Deepest Exhaust

4to10cyl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading in another thread and it seems like the general concencus is that B&B has the deepest exhaust. How does this change with the removal of cats. I don't care too much about power increase, I just want as deep as possible. What would your recommendations be? I may just leave the cats in if that's recommended for a deep tone. Or I can take them all out. What to do, what to do :dontknow:

I have the B&B but with electronic cut outs, as far as when its all closed up, the truck is very very quiet in my opinion like a sleeper. But when you open up that bad boy shes deep loud and obnoxious! Without cats is unknown to me due to my emission laws here doh!

Yank all the cats out.... But keep them in a box....

Weld in flanges or just cut and weld the pipes together again...

B and B's are very expensive..... But if you can afford 'em.... I hear they're nice.

Bon chance, Monseiur............

D

I cheapened out on my last car to build it faster, not with this one. If it takes me 5 years to get it to where I like, so be it.

SrtBrad said:
Here is what Bellanger Long Tubes with cat delete and Magnaflow catback sounds like. The B&B's are a bit of a deeper tone but not by much compared to this video:

Damn brother that is a nice looking truck. AMOPARMAN sold me on the Magnaflow catback exahust. Just a pretty truck, reminds me of mine. thanks for the video

I've read on here that the muffler is pretty much straight through and there really is no performance gain from catbacks due to this. I could be wrong though as there is a lot of different info on the site. So I'm still wondering what just deleting the cats will make the truck sound like while driving. I've heard the video of it idling like this, but I wonder if it gets raspy, hi pitched, or anything bad like that. I just want to get the deepest sound I can out of this motor.

If ya want the exhaust to remain a little civility, then replace the cats with hi flows, then do your cat back, that way the raspyness is less likely to occur;)

Civility? Who cares about that? Well, I would if I lived in a neighborhood, but my closest neighbors are a tenth of a mile away at least so no concerns there. Just want it to be deep and no raspiness. I used resonators in my 4 cylinder to get rid of rasp so I may do the same for the SRT.

I have hi flows and resonators on mine for a few months now. I'd say that this made it about 30% quieter outside but the benefits was the inside of the cab was a lot more quiet (maybe 50%).

I'm honestly thinking about going straightpiped with 3-4 flopro twister resonators. I would think this would be a good combo of power, sound, and price. Maybe throw a different style of tip on there too.

I just finished installing my B&B with high flow cats and love it!:rock:
One of the best sounding exhausts, by far.:congrats:

Fit and finish is second to none.

MikeNice said:
I just finished installing my B&B with high flow cats and love it!:rock:
One of the best sounding exhausts, by far.:congrats:

Fit and finish is second to none.

Stock manifolds? Bolt right in? Send me some links to where you bought it and then get some video up. :rock:

MikeNice said:
Just noticed your in Cadillac, I'm in Hartland.
You ever out the Brighton way?

Mike, this is V10 venom from xceed, used to be BoostedSol
I used to drive the boosted black solstice andI traded for my SRT.

I'm pretty good friends with Marcus.

I lived in Fenton for the last year and two days after getting my SRT I moved up here.
I absolutley have to find a way to make it down there again before the end of the year.

I don't think we've met, but I've seen your truck before.

Last edited:
4to10cyl said:
I was reading in another thread and it seems like the general concencus is that B&B has the deepest exhaust. How does this change with the removal of cats. I don't care too much about power increase, I just want as deep as possible. What would your recommendations be? I may just leave the cats in if that's recommended for a deep tone. Or I can take them all out. What to do, what to do :dontknow:
I've been reading through the thread and there's a lot of good info, now my 2 cents. I've had the pleasure of hearing the B&B's on a truck in addition to a truck with just the magnaflow system. Its not that the B&B system is deeper, just different then the magnaflow. On my old truck I went with the magnaflows at first and was very pleased. Just cause its less expensive, doesn't mean its cheaply made. The B&B is stainless which accounts for the huge price difference. I loved my magnaflow system and later deleted the cats and let me tell you, holly crap! The truck would rattle my house windows when idling outside. Demon 8 has my truck now if you want to ask him what he thinks. My interior was dynamated also which cuts out the any resonation in the cab. Its the perfect setup and will put you back less then $1K for a setup that will give wood everytime you step on the fun pedal. Thats just my take on things, hope it helps!!

lbstone said:
I loved my magnaflow system and later deleted the cats and let me tell you, holly crap! !!

Magnaflow with cat delete is the tone from hell!!! All my neighbors know when I am driving around. Even at idle its snarling!!!! WOT.........f#cking Nascar dude!!!! I do feel it has a deep tone..........I would certainly describe it that way.

B&B stuff rocks as well, it just costs more. Neither is better, its about the tone and just like art, its subjective to your opinion.

patrick

Billy Boats from what I have heard are the deepest by far for these "exotic" sounding trucks. I love mine, it kicks some serious ass. All Billy Boat: Long tube headers (custom fit/altered RH/drivers header), Catless mids, Catback system. While the Batram was getting it's wheel alignment I asked the guy there to test the noise volume, here are the results, louder than I thought. :D

Idle = 85db
3,000rpm = 102db
4,500rpm (backing off/popping peak) = 116db

We estimate that it will be close to around 118-120db at red line or shift point 5,500rpm. All testing was done as per NZ regulations, 2 metres from tips in an outside environment. Seat of the pants driving around the city is pretty quiet for what it is, sure you can hear it but it's not in your face. No different to a mild V8 modern and/or muscle car, it's fantastic. Step into it and watch your penis and smile grow bwhahahaha!!

On another interesting note. I have spoken to 2 different Billy Boat tech guys and emailed 1 and all of them have said, convincingly, that the noise volume difference between hi-flow and catless mids is ZERO. They said that I wouldn't be able to hear the difference, they are around the same db readings, no difference at all. I was shocked as straight through pipes are usually ALWAYS louder so I doubled checked each time, same answer. They said the only reason to go with hi-flows is if you need them by law other wise go catless 100%. Must be true, they would know and the catless pipes are like $150 and the hi-flows are like $660+, if anything, they'd be wanting to sell hi-flows and talk them up. This maybe at idle and low rpm driving though. Still.....if it's loud, clutch in past the fluff......all good lol. :laugh:

Cheers,
Carl

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back