Dealership oil change?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
dam you guys are payin alot, my dealer does me for $76 without me going and getting my own oil:dontknow:

They must like me or somethin:D
Or they may be topping you off with the brand of oil that just says (OIL) on the can..:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Chuck B said:
The factory scissor jack actually works well,however,never ever crawl up under a vehicle without stands.

Yup, jack stands are a requirement. Just returned with better stands...I had four from Harbor Freight...and have never really trusted them...so I just got back with two really great stands (two tons each)...now I feel better...

Just how long do I have to wait for the wife to buy that lift for me?

venom 1 said:
Or they may be topping you off with the brand of oil that just says (OIL) on the can..:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Nope im always in the shop helpin with the change and watchin tooooo:D
My truck doesnt pull in unless im standing right by it :marchmellow:

oil cooler lines 86 bucks at the dealer the tool to change them 5.27
oil 56.76 mobil 1 10w40 @walmart
filter 5.27 mopar filter also @walmart
i just did mine about 12mins ago
toal time to do all about an 1 1/2 hours
btw the dealer is goin or is goin to try to charge you an hour labor to replace the lines so figure around 90 -116 bucks to change them

Last edited:
Go buy the oil and take it with you when you have them replace the lines. If I am not mistaken, they will need to drain the oil in order to replace them. If you have $$$ and depending on your warranty situation, I would consider Stinkers lines. Oh and the oil filter at my dealer was something like 5 or 6 bucks. I take my own oil and they charged around $15, including the filter.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
dam you guys are payin alot, my dealer does me for $76 without me going and getting my own oil:dontknow:

They must like me or somethin:D
Here's an update for ya, Chrysler's contract with Mobil is over, they are beginning to swich to Shell:mad: Which means Mobil will begin to cost more through the dealership:mad: I just had mine changed 2 days ago, I got a hook up, but it will be selling for more like 11-12 bucks here per quart before long. So my advice is if you aren't gonna watch em, they will put Pennzoil in your motor:mad: So bring your own oil:dontknow:

FastRam said:
Go buy the oil and take it with you when you have them replace the lines. If I am not mistaken, they will need to drain the oil in order to replace them. If you have $$$ and depending on your warranty situation, I would consider Stinkers lines. Oh and the oil filter at my dealer was something like 5 or 6 bucks. I take my own oil and they charged around $15, including the filter.
Looks like Im gonna buy the oil, have them replace the lines under warranty and do the oil when their done..I just hate taking my truck to the dealership for anything if you know what Im saying..Last time I had my 01 off road ram there they charged me for a new drive shaft, they said it was bent:confused: I had bad vibration coming from the rear end..Turned out it was the pinion bearing and diff that needed replaced..I didnt even make it out of the parking lot w/ the new drive shaft when I noticed the same sound coming from the rear end 600$ later...I pulled a 180 in the dealership parking lot smoking the shit out of the tires...You should of seen the look on a couple of the salesman's faces that were with customers out in their lot, went back into the dealership steaming and they ended up totally overhauling the rearend and leaving the shiny new driveshaft on my truck, all yeah, and the diff, and all the bearing were all covered under warranty, go figure..That's just one good reason I hate dealing w/ those people..thx for listening:D

robjon96 said:
jacks, jacks stands, ramps? just slither under there! thats what i do...

You damed flat bellied limber backs!

I can get down and get under there...but it takes an hour to get back up!

venom 1 said:
Looks like Im gonna buy the oil, have them replace the lines under warranty and do the oil when their done..I just hate taking my truck to the dealership for anything if you know what Im saying..Last time I had my 01 off road ram there they charged me for a new drive shaft, they said it was bent:confused: I had bad vibration coming from the rear end..Turned out it was the pinion bearing and diff that needed replaced..I didnt even make it out of the parking lot w/ the new drive shaft when I noticed the same sound coming from the rear end 600$ later...I pulled a 180 in the dealership parking lot smoking the shit out of the tires...You should of seen the look on a couple of the salesman's faces that were with customers out in their lot, went back into the dealership steaming and they ended up totally overhauling the rearend and leaving the shiny new driveshaft on my truck, all yeah, and the diff, and all the bearing were all covered under warranty, go figure..That's just one good reason I hate dealing w/ those people..thx for listening:D

I hear ya on the dealer -- some are good, some are bad. If I was you, I would try and hang out in the shop while they worked on your truck -- or at least stand back by the garage door or somewhere where they will see you -- keep 'em honest ;)

Prof said:
You damed flat bellied limber backs!

I can get down and get under there...but it takes an hour to get back up!

i will agree getting back up is the hardest part! again i am only 22 so it is a little easier for me possibly :marchmellow:

robjon96 said:
Are you lowered, hell I will give it a shot in the spring and see if my fat arsss can fit

My parts guys charge like $10 bucks a quart for mobil 1. I laughed my ass off when I heard what they charged. I explained to them that I could go to advance and buy it for $6 bucks a quart. I recommend buying your own oil and just pay the $12 bucks for labor. Its worth it.

robjon96 said:

Have you been to a get together?! I never saw so many beer bellies congregated in one area! Most of the guys couldn't fit under a RAM diesel 4x4 thats been lifted!! ;)

GADodgetech said:
My parts guys charge like $10 bucks a quart for mobil 1. I laughed my ass off when I heard what they charged. I explained to them that I could go to advance and buy it for $6 bucks a quart. I recommend buying your own oil and just pay the $12 bucks for labor. Its worth it.

12 bucks for labor?

Around here $100 to $130 an hour is normal...where are you in Georgia...Vidalia?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back