decent 1/8 mile times?

My best so far is 7.43 @ 92 mph, stock engine, bolt-ons, and weight reduction(about 830 lbs so far). Race weight is 4170 lbs @ 1/4 tank and without me in it. Runs are NA, no nitrous or forced induction. The 1/4 mile time on that run was 11.631@ 117.99.

My best so far is 7.43 @ 92 mph, stock engine, bolt-ons, and weight reduction(about 830 lbs so far). Race weight is 4170 lbs @ 1/4 tank and without me in it. Runs are NA, no nitrous or forced induction. The 1/4 mile time on that run was 11.631@ 117.99.

That's flyin. Good run. My best is a 8.7 in the 1/8...............that's also full weight (spare tire, tonneau cover, carpet bedliner, 1/2 tank of gas, etc..) and a big slow quad cab

Last edited:
Here's a video of a truck with somewhat your same specs in the 1/4 and he also got beat down by the L's!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GxWfo_PY_w]Lightnings Beatdown the Ram Srt10's - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the same truck running down a 1/4 mile track with DR's:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TomEdOwWfWQ]Drag Racing at the Famoso Raceway TNT on Feb 9 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

This was my best run, still a little wheel spin but but can't expect much more out of the 8 year pirelli's.

SRT-10 Ram MP Dragway - YouTube

Went back this weekend when their 1/4 mile was working-did a little better. I think I screwed up when I rotated the tires tho and I can't make any sense of it. The rear tires were bald in the first video, so I rotated them (the fronts had about half left on them) and spun just as much, if not more than the first time.

SRT-10 & F-150 - YouTube

Doesn't matter how much tread is on them, when they are that old they are hard and brittle, even without cracking. Ditch them for some fresh tires ASAP! You will gain a tremendous amount of traction.

I still have not been able to launch well even on DR's (60' @ 1.94). I need to shed more weight before I go back to the track (tonneau is finally going to come off, hopefully that will help). Best 1/8 is 8.184 @ 86.4... which was a 12.71 @ 108 in the 1/4.

Took my truck to the 1/8 mile track since its the only one around here for the first time. Wondering if my times were very decent. My is basically stock with full exhaust and volant cai.

first run was 9.29
second was 9.15
Third was 9.20 but I missed 3rd bad.

all these runs I was racing a lighting that put down 456rwhp/498rwtq on street tires. He would always pass me bout half way down the track. The last one I knew I would have had him until that damn miss. He ran a 9.09 that run.

did get to run a gtr...blew my doors off haha

You still have the truck? would love to have another ram owner tag along for some races around omaha.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back