problamatic depending on how it is presented. Canada may look at it different

was it "Viper Tech???"

Demand they step up and take responsibility.

Not a Viper tech. All I needed was for them to flash the PCM and trouble shoot. As for lawyers, well, that is not something I would use as a last resort. I will be talking with them tomorrow. Also they damaged a rim and tire.

Attachments

• P1000216.JPG
    P1000216.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 155
  • P1000217.JPG
    P1000217.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 184
Man sounds like they owe you a new rim and some free labor. Good luck sorting that stuff out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rim, Tire, Sensor and Labor, I would settle for nothing less.

I'm thinking an entire engine, no way in hell they'll be able to get all the pieces of that sensor out of there, just takes 1 small piece to stop up an oil galley and then your REALLY screwed

Damn, they test drove your truck like they stole it. I would have them fix it and obviously never go back to them for work.

WOW....

Thats not good, they were without question hot rodding it

Not only that, when I had the truck towed there was 2 long black burnouts tracks, about 305 in size. I am angry!!!!

They test drove your **** and beat the balls off of it and lost control and hit a curb before they blew it up on you! I'd have the police there in the AM. to file a report and get to the "real" story! Good Luck!

People think I'm crazy because with any vehicle I've owned if it needed to go to the dealership or mechanic for repairs I always wait with it unless it's something that is going to take more than a day, and especially now with owning the 10. I've sat and waited hours before, but I do that so as to prevent them deciding to take off in it on their lunch break or some other kind of something they shouldn't be doing. IIRC, another member on here had his truck flipped by the dealership because they went out on a joy ride for lunch break or something like that.

They test drove your **** and beat the balls off of it and lost control and hit a curb before they blew it up on you! I'd have the police there in the AM. to file a report and get to the "real" story! Good Luck!

That's exactly what happened and that's exactly what I would do, I would not settle for anything less than a new motor. 1 little piece will knock that baby out of commission in a heat beat

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back