Dealership oil change?

venom 1 said:
That's alot in my opinion, Buying all the supplies yourself would be around 80$ I would say...correct me if im wrong??

Costs me exactly $63.95 each time I do it myself (that includes oil and filter). I get the proper 9 qts. of M1, use a little over 8.5 qts. and I get the Mopar OEM filter from Wal-mart for like $4 or $5.00. In fact I bought 10 filters at one time from Wal-mart to have them on hand since the stealership will charge almost 12 bucks for one filter. Invest in a good floor jack and a couple jack stands for safety reasons and you're all set.

Demon, the stands and floor jack purchase is a one time thing. It beats paying $120.00+ every time you go to the dealer.

So you see, the stealership WILL rape you.. No police report, no hospital visit, no counseling, no condom, :dontknow: no Vaseline.

Last edited:
When I had mine changed they had to add three quarts which was part of the cost of replacing the lines per warranty. It took the tech maybe an hour to change them out. I heard that eventually the lines will leak again and I have also heard the new lines have a better design to them.... who knows...it was free and I'm under warranty till 80K. I took the free lines and figured if it happened again then maybe I would consider Stinks line so I don't have to visit that place that makes me want to buy another car. Cheers and good luck with your leaky lines!

Before I lowered my truck it was the easiest oil change vehicle I have ever owned. Now that is lowered, I just jack it up, slide a jack stand under it and change the oil. Why pay $100 or more. Its so simple on this truck.

patrick

i cant justify paying someone to change my oil. i can slide under my front bumper without lifting the truck up. :D

Prof said:
12 bucks for labor?

Around here $100 to $130 an hour is normal...where are you in Georgia...Vidalia?
We charge $85 bucks an hour labor, My dealer is really small. I live in Kingsland, Probaly about 40-50 thousand people live in this area.

$130, does that come with Vaseline?:bootyshake: I am the only one that wrenches on my truck unless it comes to something like an alignment or paint work. Oil change takes like 30 minutes. That includes jacking it up, putting it on stands, draining the oil, filling and filter change. Then about another 10 minutes of clean-up.

-Muzzy

Prof said:
Hell it takes me thirty minutes to get off the creeper!

Yeah, it is getting harder for me to get off the ground. I didn't say how much Ibuprofen I had to take went I was done...:D

-Muzzy

Stealership oil changes

Mine have been running right at $150. However, if you have an '04, it only takes 8.5 quarts. They'll argue with you a lot and swear that it takes almost 11 because that's what the online manual says and it couldn't possibly be overly generalized and hence, charge you for the 11 quarts. If that's the case, be sure to point out the rather high oil mark on the dipstick and ask them to charge you only for 9 quarts.

('04s have a smaller oil cooler than the others, hence the 2 quarts less oil)

Chuck B said:
Have you been to a get together?! I never saw so many beer bellies congregated in one area! Most of the guys couldn't fit under a RAM diesel 4x4 thats been lifted!! ;)
Rude Bastige!!!:p :p :p :p :p

I absolutely hate getting under my truck and it's stock...Im 180 w/no beer gut..I almost had a panic attack when I was under there:p Coulnd't imagine wedging a beer gut under there:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back