Decisions...decisions...

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day chaps. I am quite the indecisive type so I have to seek some advice/recommendations on my next steps.

Background:
2004 SRT 10 RC purchased about 4 months ago (8000 miles), with only a Magnaflow muffler and Ground Effects kit. I am a speed/adrenaline junky so I need more, the highest HP/speed bargin (I like the truck but also wanted a used Viper). I got on the track (1/4 mile) for the first time last weekend and I plan to run road course also; either one, once a week minimum. And I usually only drive the truck on the street on weekends. My funds are limited at the moment so I have come up with following options:

A) Supercharger with all necessities < $10K. Keep truck.
B) NA upgrades - intake, headers, computer, etc < $5K. Trade truck in 1-2 years.
C) Keep truck as is. Trade truck in 1-2 years (crave more power/speed); perhaps buy a bike or ATV until then.

Let me know what yall think; giving me the best bang for my buck and adrenaline fullfillment.

Thanks!

best bang like he said is yank out double cats ,,go with 3in mids without cats or at least high flow cats

Sell the truck and buy something else. The truck weighs too much to ever be fast enough on your budget (maybe on any budget). You're starting at a severe disadvantage especially for road racing.

for fun get a motor powered skate board ,,you talk about scary ,,

Like they said, get rid of the cats.... get a good tune, and a B&M shifter. It'll feel like a whole new beast:rock:

If you're gonna keep the truck, and decide to go with a SC or turbos, do your engine build before. Too many motors blowing up lately:(

Get rid of the cats...get SCT Tuner with flash...172 degree stat......start with these and see what you think..if you go any further you will need to forge the bottom end as Prof says...

Do full exhaust, heads, cam, tune and 4:56 gears. You'll be making 550rwhp all day long. You'll be right around 5K.

Best of luck.

paint it black it will go faster lol,,i did not see you have an 04 i would change rear end first cheap upgrade ,,you have only a 410 in the 04

Last edited:
ChrisAZ said:
Sell the truck and buy something else. The truck weighs too much to ever be fast enough on your budget (maybe on any budget). You're starting at a severe disadvantage especially for road racing.

Good point. I will only be doing "open track" road racing but would like to officially compete at some point.

Ironhead said:
paint it black it will go faster lol,,i did not see you have an 04 i would change rear end first cheap upgrade ,,you have only a 410 in the 04

LOL...it is black, I just need to tint the windows :p

LitemUp said:
Do full exhaust, heads, cam, tune and 4:56 gears. You'll be making 550rwhp all day long. You'll be right around 5K.

Best of luck.

Does this include headers?

That much would include headers. I think it'll be about $1k-$1.5k more than $5k. Especially if you pay someone to do the work, then it'll be about $7.5k.

did you get heads you bought to work right yet ,,been thinking on that mod but i have heard everyone has tuning problems,,36 more posts and im a senior,,do i get the senior discount like fatjack gets at dennys lol

Ironhead said:
did you get heads you bought to work right yet ,,been thinking on that mod but i have heard everyone has tuning problems,,36 more posts and im a senior,,do i get the senior discount like fatjack gets at dennys lol

No I havent. Truck is at a friends speed shop. He has SCT software. He cant tune but will data log my truck to see what he finds.

Like I've said to a few people here. Get a beater truck and a...

hayabusa-bro.jpg
That should tweak your small penile issues...:dontknow: :p
Once you start on these, cars and trucks will never be fast enough...:burnout:

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
you mean like a beater truck like your red 10 lol

Don't be hate'n on the RED 10s...:dontknow:

My scooter is black!!! I didn't want a fast one...:p :D

The Itch said:
Like I've said to a few people here. Get a beater truck and a...

hayabusa-bro.jpg

That should tweak your small penile issues...:dontknow: :p
Once you start on these, cars and trucks will never be fast enough...:burnout:

I wish I did have small penile issues, this gearhead stuff is much more expensive than male enhancement pills and extenders...LOL. :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back