Dealership trying to buy your 10's back?

Far2Quik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a hand written note from a Dodge dealer today wanting to buy back my 10 saying they needed it and had a rather aggressive offer for me haha. Some people's kids.

Dealers are hell bent on moving new stock. I know of someone that got a call from the dealer they bought a Ford Fiesta from 2 years ago. It isn't about the dealer wanting an SRT 10.

It's them putting you in a BRAND NEW vehicle. Any trade either goes to their stock or straight to auction...a no lose for the dealer.

I know. I just found it funny that it was hand written. Figured I'd share it with you guys. They can't have my precious.

Nooooope. Truck only has around 24k on it. I'm good.

Now if they get around to making that RamCat they talked about for 2017 and it's offered in a single cab 6spd. I might just have to follow that yellow brick road.

Advertising companies have printers now that can write thousands of letters using a Bic pen. They aren't "hand written". They are just written using a pen and not a typical printer.

And yes, dealers do not care what you are driving. There only concern is selling new cars.

Advertising companies have printers now that can write thousands of letters using a Bic pen. They aren't "hand written". They are just written using a pen and not a typical printer.

And yes, dealers do not care what you are driving. There only concern is selling new cars.

If they used it the fuckers are crafty, it even had a finger smudge in the ink.

If they used it the fuckers are crafty, it even had a finger smudge in the ink.

With True-Car and all the other internet pricing providers, it is becoming increasingly hard for dealers to be profitable.

They have to be crafty to stay alive.

You cannot buy a product from the factory for $10 and sell it for $8 and expect to stay in business.

That is what's happening to the car business. Dealers pay retail to the factory, and then wholesale their new cars to the public.

Volume is key. Dealers get $$$ based on volume per unit sold. All the old car dogs are gone. The car business is evolving into a service industry. The last bastion of pure capitalism is dying.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back