Decisions...decisions...

Prof said:
Here is mine at about $68k total:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005â€￾ oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250â€￾ for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Pushrods: Chrome Moly pushrods used for strength.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Drive Train Modifications:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinkerâ€￾ rear-end with Strange 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.

Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
VEC III Piggyback to PCM tuning module covered by Eddie’s clear box
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
JMB Catch Can (Candy Red)
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Roe Racing Twin Screw Top Mount Supercharger at 5.6 lbs boost
48 lb. per hour injectors
Roe Racing Water/methanol injection

Appearance Modifications:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Stock rims with PermaStar chrome finish by Goodrich
Shorty 9 inch antenna and Fang shift knob by Avondale
JMB Hard Radiator tubes (Candy Red)
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Fang Badges front and rear
Etched Glass “Fang Superchargedâ€￾ center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike
i hope that the original price of your truck purchase is included or is that just mods ??:D

Shut up flying squid. Get your butt home...I don't care how much fun you are having!:D

Whoa, that is quite a list there. What numbers do you get on the dyno? On the track?

Its a street truck...has not been on the dyno yet, getting some break-in miles on it...currently running with the ignition retarded 6 degrees for safety.

Prior to the forged work it put down 620 to the rear wheels...and I maintain that it is a very solid, if not the quickest, strongest and fastest 14 second truck around.

riley6 said:
Whoa, that is quite a list there. What numbers do you get on the dyno? On the track?

He needs to put 500 miles on the build... Should be ready sometime in 2011 for the dyno...:D :D :D

I'll have died of old age by 2011...

But my body is in such good shape, I will still be here lecturing...:argh: :argh: :D

500 miles? Hell I'd do that in a week.

Prof, what is your secret to the wife sponsor? Mine is nice, but I can't get full checkbook dominance or even bike permission.

Back to the headers, it sounds like the cat removal or high-perf cats (emissions testing here) 1st is the ticket? How much more would the headers give ($2K worth it)?

I'm a house husband...I do the nasty stuff and she funds the hobby stuff!

The cat removal will get you 15 to 20 horses...but if you do that there are other considerations:

1. What kind of emissions check...just OBD II, sniffer...mirror check???

2. Be sure to go with three inch mids and a muffler that will not restrict the three inch flow.

3. A great option is electric cut outs...you can have the best of both worlds and if it is just sound that matters...you can crack the cut outs a little to get just the sound you want...and full open exhaust at the track or at the GTG's.

Prof said:
I'm a house husband...I do the nasty stuff and she funds the hobby stuff!

The cat removal will get you 15 to 20 horses...but if you do that there are other considerations:

1. What kind of emissions check...just OBD II, sniffer...mirror check???

2. Be sure to go with three inch mids and a muffler that will not restrict the three inch flow.

3. A great option is electric cut outs...you can have the best of both worlds and if it is just sound that matters...you can crack the cut outs a little to get just the sound you want...and full open exhaust at the track or at the GTG's.

I see; we both work (she makes more) and my main functions are only the lawn and trash so maybe my deal is ok.

I believe they use the OBD II system here, on cars after 95 or so.

As far as the sound, I ultimately want the dragster spit and crackle sound; achieved by heads and cams? Although the Magnaflow does sound good.

You can pass the OBD II test with cats deleted...done right there will be no code.

Be careful in searching for sound like any V-8...it just won't happen...its like trying to make a Busa sound like a Harley...just will never happen. Listen to some of the Viper cars on YouTube...there is no crackle or spit...you can get to a throaty throb, but you have to "swallow" to get there!

Prof said:
You can pass the OBD II test with cats deleted...done right there will be no code.

Be careful in searching for sound like any V-8...it just won't happen...its like trying to make a Busa sound like a Harley...just will never happen. Listen to some of the Viper cars on YouTube...there is no crackle or spit...you can get to a throaty throb, but you have to "swallow" to get there!

Yes I was referencing the Viper youtube videos, I guess I had my doh mixed up with the ray-me :p

mauiSRT/10 said:
Good luck choosing your path. I have been very happy with my mods (in sig).

patrick

Thanks. As with many of us, I just want it done yesterday :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back