Decisions...decisions...

riley6 said:
I wish I did have small penile issues, this gearhead stuff is much more expensive than male enhancement pills and extenders...LOL. :p

WHAT???:rock:

They can do that??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Will they take Viper trucks as a trade in???:eek: :confused:

I'm asking for a freind...;)

The Itch said:
WHAT???:rock:

They can do that??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Will they take Viper trucks as a trade in???:eek: :confused:

I'm asking for a freind...;)

I'm not sure, but I would assume so...probably would even throw in a lifetime supply of KY and Rough Riders :elefant:

Well back to serious matters, it sounds like any mods in excess of 5K, or even 3K, on the 10 is not cost effective for what I am looking for - extreme power/speed potential (sub 4 sec 0-60, 11 sec quarter, road course beast)?

riley6 said:
Well back to serious matters, it sounds like any mods in excess of 5K, or even 3K, on the 10 is not cost effective for what I am looking for - extreme power/speed potential (sub 4 sec 0-60, 11 sec quarter, road course beast)?

Lemme see if I can find Brady's phone number.......

I think it took him about 40-50k to get into the 11's............:dontknow:

D

TNVIPER said:
Pirateman got in the 11s with a NA motor...;)

I couldn't hit the 11's even if it was straight down and I was dropped from a plane with a rolling start...:dontknow: :mad: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: With Nitrous!!!:D

Django said:
Lemme see if I can find Brady's phone number.......

I think it took him about 40-50k to get into the 11's............:dontknow:

D

Uummm...for 40 or 50K, I would buy another car (old Viper).

The Itch said:
I couldn't hit the 11's even if it was straight down and I was dropped from a plane with a rolling start...:dontknow: :mad: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: With Nitrous!!!:D

Well...your truck is red...:dontknow: ;)

If you have an RC, take it lower it , go with long tube headers, no cats, a cat back, b@m shifter, take a spring or two outta the rear spring pack, stay away from any forced induction, get a tuner ONLY if you have a viper tuner near you,if not go with a stage I flash from B@G, put on a cold air induction, and a good cam also.

that will give you all you need for the track, plus make a really nice daily driver, quicker than most cars on the road today

you may also opt for clutch upgrade as the stock one under alot of heat, goes away

riley6 said:
Uummm...for 40 or 50K, I would buy another car (old Viper).

I think the general point here is... your barking up the wrong vehicle for saving money.:dontknow:

Throw a crate 427 in an S-10 and kick some ass!!!:rock:

The Itch said:
I think the general point here is... your barking up the wrong vehicle for saving money.:dontknow:

Just depends on what you want....if I just wanted a super fast vehicle I might buy a 2 yr old Corvette and make it a 10 second car for what I have spent on my 10......and I would just be another Vette around here.....I never pass another vehicle like mine and it is just fun to make Vette owners cry while they watch my tailights cross the finish line at the track.....yep, if you want to be among the fastest then do what everybody does...;)

The Itch said:

The possibilities are endless with most anything; it's how much you have plus how much you want to spend, ie gold-plated toilet seats. I just can't fathom putting 40K in this truck, whether I can or not...

i bought my ten cause i wanted a fast truck ,,if i wanted to out run every thing i would get me an old duster and build the crap out of it ,,,

TNVIPER said:
Just depends on what you want....if I just wanted a super fast vehicle I might buy a 2 yr old Corvette and make it a 10 second car for what I have spent on my 10......and I would just be another Vette around here.....I never pass another vehicle like mine and it is just fun to make Vette owners cry while they watch my tailights cross the finish line at the track.....yep, if you want to be among the fastest then do what everybody does...;)

This is very true, I do like the enigmatic element of our trucks. How much total did you invest in yours?

Dammit, why can't I hit the lottery so I can have a big boy toy collection!

Here is mine at about $68k total:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005” oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250” for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Pushrods: Chrome Moly pushrods used for strength.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Drive Train Modifications:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinker” rear-end with Strange 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.

Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
VEC III Piggyback to PCM tuning module covered by Eddie’s clear box
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
JMB Catch Can (Candy Red)
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Roe Racing Twin Screw Top Mount Supercharger at 5.6 lbs boost
48 lb. per hour injectors
Roe Racing Water/methanol injection

Appearance Modifications:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Stock rims with PermaStar chrome finish by Goodrich
Shorty 9 inch antenna and Fang shift knob by Avondale
JMB Hard Radiator tubes (Candy Red)
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Fang Badges front and rear
Etched Glass “Fang Supercharged” center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike

Last edited:
My gawd Roy, I hope you saved that as a word document so you can copy and paste if you need it again - Very IMPRESSIVE list of mods :rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back