Dealership broke my truck!!

I hope they don't break the cover trying to pry it off. They are giving you tires for burning rubber??

Make sure they know about having to remove the pickup tube from inside the oilpan to get the cover off or they will **** that up to!!

you need to press hard on them! looks like they were running it hard and lost control. i think they should be responsible for all damages substained. judging by that rim they lost control spun and hit a curb hard

They will try to tell you the cam gear was falling off and that's why the sensor sheared off! You will need them to save all old parts for inspection and pictures for proof if they try to ding you with the repair bill!

I just talked with the service manager and he would like to pull the cam cover off and make sure it was there mistake. If it is a cam problem, then I pay. If its their screw up they will fix it. They are going to repair the rim and replace the tire, if they can find one. If not they will replace 2. I feel better. So should I let them have a second chance?

Is the person that did it fired??? If not, then no, don't give them a second chance.

Why are they no replacing the rim? Just a ?

They will repair the rim. The company they will be sending it to does good work. I have had them do work for me in the past.

I would be getting axel checked too, could be bent! Second chance so they smash it up next time?? I wouldn't leave it there!! What dealership is it at??
I wouldn't let them short cut anything, replace the wheel not repair it!! Make them pay dearly!!

Last edited:
I ask because I hit a curb and had a scuff like that. The damage was greater than it appeared

Boy been reading all of these posts..defintely an eye opener when taking your vehicle in to a dealership..or in this case a destroyership. I certainally wouldn't give them a second chance..plus I would post a review on that dealership if indeed they were hot rodding around in it. Good luck on your resolution.

Which reminds me I have a appointment at my local Dodge dealer this Saturday for some work..maybe I'll just take a nap in it while they work on it..:idea:

I just talked with the service manager and he would like to pull the cam cover off and make sure it was there mistake. If it is a cam problem, then I pay. If its their screw up they will fix it. They are going to repair the rim and replace the tire, if they can find one. If not they will replace 2. I feel better. So should I let them have a second chance?

I wouldn't because honestly who says they're going to be honest about it? It's an old salesman trick they teach you, give them something that in the end your gonna have to give them anyways to make them feel comfortable, make them feel like your not out for your own interest but their's and then take them for a fool. I work with people who do that everyday.

To add, cause this just hit me, why not see if they will allow you to take it to another shop to see whose at fault?

Last edited:
If I were in your shoes, i would try and remain calm, and let them try and rectify this nitemare. After all, you don't seem to have much recourse. Riddle me this (would diagnostics tell any kind of story ?). I feel 4 u

Let them do it, I'm sure not everyone at the dealership is a asshole like whoever was driving. I'm sure they won't let this happen again. But a couple pointers:

1. Ensure they know how to remove the front cover (the oil pan must come off first)
2. Make sure they check the axle flange to ensure it is not bent.

Man if I were y'all id demand new rubber, rims, alignment, cps, and if the cam gear is damaged have em put a whole new bumpstick in it. I wouldn't try and get the guy fired tho. Work is too hard to find these days. If they don't agree tell em you'll talk to a lawyer. I wouldn't worry bout goin too far. They're corporate. Make em suffer.

Man if I were y'all id demand new rubber, rims, alignment, cps, and if the cam gear is damaged have em put a whole new bumpstick in it. I wouldn't try and get the guy fired tho. Work is too hard to find these days. If they don't agree tell em you'll talk to a lawyer. I wouldn't worry bout goin too far. They're corporate. Make em suffer.

Work is hard to find, which is why the person that damaged the truck should have been more careful. I would ask that he be relieved of his duties permanently. Dealerships aren't corporate they are franchised small businesses, some bigger than others.

I wouldn't worry bout goin too far. They're corporate.

I'm disappointed in you, Randall. First you say jobs are hard to find, then you say it's OK to stick it to them because "they are corporate". This mentality is one of the reasons corporations move jobs overseas, downsize, etc, making jobs "hard to find".

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back